GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Apr 2019, 09:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Being ‘not too black’; why people cheat; our Oct. 23 reading list  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2015, 06:00
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: Being ‘not too black’; why people cheat; our Oct. 23 reading list
Some of our reading highlights this week include research about the “special kind of stress” of being black in a mostly white workplace; “greenwashing” by too many companies (including Volkswagen) to appear environmentally friendly; and a “Back to the Future” day tribute.

[View the story “Being ‘not too black’; why people cheat; our Oct. 23 reading list” on Storify]

The post Being ‘not too black’; why people cheat; our Oct. 23 reading list appeared first on The Consortium.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.79
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 07:28
I just read the Ross forum, and people are posting that all interview notifications were sent out yesterday, October 26th.

I didn't receive the "application released" email until Oct. 23rd...

There is no way they could have read the application over the weekend, right? Or, is that it...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 27 Oct 2015, 12:33
Ross is super quick. I applied through the Consortium and received an invite yesterday (Ross's "Thank you for submitting" email came on Friday). They said they are sending invitations this week so they might not be done yet.

Originally posted by npash15 on 27 Oct 2015, 08:47.
Last edited by npash15 on 27 Oct 2015, 12:33, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 09:02
npash15 wrote:
Ross is super quick. I applied through the Consortium and received an invite yesterday (Ross's "Thank you for submitting" email came on Friday). They said they are sending invitation this week so they might not be done yet.

Ok thanks. It sounds like you are referring to an email you received directly from Ross?

The only email I've received so far is from the Consortium saying they have released my application. That email came Friday morning. I haven't received acknowledgement of receipt from any specific school yet.

I know the blog post mentions this week, however some of the Ross posts have transcribed email correspondence from admissions saying they were all sent yesterday.

I don't want to pull the trigger too quickly and seem antsy to admissions, but I kinda want to know what's up...
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 09:26
GTunder33 wrote:
npash15 wrote:
Ross is super quick. I applied through the Consortium and received an invite yesterday (Ross's "Thank you for submitting" email came on Friday). They said they are sending invitation this week so they might not be done yet.

Ok thanks. It sounds like you are referring to an email you received directly from Ross?

The only email I've received so far is from the Consortium saying they have released my application. That email came Friday morning. I haven't received acknowledgement of receipt from any specific school yet.

I know the blog post mentions this week, however some of the Ross posts have transcribed email correspondence from admissions saying they were all sent yesterday.

I don't want to pull the trigger too quickly and seem antsy to admissions, but I kinda want to know what's up...

Yes, the e-mail I received on Friday was directly from Ross. Last year I got that e-mail as well, so you don't have to worry. Once they acknowledge your application, I would wait a few days before getting antsy. No need to reach out now. I know it's difficult, but hang in there!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 12:33
Thank you! Hopefully I'll receive some school specific news soon.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 12:55
GTunder33 You will :)

I'm trying to navigate this journey in the "Stress-Free-is-the-Way-to-Be" boat so I'm practicing patience, prayer and positivity. It's still stressful, but I'm trying not to drive myself crazy (been there done that). If anyone else wants to join, let's do this, we can get better together! Buuuuut for the sake of sanity and assurance I did check my e-mails to get a sense of timeline.

Take it for what it's worth (as they might have a different process this year), but Darden didn't send me an acknowledgment until three weeks after The Consortium let me know the app was released.

I'm a new applicant to McCombs. I saw on the other forum that interview invites started last week but my application is not in the UT EID system yet. I went back and read the Consortium application and it said McCombs applicants should get an e-mail asking them to upload their transcripts to UT's platform. Since I haven't received that e-mail yet, I'm going to chill out. I hope that helps someone!
Manager
Manager
Sharon James: She never forgot to give back to The Consortium  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 08:00
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: Sharon James: She never forgot to give back to The Consortium
On one hand, Sharon James couldn’t have imagined years ago how things could turn out so well for the self-confessed “country bumpkin.”

And on the other hand, the Consortium fellow from the MBA class of ’89 at Washington University in St. Louis sees her professional trajectory as a series of “mistakes” that all led to the right place in the end.

James attributes much her good fortune to her experience with The Consortium, where she made contacts and prepared for her MBA program. The experience was so important, she resolved early on to give back by becoming a member of The Consortium’s Eagle Club. It took 25 years, but she met that goal last fall.

“Paying it forward. I really believe in that,” said James, who has joined an elite group of Consortium donors who have given at least  $5,000 in three consecutive years. “Paying it forward for someone like me is a big deal. I couldn’t have afforded it without that fellowship.”

The fellowship not only brought her to Washington University, but to an internship at Edward Jones as assistant to the president — perhaps the site of her first “mistake.” James was offered a full-time job with the firm, but she turned it down for a job in New York City. She wondered if she would she have earned more, or perhaps become a partner by now if she’d taken that job.

New York was a big step for James. It was a chance to truly open herself up to a larger corporate, cultural and lifestyle world after growing up in Conway, S.C. “I didn’t just grow up in the country,” she said. “I grew up in the woods. I was as clueless as they came. I’m talking country bumpkin. But the difference was that I had a good work ethic, an above-average intellect and I applied it.”

In New York, she took a job with Chemical Bank. That, too, came at the expense of an opportunity in the treasury department for Exxon. “That was a mistake,” she said. “I could have had international experience. It’s a multinational company. I didn’t really understand how it fit into the bigger picture of business.”

Now, James is a business school teacher herself. She taught for eight years at Ohio State University’s Fisher College of Business and now serves on the faculty at Arkansas State University, with her doctorate from the University of Minnesota in business administration and strategic management. She frequently refers students to The Consortium.

“These students haven’t had anyone encourage them to aim high,” she said. “It reminds me of South Carolina, frankly. They haven’t been prepared to have higher aspirations.”

But she knows it’s possible. She’s fond of telling her students how far she’s come, describing the opportunities they’re capable of achieving: “The country girl has come a long way.”

The post Sharon James: She never forgot to give back to The Consortium appeared first on The Consortium.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
GMAT 2: 720 Q39 V49
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 08:26
Greetings All,

Longtime browser here.....I didn't see much of Tuck being mentioned but is anyone going to the Diversity Weekend at Tuck next weekend? It seems to be a really well organized weekend and I'm really excited to be going.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 08:39
Just wondering how long it took for people to receive emails from member schools saying they received your application. I got an email from the Consortium saying my application was released to the member schools, but have only received one email from a school saying they got my application.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 08:52
119maple wrote:
Greetings All,

Longtime browser here.....I didn't see much of Tuck being mentioned but is anyone going to the Diversity Weekend at Tuck next weekend? It seems to be a really well organized weekend and I'm really excited to be going.

I'll be there. Seems like it is going to be a lot of fun...and cold...and fun...and cold...
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 08:53
UPindex wrote:
Just wondering how long it took for people to receive emails from member schools saying they received your application. I got an email from the Consortium saying my application was released to the member schools, but have only received one email from a school saying they got my application.

I haven't received any school specific information at all and my application was released on the 20th. Hopefully it all worked correctly...

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 09:56
SilverBull wrote:
119maple wrote:
Greetings All,

I'll be there. Seems like it is going to be a lot of fun...and cold...and fun...and cold...

Are you staying with a student?
Manager
Manager
From the 1st Consortium class at Indiana University  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 10:01
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: From the 1st Consortium class at Indiana University
With The Consortium’s 50th anniversary just around the corner (the celebration starts in 2016!), we’ve been hunting for bits of history. We came across this gem during a web search for members of the first class of Consortium students in 1967.

This photo is from page 176 of Indiana University’s Arbutus yearbook in 1968. You can find the entire yearbook online here.

Here’s the text of the caption: Meeting with Dr. L. Richard Ohker (left), administrative director of the MBA Program, are (from left): Robert M. Lee, Roy W. Weatherby, Cecil V. Mason, Carl Bradford, Edmond L. Solomon, and Charles I. Randall.

Those men were the first six Consortium students who attended Indiana University (before the business school was known as the Kelley School of Business). The article with the photo notes:

“From the Business School’s first organized graduate program in 1942 has emerged one of the best Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs in the country.

“This year, six of he country’s top 21 Negro students, selected for a new industry and Ford Foundation-financed program of graduate study in business, are attending IU, one of three universities participating in this program.

“The School of Business, under the direction of Dean W. George Pinnell, offers a variety of courses in six departments with a thorough background in liberal arts. Business students may study management and administration, a specialized subject area, or may choose a curriculum combining business courses with courses offered in some other department of the University.”

The post From the 1st Consortium class at Indiana University appeared first on The Consortium.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 10:08
119maple wrote:
SilverBull wrote:
119maple wrote:
Greetings All,

Are you staying with a student?

Yes, I requested it. Haven't heard the final details yet though. Should be in an email late this week.
GPA: 3.54
WE: Other (Education)

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 12:41
119maple wrote:
Greetings All,

I will be there and am really excited about it! Any idea how many participants attend?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 13:08
ben021589 wrote:
119maple wrote:
Greetings All,

I will be there and am really excited about it! Any idea how many participants attend?

I thought that I read on last year's FB Divco page that there were ~70 people. Are you staying with a student? I'm so particular with my housing space that I've decided to stay in a hotel.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.54
WE: Other (Education)

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 13:10
I thought that I read on last year's FB Divco page that there were ~70 people. Are you staying with a student? I'm so particular with my housing space that I've decided to stay in a hotel.[/quote]

Cool, thanks for that info. I am staying with a student, at least that is what I requested, and am awaiting details on what that is going to specifically look like.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 08:11
I'm getting kind of impatient with not hearing back from any schools almost two weeks after my Consortium app was submitted to the schools. I haven't heard anything from anyone. Not even an email saying they received the application. :roll:
Concentration: International Business, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q38 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 08:18
SilverBull wrote:
I'm getting kind of impatient with not hearing back from any schools almost two weeks after my Consortium app was submitted to the schools. I haven't heard anything from anyone. Not even an email saying they received the application. :roll:

Same thing here...
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 29 Oct 2015, 08:18

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap