Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:25 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:UCLA R2, USC R2, Haas R3, Merage R3
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:Kellogg, Smeal, Fisher, Haas (Berkeley), Marshall (USC), Mendoza (Notre dame)
 Q48  V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink]
Why was visiting the campuses after interviewing NOT a good decision?

Are you hoping that your visits to Cal/USC will help prompt an interview invite?

Thanks! :)

kchatterjee wrote:
hypermeganet wrote:
choag82 wrote:
Im R2. Haven't received a request to interview.

I've already interviewed at Anderson and had my UT McCombs interview today with an LA alumnus in Century City. Why is USC taking so long?

Unsure. Really backed up, I guess. I know their law school admissions dept takes forever, too.

At this rate I'll have my McCombs DECISION before I interview (maybe?) at USC!

Same here...done with Smeal, Fisher, Notre Dame and Kellogg interviews...decisions from Smeal (Accept) and ND (waitlist) in. No interview news from Berkeley and USC yet. I am going to visit the campuses mid-March...hope to get interview calls, after the visit; because at Kellogg I interviewed before visiting (I know duh!) and it was not a good decision.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Very solid stats...have you applied anywhere else? Results?

Here's to hoping for sure...like I said, you have at least another week (possibly even 2) before you get too down. Best of luck.

aardvar11 wrote:
cyrez8 wrote:
What are your stats?

If you don't get an interview invite by the end of this week, it will be time to start "sweating".

They told me (3 days ago on Friday) a big bulk of non-local interview invites will go out this week along with a few more local invites.

I'll be sweating in about 2 weeks for USC since it sounds like they don't trickle out more interviews all the way up until the end of March decision deadline like other top schools like Stanford, Cal, UCLA...etc.

aardvar11 wrote:
Encino?? I feel like the valley is pretty much "LA"

690 / 3.465 BFA / 2.5 yrs WE in Advertising and Design - here's to hoping!
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kellogg, Smeal, Fisher, Haas (Berkeley), Marshall (USC), Mendoza (Notre dame)
 Q48  V35
Send PM
cyrez8 wrote:

Are you hoping that your visits to Cal/USC will help prompt an interview invite?

Unsure. Really backed up, I guess. I know their law school admissions dept takes forever, too.

Same here...done with Smeal, Fisher, Notre Dame and Kellogg interviews...decisions from Smeal (Accept) and ND (waitlist) in. No interview news from Berkeley and USC yet. I am going to visit the campuses mid-March...hope to get interview calls, after the visit; because at Kellogg I interviewed before visiting (I know duh!) and it was not a good decision.[/quote][/quote]

No... I definitely would not say my visiting the campus will have anything to do with getting an interview call; but once I have seen the campus, met the students, I find it easier to actually communicate with the interviewer, plus I know if its a culture fit or not. To me that is VERY important... I cant stage or prepare for interviews or talking, so unless I know I fit, how do I interview? Do you see what I mean?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cyrez8 wrote:

Here's to hoping for sure...like I said, you have at least another week (possibly even 2) before you get too down. Best of luck.

Thanks. I applied to Anderson, Merage and Haas as a long shot... so far I have only received an interview from UCI. What about you?
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V35
Send PM
aardvar11 wrote:
cyrez8 wrote:

Thanks. I applied to Anderson, Merage and Haas as a long shot... so far I have only received an interview from UCI. What about you?

Advertising and Design sound awesome! Very rare, I must say, mind me asking what concentration are you looking into?
Can you give me some suggestions for schools geared towards creative careers? -Art Businesses etc. (if any)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just called USC and the woman from the MBA program said not to worry and more emails were going to go out this week for local applicants. That only and handful have been interviewed thus far. so... whoo!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Got it! Yes, absolutely and makes perfect sense.

Being born and raised in California has allowed me to visit the schools I'm interested in a few times.

Best of luck to you!

Would you mind sharing your stats? :)

kchatterjee wrote:
cyrez8 wrote:

Same here...done with Smeal, Fisher, Notre Dame and Kellogg interviews...decisions from Smeal (Accept) and ND (waitlist) in. No interview news from Berkeley and USC yet. I am going to visit the campuses mid-March...hope to get interview calls, after the visit; because at Kellogg I interviewed before visiting (I know duh!) and it was not a good decision.
[/quote]

No... I definitely would not say my visiting the campus will have anything to do with getting an interview call; but once I have seen the campus, met the students, I find it easier to actually communicate with the interviewer, plus I know if its a culture fit or not. To me that is VERY important... I cant stage or prepare for interviews or talking, so unless I know I fit, how do I interview? Do you see what I mean?[/quote]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Sounds great. I applied to Stanford, Cal, UCLA, USC (waiting on all 4) and UCSD (full-ride fellowship)

aardvar11 wrote:
cyrez8 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
In all honesty, if I get into UCLA, I will accept. I'm a Bruin undergrad, and even my interviewer at Anderson was a USC Undergrad, and said Anderson is much better than Marshall.
I would like to get accepted to both though. And if UCLA says no, I would be happy to go to USC. (Just don't tell them they are my 2nd choice!)

cyrez8 wrote:
Would you choose USC over UCLA? If so, why?

choag82 wrote:

I've already interviewed at Anderson and had my UT McCombs interview today with an LA alumnus in Century City. Why is USC taking so long?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kchatterjee wrote:
Advertising and Design sound awesome! Very rare, I must say, mind me asking what concentration are you looking into?
Can you give me some suggestions for schools geared towards creative careers? -Art Businesses etc. (if any)

Thanks kchatterjee, unfortunately thus far it has not been very helpful!

I am looking to go into marketing / brand management - I was an art undergrad, but since my graduation I have only held advertising (non-creative) positions. As for schools, I applied to UCLA, USC, UCI and Berkeley as I wanted to stay in CA. I know Kellogg is the premier school for marketing... but in terms of specifically art related b-schools, I couldn't say.

Sorry I could not be more helpful!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Sounds great and best of luck to you. Anderson definitely has more prestige across California and the US but USC is extremely strong in the LA area.

USC usually gives out interview invites and decisions later (in comparison to other schools) so I wouldn't worry one bit about not receiving an interview invitation if you have already interviewed at UCLA and UT.

choag82 wrote:
In all honesty, if I get into UCLA, I will accept. I'm a Bruin undergrad, and even my interviewer at Anderson was a USC Undergrad, and said Anderson is much better than Marshall.
I would like to get accepted to both though. And if UCLA says no, I would be happy to go to USC. (Just don't tell them they are my 2nd choice!)

cyrez8 wrote:
Would you choose USC over UCLA? If so, why?

choag82 wrote:

Intern
Intern
 Q48  V35
Send PM
aardvar11 wrote:
kchatterjee wrote:

Thanks kchatterjee, unfortunately thus far it has not been very helpful!

I am looking to go into marketing / brand management - I was an art undergrad, but since my graduation I have only held advertising (non-creative) positions. As for schools, I applied to UCLA, USC, UCI and Berkeley as I wanted to stay in CA. I know Kellogg is the premier school for marketing... but in terms of specifically art related b-schools, I couldn't say.

Sorry I could not be more helpful!

I am looking for a Brand Mgmt in CPG upon graduation as well :) sounds weird but interested in eventually starting a small business--art business actually.
I am sure your creativity and stats will show through and get you where you want to be. Good Luck! Schools are ALWAYS looking for diversity. Sometimes you might have a lot of what they want to see, but you have to show it in 'their words'. Cant say I'm a pro but those're my thoughts.
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V35
Send PM
690 (38V+45Q+6/6AWA)/ 3.4 (Biotechnology); 3.29 (M.S. Food Sci)/ 2.5 yrs Proj Mgmt in CPG

cyrez8 wrote:
Got it! Yes, absolutely and makes perfect sense.

Being born and raised in California has allowed me to visit the schools I'm interested in a few times.

Best of luck to you!

Would you mind sharing your stats? :)

kchatterjee wrote:
cyrez8 wrote:

No... I definitely would not say my visiting the campus will have anything to do with getting an interview call; but once I have seen the campus, met the students, I find it easier to actually communicate with the interviewer, plus I know if its a culture fit or not. To me that is VERY important... I cant stage or prepare for interviews or talking, so unless I know I fit, how do I interview? Do you see what I mean?[/quote][/quote]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any news R2'ers?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
No news yet. Still waiting ....

This waiting does suck! Whats worse is that I haven't got a single interview invite yet! :-D Anyways ... I'm sure the e-mails will start going out soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Send PM
Just as a note: I was looking at admit411 and most of the R2ers interviewed in mid-March. So, I'd expect we'll hear something by the end of this week or next.

Decisions will be out in 5 weeks, so they'll need to interview soon. About 2 in 3 applicants gets an interview, too.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Received an interview invite today. Fear not everyone...they are still going out
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts