GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Oct 2018, 15:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

C-Blast is a hearty blend of powerful vitamins, minerals, and immunity

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 570 Q47 V21
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
C-Blast is a hearty blend of powerful vitamins, minerals, and immunity  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 May 2018, 03:35
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

25% (medium)

Question Stats:

73% (01:23) correct 27% (01:31) wrong based on 553 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

C-Blast is a hearty blend of powerful vitamins, minerals, and immunity-boosting micro-nutrients that promote a healthy metabolism, soothe the stomach, come packaged in a high-tech bottle, and will give you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

A. micro-nutrients that promote a healthy metabolism, soothe the stomach, come packaged in a high-tech bottle, and will give you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

B. micro-nutrients that promote a healthy metabolism, soothe the stomach, come packaged in a high-tech bottle, and they give you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

C. micro-nutrients that promotes a healthy metabolism, soothes the stomach, comes packaged in a high-tech bottle, and gives you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

D. micro-nutrients that promotes a healthy metabolism, soothes the stomach, comes packaged in a high-tech bottle, and giving you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

E. micro-nutrients that promote a healthy metabolism, soothes the stomach, comes packaged in a high-tech bottle, and give you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

Don't give up on yourself ever. Period.
Beat it, no one wants to be defeated (My journey from 570 to 690) : http://gmatclub.com/forum/beat-it-no-one-wants-to-be-defeated-journey-570-to-149968.html

Originally posted by daviesj on 24 Feb 2013, 10:23.
Last edited by Bunuel on 14 May 2018, 03:35, edited 1 time in total.
Renamed the topic and edited the question.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Re: C-Blast is a hearty blend of powerful vitamins, minerals, and immunity  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2013, 19:08
The relative pronoun 'that' refers to C-blast and so we need a singular verb.. (promotes, soothes, comes, gives)
A, B and E out for this reason.. D is wrong for the use of 'giving'.. That takes us to the answer C!!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 440 Q33 V13
GPA: 3
Re: C-Blast is a hearty blend of powerful vitamins, minerals, and immunity  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2013, 19:48
friend29 wrote:
The relative pronoun 'that' refers to C-blast and so we need a singular verb.. (promotes, soothes, comes, gives)
A, B and E out for this reason.. D is wrong for the use of 'giving'.. That takes us to the answer C!!

The relative pronoun 'that' refers to C-blast ?

Oh! isn't it refers to micro-nutrients?
Usually relative pronoun refers back to previous noun !

GMAT - Practice, Patience, Persistence
Kudos if u like :)

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 570 Q47 V21
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2013, 20:43
as per OE, actually 'that' is not modifying c-blast but it is modifying 'blend'..
e.g. Blend of x,y and z that blah blah blah...
I too have difficulty in finding what actually 'that' modifies. Experts please throw sum light on it.

Don't give up on yourself ever. Period.
Beat it, no one wants to be defeated (My journey from 570 to 690) : http://gmatclub.com/forum/beat-it-no-one-wants-to-be-defeated-journey-570-to-149968.html

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Re: C-Blast is a hearty blend of powerful vitamins, minerals, an  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2013, 22:29
fozzzy wrote:
C-Blast is a hearty blend of powerful vitamins, minerals, and immunity-boosting micronutrients that promote a healthy metabolism, soothe the stomach, come packaged in a high-tech bottle, and will give you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

1 micronutrients that promote a healthy metabolism, soothe the stomach, come packaged in a high-tech bottle, and will give you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

2 micronutrients that promote a healthy metabolism, soothe the stomach, come packaged in a high-tech bottle, and they give you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

3 micronutrients that promotes a healthy metabolism, soothes the stomach, comes packaged in a high-tech bottle, and gives you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

4 micronutrients that promotes a healthy metabolism, soothes the stomach, comes packaged in a high-tech bottle, and giving you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

5 micronutrients that promote a healthy metabolism, soothes the stomach, comes packaged in a high-tech bottle, and give you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

Concept tested : parallelism + SV agreement
Subject is C-Blast -> Singular so it comes.

parallelism angle : C-Blast comes packaged packaged in a high-tech bottle, and gives you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

Answer C
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Re: C-Blast is a hearty blend of powerful vitamins, minerals, an  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2013, 18:59
C-Blast is a hearty blend of powerful vitamins, minerals, and immunity-boosting micronutrients that promotes a healthy metabolism, soothes the stomach, comes packaged in a high-tech bottle, and gives you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

Answer: C
Manager
Manager
Premium Member
Re: C-Blast is a hearty blend of powerful vitamins, minerals,  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2014, 00:45
Here remove the prepositional phrase 'of ...... ' that will points to the subject of the sentence 'a hearty blend' which is singular hence takes a singular verb --- promotes. Also, make the list of the items parallel.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2018, 05:18
I think official Answer is also debatable. Please check the list " That promotes a healthy metabolism, soothes the stomach, comes packaged in a high tech bottles and gives you a patented C blast of chemical free energy"
----- I think this should be the correct list as all the properties are not the same " That promotes a healthy metabolism and soothes the stomach, and packaged in a high tech bottles and gives you a patented C blast of chemical free energy.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2018, 03:22
Choice could be least-error sentence but it doesn't make the complete sentence error free.
That refers to Micro-nutrients because it is closest noun to it.

Does the GMAT check least error containing sentence or complete correct sentence?

I understand that underlined part is correct only in option C.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V14
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2018, 23:46
Dear gvij2017

Imho,

C-Blast is "a hearty blend" of powerful vitamins, minerals, and immunity-boosting micronutrients that promotes a healthy metabolism, soothes the stomach, comes packaged in a high-tech bottle, and gives you a patented C-Blast of chemical-free energy.

I think that refers to a hearty blend because we have ignore some thing that comes after a preposition because its just an additional information to the noun.
Hope it helps

and please correct me if i am wrong.

If you want to Thank me Give me a KUDOS
"I’ve spent months preparing for the day I’d face you. I’ve come a long way, GMAT"- SonGoku

GMAT Club Bot
Re: C-Blast is a hearty blend of powerful vitamins, minerals, and immunity &nbs [#permalink] 03 Jun 2018, 23:46

C-Blast is a hearty blend of powerful vitamins, minerals, and immunity

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap