Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools:Tepper Class of 2013
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: CMU (Tepper) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.05
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink]
i hope WL gets some admits this time... i did call admin office and the lady said WL folks do get a decision as well - Admit/Ding/WL...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
almostfamous wrote:
A R1 admit here.

Tepper has followed up us very well. The school should SERIOUSLY consider promoting its tight-knit community a bit more. For example, in Japan R1 admits are invited for alum receptions. On the admitted students' facebook (exactly 150 have registered by today), I can see that these invitations have been sent not only to admits in Japan but also to U.S. admits, as similar receptions are held in various U.S. locations (Chicago, NYC etc.)

The reception in Japan is on March 10th, will update you guys afterwards.

Right after the admission, I was also contacted by the current Japanese students at Tepper. They offered me opportunities to further learn about the program.

I have received great insider perspectives that I had not been able to find anywhere else. I translated these into English, to share them with interested Clubbers as well (with my correspondent's approval).

These responses are detailed, so I attach them as a word document. Hope you find it useful.

I'm sure you have larger concerns at the moment, but eventually it would be nice to know that you, and other Tepper admits that were at the reception just yesterday, are OK. Very disturbing to watch the news from there today, and read the emails that I have been getting from many colleagues in Japan.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
cmv wrote:
tigerbeck wrote:
Why is there no collective anxiety/excitement going on here? The decision is one business day away. All the other school threads turn into a crazy frenzy I thought. Well I am excited to hear how Monday turns out and am eager to see which GC'ers get in.

Becky

I'm pretty excited, and have been exchanging messages with a couple other people I know who applied there R2. We should all get together in the chat room on Monday.

How does one get to said chat room?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy Consulting
Schools:HEC Paris, , Tepper
Send PM
mbaapp07 wrote:
cmv wrote:
almostfamous wrote:
A R1 admit here.

Tepper has followed up us very well. The school should SERIOUSLY consider promoting its tight-knit community a bit more. For example, in Japan R1 admits are invited for alum receptions. On the admitted students' facebook (exactly 150 have registered by today), I can see that these invitations have been sent not only to admits in Japan but also to U.S. admits, as similar receptions are held in various U.S. locations (Chicago, NYC etc.)

The reception in Japan is on March 10th, will update you guys afterwards.

Right after the admission, I was also contacted by the current Japanese students at Tepper. They offered me opportunities to further learn about the program.

I have received great insider perspectives that I had not been able to find anywhere else. I translated these into English, to share them with interested Clubbers as well (with my correspondent's approval).

These responses are detailed, so I attach them as a word document. Hope you find it useful.

I'm sure you have larger concerns at the moment, but eventually it would be nice to know that you, and other Tepper admits that were at the reception just yesterday, are OK. Very disturbing to watch the news from there today, and read the emails that I have been getting from many colleagues in Japan.

Yep, everyone is ok! There was some discussion about it on the Facebook group for admitted students.

cmv,

Thank you for your warm thoughts. Sorry my update comes here with a delay.

Everyone on the Japan Trek Team is fine. The first quake hit on in the afternoon of the following day from the reception. The Trek Team was visiting local firms in Tokyo etc., when the quake happened. Fortunately, the team was in Tokyo, minimizing possibilities for immediate dangers, as the quakes affected most seriously northern part of the country (actual quakes) & coastline locations (tsunamis).

The networks were down for a longtime afterwards, but I was eventually able to reach the team after 21pm local time.

Again, thanks for your warm thoughts.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Booth, Tepper
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hey guys.....just about 48 hours to go...the end is almost here

Does anyone from round 1 know if they send just a generic status check email to everyone, or are the admit/deny/wait list separate emails?

I am going to be at work getting the email from my phone (where I can see on my email app the sender, subject line, and first few lines) and I am trying to figure out if I will be able to tell my decision right away, or if I am going to have to open the email first.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
brysondavis wrote:

Does anyone from round 1 know if they send just a generic status check email to everyone, or are the admit/deny/wait list separate emails?

I am going to be at work getting the email from my phone (where I can see on my email app the sender, subject line, and first few lines) and I am trying to figure out if I will be able to tell my decision right away, or if I am going to have to open the email first.

Way back in the thread, I think someone said that you can tell from the subject line.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
brysondavis wrote:

Here it is:

sscrewcaptain wrote:
MBA42012 wrote:
I feel like I really shouldn't be on here, but I need to procrastinate with something...

Good luck everyone.

FYI - I received an email at 4:15 PM on 12/21 last year.

Does the email just tell you to log in to check your status or does it tell you whether you are in or not?

We could tell right away from the subject line of the email, and then there was a link.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Tepper (R2) , Johnson (R2) , Ross (R2) , Wharton (R2) , Kellogg (R2)
Send PM
Hope Tepper will be kind to GClubbers...
Really wishing for good things here after my Ross WL

@TigerBeck

I don't think the pre-decision insanity on the Ross thread is what you should expect on all threads :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Ah. It's 14th March.

For next 24 hours I am officially 'crazy'.
I am too scared to even check my e-mail. :shock:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
alpeshvc wrote:
Ah. It's 14th March.

For next 24 hours I am officially 'crazy'.
I am too scared to even check my e-mail. :shock:

You probably don't need to start worrying until it's 9am March 14 at Tepper, which will be in 17 hours. And judging from previous round/year, in about 24h is when we'll hear.

Me: trying to keep very busy (which happens to be working on stuff that'll come in handy if I have to resort to Plan B, aka Plan no-B-school).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools: Tepper (R2) , Johnson (R2) , Ross (R2) , Wharton (R2) , Kellogg (R2)
Send PM
cmv wrote:
Me: trying to keep very busy (which happens to be working on stuff that'll come in handy if I have to resort to Plan B, aka Plan no-B-school).

At this point, it's pretty impressive that you can manage to focus on anything other than decisions...
Hope you brought up the fact that you have nerves of steel in your essays and interviews :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Someone please clarify this for me. Does adcom call applicants or everyone receive an email?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cmv wrote:
dapeople3 wrote:
Someone please clarify this for me. Does adcom call applicants or everyone receive an email?

Everyone gets an email, no phone calls.

Thanks. Any ideas on when to expect the email?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Ah this is the energy I was looking for. Looks like 9am Eastern earliest more likely about 3 or 4 pm. Watch the forums for reports. :)

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dapeople3 wrote:
cmv wrote:
dapeople3 wrote:

Everyone gets an email, no phone calls.

Thanks. Any ideas on when to expect the email?

R1 emails came just around 3pm EST, from last year there's at least one report of 4:15pm. So it's most likely sometime mid-afternoon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
tick tick tick.. that's the sound of my wait time running out!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Anxiously waiting. But probably not as bad as that I have to go sleepless. Already admitted to Emory. At least, I have somewhere to go. Good luck to everyone and thanks a lot for sharing all the interview questions!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  45   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts