Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:23 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford R1(W/o Int), HBS R1(W/o Int), Kellogg R1(Ding), Haas R2(W/o Int), Wharton R2(W/o Int), Darden(W/o Int)
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink]
Helpful updates, guys. Do you think all the acceptances already went out, and now we're just waiting on rejections? Oh dear... interview seemed to have gone well!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rac2012 wrote:
Helpful updates, guys. Do you think all the acceptances already went out, and now we're just waiting on rejections? Oh dear... interview seemed to have gone well!

My interviewer made it sound like acceptances roll out and don't go out all in one batch. It seems like entering the transcript data into the system and then making a decision takes some time. Definitely more acceptances coming out today and tomorrow...
Current Student
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing/Brand Management
Schools:University of Virginia 2012
GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V40
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 4.5 years litigation consulting
WE 2: 9 months non-profit/health insurance
WE 3: 5 months high-tech
Send PM
Waitlisted folks...would love to hear from you if there's been any change to your status or if you don't mind sharing your strategies for getting off the WL.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
20lvo wrote:
Waitlisted folks...would love to hear from you if there's been any change to your status or if you don't mind sharing your strategies for getting off the WL.

im R1 waitlisted and didn't hear anything from adcom. basically i think the strategy basically is submit the letter show ur strong interest or another recommendation letter. the more important thing is secure a safty school and dont put too much hope on waitlist schools. just my personal thought. what is ur profile?

28/680/5 WE/domestic at LA
Current Student
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing/Brand Management
Schools:University of Virginia 2012
GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V40
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 4.5 years litigation consulting
WE 2: 9 months non-profit/health insurance
WE 3: 5 months high-tech
Send PM
superdkny wrote:
20lvo wrote:

im R1 waitlisted and didn't hear anything from adcom. basically i think the strategy basically is submit the letter show ur strong interest or another recommendation letter. the more important thing is secure a safty school and dont put too much hope on waitlist schools. just my personal thought. what is ur profile?

28/680/5 WE/domestic at LA
Yeah, I am going to submit a personal letter and a letter of rec from someone - hopefully I'll find a USC alum or even current student (I know a girl who is at Marshall now - we went to undergrad together - but I don't know if she'd be willing to vouch for me since we weren't that close). Someone on the BW forums suggested using Darden as leverage since I have an offer from them - I'll tactfully mention it in the letter.

Stats are 27/720/3.3-3.4 from a UC school for a year and a liberal arts school for three, plus additional classes at UCLA Extension/6 WE/L.A. for 13.5 years, Russia for the other 13.5. I think my interview got me bumped as the alum whom I talked to was very keen on pointing out the weaknesses in my job history as related to my intended concentration (marketing; I'm a career-switcher).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just got Marshall admission notice in the morning. Very excited. But I also have Georgetown admission, with $10,000/year scholarship. It is hard to choose b/w these two schools. Any one have any insights for these two schools? Especially in terms of job placement and alum network for future.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for the message.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:R1: Stanford, Booth, Stern; R2: Columbia, Anderson, McCombs, Marshall
 Q45  V45
GPA: 3.68
WE 1: 4 years, corporate event planning
Send PM
Still no change for me today... been total radio silence from them since I applied.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Marshall, Mccombs
 Q40  V42
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
Congrats! Both are solid schools -- but the key question here is do you see yourself more likely to be out on the east coast or on the west coast? I would suggest looking at the stats for alumni distribution from the schools website that should help.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks to johnac97 .

You are right that graduates from G'town mostly work at the east cost, while that of Marshall mostly at the west cost. I like west cost very much, especially the weather. But DC is a very great area too. And it seems that job placement of Marshall of 2009, only around 75% graduates found jobs, is bad, compared to above 90% for G'town.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I went to Gtown admit weekend for R1 and the 90% figures were inflated...it was more like high 70%'s. They provided a new report to us amd I honestly don't recall if it was a typo in the original (87 vs 78%) data or what, but it was definietly closer to 80% than 90%. Sorry this is vague....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also, I interviewed yesterday via Skype (they took foreeeever to get back to be about an itnerview, so this was my only hope since I travel for work and couldn't carve out any mid-week dates), and they said I'd know either tomorrow or next Tuesday
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Totally depends on where you want to be career wise. West Coast? East Coast?

Simple decision from there.

marsun wrote:
I just got Marshall admission notice in the morning. Very excited. But I also have Georgetown admission, with $10,000/year scholarship. It is hard to choose b/w these two schools. Any one have any insights for these two schools? Especially in terms of job placement and alum network for future.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for the message.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got the call, in!

sorry if this has been discussed - anyone recieve word on scholarship $$? This will basically determine where I end up, so I'm eager to get the details...
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:R1: Stanford, Booth, Stern; R2: Columbia, Anderson, McCombs, Marshall
 Q45  V45
GPA: 3.68
WE 1: 4 years, corporate event planning
Send PM
Just got a decision online... WL. (no interview)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm in. Admissions packet coming in the mail.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Emory, Berkeley, USC
Send PM
im in as well, got the call earlier. i also have a difficult decision ahead of me, admit to emory with some scholarship $ and want to be in I-Banking. But my goal is to be on west coast eventually (i figure i might have to do some time in NY) any thoughts would be appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
USC, no brainer

USC absolutely dominates the LA market and has a great West Coast brand

dominator wrote:
im in as well, got the call earlier. i also have a difficult decision ahead of me, admit to emory with some scholarship $ and want to be in I-Banking. But my goal is to be on west coast eventually (i figure i might have to do some time in NY) any thoughts would be appreciated.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts