Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [10]
Given Kudos: 94
GMAt Status: Quant section
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: WBS (D)
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Duke '15
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [0]
Send PM
Re: build your vocab and improve RC [#permalink]
thank you ( for review and the kudos :D )
i hope it will be helpful for you
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 523 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Send PM
GREAT.
Posting the reading is great. We need to read a lot. thing that each page above is a passage and we need to read many hundreds or thousand passage to be able to read the reading monster in 2 minutes. the reading that much can be finish in a few month and do not panic.

the problem with the passages above is that they are to easy.

anyone know the readings like above ones, please, post, or recommend.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thangvietnam wrote:
GREAT.
Posting the reading is great. We need to read a lot. thing that each page above is a passage and we need to read many hundreds or thousand passage to be able to read the reading monster in 2 minutes. the reading that much can be finish in a few month and do not panic.

the problem with the passages above is that they are to easy.

anyone know the readings like above ones, please, post, or recommend.

good point
but for me as international student, i can find a lot of new words
if you think that you are good at verbal, u can refer to BB post about fiction books
good luck
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 523 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Send PM
I meet a lot of new words in the reading above, but new words do not affect my reading and so, by saying the above material is easy, I mean the idea in the material is easy to understand. I am a non native who did not take undergraduate study in English.

gmat passages have no new words which affect the our understanding of the passages. The hardness of the passages is sentence complex which contains to many ideas. And, it is hard for us to understand.

TOEFL ibt 100 teach us to guess the meaning of new words in context and to understand meaning of sentences without knowing all the words in the sentences. This is key important because even native speakers meet new words.

what I mean is that we have to read a lot to increase our ability to read a long sentence, not to learn new words. New words is no problem any more for person who pass 80 toef ibt. We read to acquire reading capacity. Although we consult dictionary frequently, remember, truy to get meaning of a sentence/a paragraph before looking of meaning of new word.

if you have a habit of geting meaning of new words before understanding the sentence, this is suicide.

So, please, post harder reading material, which have long sentences and rich ideas, similar to gmat text.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thangvietnam wrote:
I meet a lot of new words in the reading above, but new words do not affect my reading and so, by saying the above material is easy, I mean the idea in the material is easy to understand. I am a non native who did not take undergraduate study in English.

gmat passages have no new words which affect the our understanding of the passages. The hardness of the passages is sentence complex which contains to many ideas. And, it is hard for us to understand.

TOEFL ibt 100 teach us to guess the meaning of new words in context and to understand meaning of sentences without knowing all the words in the sentences. This is key important because even native speakers meet new words.

what I mean is that we have to read a lot to increase our ability to read a long sentence, not to learn new words. New words is no problem any more for person who pass 80 toef ibt. We read to acquire reading capacity. Although we consult dictionary frequently, remember, truy to get meaning of a sentence/a paragraph before looking of meaning of new word.

if you have a habit of geting meaning of new words before understanding the sentence, this is suicide.

So, please, post harder reading material, which have long sentences and rich ideas, similar to gmat text.

i wish i can but copyrights are everywhere
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Unable to download please help
Manager
Manager
Send PM
paresh124 wrote:
Unable to download please help

i tested the file
it's working
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
build your vocab and improve RC [#permalink]
If you find yourself unable to figure out the meaning of a word on RC, see if the passage has brought some sort of comparison you can use.

Where as he is X, she is Y - > even without knowing anything about X or Y, you get the sense they are opposed or different in some meaningful way. Try to use this. If you see an X whose meaning you simply don't know, try to look for its "Y" - whose meaning you might.

3 RC tips from a V48 tutor
GMAT Club Bot
build your vocab and improve RC [#permalink]
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13957 posts