Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V44

WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
badsyntax wrote:
Guys,

I put together a list of all R1 WLers, what they did, and what the results were. Please feel free to make edits/additions. I could not figure out a way to embed the sheet here, so for now you can access it using the link below.

If you are or were an WLer, I would encourage you to go to the sheet and add more info as appropriate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... TdDYkZNOVE

Thank you. Interesting that the median GMAT is 730 and median gpa is 3.57 (independently arrayed). Yikes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Can anyone shed some light on how valuable it would be to revisit Booth and talk with Adcom?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
kookie wrote:
R2 WL joining this thread. Booth's WL process looks like a whole application process in itself. Additional materials, more letters of recs, updates to candidacy essays, school visits and a 90 sec video?? Sweet mother. Alrighty, let's get this party started. I quickly trolled through the thread and it seems like there's a lot of work ahead of us.

Any advice on how successful WL candidates reached out and maintained contact with adcoms? Did any adcoms offer guidance ? Anyone tried to receive feedback on their WL application so that they can address those weaknesses in additional material?

I just got in off the waitlist and thought I'd chime in here. I think staying in contact with someone in adcom is a very good idea. I e-mailed my contact a few times, maybe 3 or 4 times, over the course of the past 3 months. I also visited campus and met with him in person and while he didn't provide any real feedback on my application, he did ask about what I was planning to do on the video and gave me some good guidance. You should focus on getting your name in front of someone in admissions and making them want to fight for you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Might I also suggest adding a column in this spreadsheet indicating whether the waitlisted applicant was a re-applicant or not?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
Send PM
Officially joining this thread. Waitlisted on Wednesday. Not my ideal outcome but going to try my best to get off.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.46
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
on the waitlist as well. added to the google doc
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
badsyntax wrote:
Guys,

I put together a list of all R1 WLers, what they did, and what the results were. Please feel free to make edits/additions. I could not figure out a way to embed the sheet here, so for now you can access it using the link below.

If you are or were an WLer, I would encourage you to go to the sheet and add more info as appropriate.

I love this! I updated my info. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey all,
I guess I'm joining the waitlist club. I'm planning on doing the video for sure. I was also thinking about contacting my interviewer (2nd year) to see if she had any advice and to try and reconnect. Is this a bad idea? I haven't been in touch with the Adcom; does anybody have any suggestions on the best way to get in touch with somebody new? I think finding somebody on Adcom that could fight for me might be my best option.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 23 Mar 2012, 16:43.
Last edited by breakthelaw on 05 Mar 2013, 10:09, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
I got waitlisted in R2 as well. Does anyone know how many people from R2 are currently on the wait list?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Did anyone from R1 waitlist reach out to their interviewer? If so, do you think it helped or deterred your chances for acceptance?
I am 99% positive that the primary reason I was wait listed was bc of my piss poor interview. I literally did not sleep for 2 days due to a client engagement and by the time I caught the red-eye to Chicago I was flustered and incoherent. In the end, I can only blame myself for the lack of planning and under performance during stress, but I wanted to get the thread's opinion on reaching out to the interviewer on guidance, specifically when I'm pretty sure I messed the interview up. Also, any suggestions on how to explain to adcoms my piss poor interview without sounding like I'm making excuses. I'm actually a good interviewer and articulate as well so I'll make sure to portray tha tin the vid. Thanks guys.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Boothie2014 wrote:
For those on the waitlist, I wanted to give you guys some clarity. Given that last year's class size is 579 and Booth historically has a 60% yield, this means they will admit ~965 people each year. I have access to their internal admit directory and it looks like 781 folks have been admitted so far which means close to 200 spots are still available. There is still a good chance that many of you will be admitted in the coming months, so keep your hopes up!

Thank you...that certainly is encouraging (and is consistent with Booth's historical practice of approximately 1/5 to 1/3 of the class being on the waitlist at some point, as has been told to me anecdotally). The real question is how this coincides with the number of people on the waitlist (and number of R3 interviewees).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 26 Mar 2012, 18:23.
Last edited by breakthelaw on 05 Mar 2013, 10:09, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
kookie wrote:
Did anyone from R1 waitlist reach out to their interviewer? If so, do you think it helped or deterred your chances for acceptance?
I am 99% positive that the primary reason I was wait listed was bc of my piss poor interview. I literally did not sleep for 2 days due to a client engagement and by the time I caught the red-eye to Chicago I was flustered and incoherent. In the end, I can only blame myself for the lack of planning and under performance during stress, but I wanted to get the thread's opinion on reaching out to the interviewer on guidance, specifically when I'm pretty sure I messed the interview up. Also, any suggestions on how to explain to adcoms my piss poor interview without sounding like I'm making excuses. I'm actually a good interviewer and articulate as well so I'll make sure to portray tha tin the vid. Thanks guys.

I think it does not hurt to reach out to the interviewer. I was waitlisted in Round 2 and contacted my interviewer last week. He offered encouragement and gave me good advice on what to do in the video. He said not to try anything too creative since it is so short. Just focus on one or two things and show that you are interested in Booth. He said in the materials you provide, make it clear that you will definitely attend Booth when admitted. I work a rotating shift, so I know how it feels to lack sleep. I think you can definitely redeem yourself on the video.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Another helpful column for the waitlist good doc would be industry or type of work experience IE consulting, investment banking, private equity, IT, engineer, ETC
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
riskylvrg wrote:
One question - After being waitlisted is the admission rolling, meaning we can be admitted any time off a waitlist, or will all of us once again be notified a day before the R3 deadline (May 15)?

Admissions are not rolling. You will be notified a day earlier if you are admitted or on the decision notification date if you are dinged or are placed on the summer waitlist.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
badsyntax wrote:
Guys,

updated my column...great job badsyntax...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  22