GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 09 Apr 2020, 22:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Booth EMBA Vs Kellogg EMBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Wharton '15
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Booth EMBA Vs Kellogg EMBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2014, 23:59
Hi all,

I have been admitted to both Booth EMBA and Kellogg EMBA programs. My interest are General Management and Entrepreneurship. Am not from the Chicago area and therefore know very few alumni I could talk to form a knowledgeable opinion.

I have gathered that the teaching styles are different but honestly don't know which would work best for me. (I am a female with a software engineering background.)

Thanks so much!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V36
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Booth EMBA Vs Kellogg EMBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2016, 20:51
MountainView, where did you decide to go between Kellogg and Booth? I am in a similar situation right now struggling to make a decision between Booth and Darden. Although I live 130 miles south of Chicago, traveling to Darden will not be an issue. But paying almost 150% of the cost of Darden in Booth seems to have left me in a tricky spot. Can you help me out? Here is a poll I recently posted: choice-in-emba-programs-217180.html.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Wharton '15
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Booth EMBA Vs Kellogg EMBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2016, 21:29
archie9 I went to Booth - graduated a month back. The decision between Kellogg and Booth was easy after sitting through classes at both universities. At Booth I was very impressed with the energy in the class, the insightful comments of students and the intricacies of the Finance topic the professor was covering. The Kellogg classes I attended, I felt the material very light in content and unimpressive class discussion.

I am happy that I attended Booth. The class load however turned out to be so much heavier than I had anticipated. I learnt more than I had bargained for :-D . One of the best parts of the program was my cohort - highly intelligent, successful, finance people who had no difficulty understanding operating systems concepts, doctors who were entrepreneurs - people who opinion I would value and seek out the rest of my career.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Booth EMBA Vs Kellogg EMBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2016, 21:35
MountainView wrote:
archie9 I went to Booth - graduated a month back. The decision between Kellogg and Booth was easy after sitting through classes at both universities. At Booth I was very impressed with the energy in the class, the insightful comments of students and the intricacies of the Finance topic the professor was covering. The Kellogg classes I attended, I felt the material very light in content and unimpressive class discussion.

I am happy that I attended Booth. The class load however turned out to be so much heavier than I had anticipated. I learnt more than I had bargained for :-D . One of the best parts of the program was my cohort - highly intelligent, successful, finance people who had no difficulty understanding operating systems concepts, doctors who were entrepreneurs - people who opinion I would value and seek out the rest of my career.

Thank you so much for sharing! Were most of the people from the Chicago Metro area or is the program setup to attract people from a wider range of geographies?
Re: Booth EMBA Vs Kellogg EMBA   [#permalink] 23 Apr 2016, 21:35

Booth EMBA Vs Kellogg EMBA

new topic post reply Update application status