SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY
Recent interviewed
SORT BY
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Dec 15 2018 [#permalink] BU Questrom
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 15 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"I was interviewed by Kyle MacDonald. I had met him before at the QS MBA tour in July, so a familiar face in the interview decreased the anxiety. The interview was relaxed, short and straightforward. He set the context by informing me that it was a blind interview and my application will be reviewed by two officers so as to get an unbiased view. Questions: 1. Walk me through your resume in brief, in about 3-4 mins. 2. Goals immediately post MBA. 3. Why MBA? Why now? 4. Tell me about a time when you were given the opportunity to lead. What is your leadership style and what did you learn about yourself? 5. How will you contribute to the MBA class and what do you expect from your classmates? 6. Why Questrom? 7. Other activities you wish to learn while your time at Questrom apart from the MBA curriculum? 8. What is the most innovative thing you have done to date? 9. Greatest professional or personal achievement till date? The interview lasted for about 23 mins. I got into the dual degree program: Full-Time MBA + MS in Digital Innovation."

masu4 from India GMAT 720; WE: 38 months; Internet and New Media
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 01 2018 [#permalink] BU Questrom
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 01 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"I interviewed with Nickolas San Angelo today over skype. It was a great experience. The interview was conversational, short and sweet. 1. Started with a typical tell me about yourself question 2. Why MBA 3. Why Questrom 4. Asked about an extra-curricular in my resume 5. Tell me about a time you had to face a difficult decision and how did you come up with a decision 6. What do you like to do in your free time 7. Any questions for me"

This user wants to stay Private

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Apr 01 2018 [#permalink] BU Questrom
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 31 2018 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Questrom was my first ever MBA interview experience. A tip to the future applicants who will soon be interviewing -> I would not categorise it as an interview but rather just a healthy conversation. Do not forget the fact that it is a blind interview and that it is only about half an hour long. So don't tell a sob story but rather keep things short and sweet.. The questions you must know how to answer -> 1.Tell me about yourself (this question sets the tone of the conversation so prepare a god-damn pitch !) 2.Why MBA and more importantly why now? 3.Why Questrom ? (Tell them what they want to hear... Make them feel like Questrom is Harvard) 4.Short term and Long term goals ? 5.What if your Short term goals don't work out ? 6.Collaboration story ? (Tell about a time you worked in a team) 7.What are your greatest strengths? 8.What are your greatest weaknesses? 9.Failure story ? (Use the STAR method) 10.Resume specific questions (CRAM that baby up... Make sure you know what you wrote on the resume and can explain it well. All the best. P.S-> I got accepted with a full ride and I think my interview played a HUGE role in fetching me this kinda money. So, prepare well and again - Make them feel like Questrom is the best freaking B-school in the world! All the best :)"

This user wants to stay Private from India Manufacturing

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 01 2018 [#permalink] BU Questrom
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 09 2016 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"My very first interview invite is quite memorable. I submitted my application the night before the deadline day and in less than 24 hours I have already received an interview invite. I then scheduled my Skype interview 3 days after. I had a very pleasant interview/conversation with Jen from the adcom. The questions are quite typical: - Walk me through your resume? - Why MBA and why BU? - Unexpected leadership experience? - Decided on something but the result wasn't as expected? I think Jen is very friendly and nice and the interview doesn't feel too formal. I felt at ease the whole time. I have no complaints at all."

greenzie from Netherlands GMAT 680; Pharmaceuticals and Biotech

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 01 2018 [#permalink] BU Questrom
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 09 2016 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Just got done with my Skype Interview with Jen Connors (Assistant Director). It lasted for 30 mins exact and below questions were asked : 1) Walk through your resume 2) Why MBA? Why now? 3) Post-MBA career goals 4) Why Questrom ? This was the only question where my response was followed by an open interaction (regarding the school ) 5) Tell me about an unexpected leadership experience 6) Tell me about about a time when you were innovative at workplace Overall a good experience. As others have also noted they do not integrate your answers into the interview process. But few observations I made : A) The questions you ask the interviewer are very important. They look forward to smart questions which show how interested you genuinely are in the program. My 3 questions were met with a lot of enthusiasm and highly interactive responses. B) Response to Why Questrom is the one they look forward to the most."

prateekb1987 from India GMAT 710; Commercial Banking

yes
no