Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Re: Booth - Profile [#permalink]
I have to agree with eskimo here and concur on the fact that you really don't have a so-called 'shortcomings' on your application. While you say that your WE is perhaps a bit weaker, that's something extremely subjective. If I get to comment on the job I'm doing, I'd say that even high school grads can do it (well, I guess they'll have to be pretty mature high school grads). A no-name college doesn't mean a rejection. People get in b-school with normal, state colleges just like those who went to top-notch college. I really wouldn't stress too much about your undergrad institution or your WE. However, if you truly think you can boost your score up by a lot (and I mean 740+), feel free because it wouldn't hurt to apply with a higher score. But anything lower than 740 would be moot if you ask me. As you get into the application season, also branch out and see what some of the other schools can offer you. I'm not sure if Booth is the only school you're looking at, but really think about what you want to do post-MBA and if possible, add a few schools onto your list. Of course, if you have a personal reason to go for booth or bust, by all means, do it and have no regret!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
i had a typo there, GPA is actually 3.4. dealbreaker?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
greghopkins01 wrote:
i had a typo there, GPA is actually 3.4. dealbreaker?

I don't think it's a dealbreaker, but certainly a higher GMAT score may be able to help sweeten the deal. Had your GPA been 3.7, I'm sure no matter how little name it is, it shouldn't matter too much (since it's at least accreditted). What was your major? A 3.4 is still strong, but may appear stronger if your major is a tough one.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Nope. I was coasting the undergrad degree is in business admin.

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Send PM
I don't think you'll find too much trouble in getting into a top 15 b-school in the nation. As for anyone who wishes to get in booth, it's more than just stellar academics and GMAT score, but there's also that hint of luck that everyone needs. I still think that as long as you have that luck on your side, you have a shot. You just need to really personify your essays and explain your goals coherently. Booth divides its essay sections into multiple smaller sections that asks about your interest in Booth, your goals, and this non-conventional powerpoint section, where you get to show your ideas off in a powerpoint format. As long as you're able to blow the admins away with your essays, I truly think you have a shot at interview (again, this is even knowing your 3.4), and once you're with the interviewer, it's really about how you handle pressure and your communication skills. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Well, maybe I am being too negative on my chances. I just don't want to waste my time. It sounds like I am not!

So I am hearing they are not going to require a rec letter from the Pope or anything, and I dont need to have started a successful small business which has blossomed into a multi national profit machine? ;-)
GMAT Club Bot