GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 31 Mar 2020, 08:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Bombed GMAT:630 Suggestion request

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Schools: Madison '15
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Bombed GMAT:630 Suggestion request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2014, 21:49
Hello,

Can someone please comment on my profile?

Standard Indian male working in the IT industry

ACADEMICS:
1. GMAT - 630 (first attempt) - Q44, V33
2. Graduated Undergrad with First Class and a GPA of 8.24/10 (Information Technology and Management)
3. School GPA - 88% both in 10th (CBSE) and 12th 90.4(Andhra Pradesh State Board,India)

WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. Technology Analyst at a IT service provider company(Infosys) since July,2009 (4.7) years of work experience.
2. Providing services in the business intelligence area for the hi-tech industry in the US(Hitachi Data Systems(HDS) and Apple)
3. Worked on the Sales and Channels area of HDS and Apple Online Sales and Service area for Apple developing reporting dashboards for the clients.
4. Short term goal: To be a consultant for a top tier product based technology company, or venture into product management.
5. Long term goal: To be a consultant in the top 4 / to be responsible for the end-to-end management of a well recognized product.

EXTRACURRICULAR AND OTHER INTERESTS:
1. Was active in games during school and college, interested even now. Play Table Tennis and Tennis.
2. Deeply passionate about the technological innovations in the world. Keep myself updated with them.

Do I stand a chance in one of the 20 to 40 ranked colleges in the US? I am open to colleges in western Europe and Asia too. I am short of time with R2 closing out in most colleges.
Should I give another attempt in a month and apply for R3? Or else, should I wait and apply for the next year?(would not prefer this, now who would like to wait so long! )

Please advise.
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 540 Q50 V15
GMAT 2: 640 Q50 V27
GPA: 3.11
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Re: Bombed GMAT:630 Suggestion request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2014, 12:47
I don't think you would be able to get into a top 20-40 US college in a 630 especially the Indian Male IT profile. This is the most competitive profile of all. I would suggest that you consult a counsellor in your area and discuss the strategy with him.

R2 is more competitive than R1. So it is advisable to apply next year. Till then, you can give another shot at the GMAT and may be get a good score.

Best of luck.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Bombed GMAT:630 Suggestion request   [#permalink] 08 Jan 2014, 12:47

Bombed GMAT:630 Suggestion request

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste