GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Apr 2019, 06:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 11:45
sudaca2015 wrote:
Izzy767 wrote:
bluesteelleft wrote:
Hypothetically speaking - If you received a fellowship to your top ranked consortium school and were also accepted to HSW, which one would you choose?

HSW without hesitation.

I agree on H and S. But for W is definitely a toss-up. I have met a few Wharton/Tuck dual-admits that have chosen Tuck and most haven't received a dime from Tuck. Are you interested in finance?

IDK, I feel if you come with good work experience and good goals Tuck, HBS and Standford would and can get you to the same place. I think it matters most if you are coming from abroad or planning on going abroad where Harvard and Stanford carry a lot of weight, but that is because they are known across all fields and people associate them with prestige regardless of what you study.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 12:32
I agree on H and S. But for W is definitely a toss-up. I have met a few Wharton/Tuck dual-admits that have chosen Tuck and most haven't received a dime from Tuck. Are you interested in finance?[/quote]

IDK, I feel if you come with good work experience and good goals Tuck, HBS and Standford would and can get you to the same place. I think it matters most if you are coming from abroad or planning on going abroad where Harvard and Stanford carry a lot of weight, but that is because they are known across all fields and people associate them with prestige regardless of what you study.[/quote]

I agree in a sense.. I definitely think that at any top program you can probably get to the "same place" post-MBA if you work hard enough and make the right connections. I just personally think that when looking longer term, you never really know where your career will take you and the H & S names are better safety nets, even outweighing a full ride elsewhere (unless your financial situation is particularly precarious).
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 14:22
just got the call from cornell and yale
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 14:22
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.82

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 14:42
I think a lot of people salivate over having Harvard or Stanford on their CVs because in their countries these schools are really well-known or they went to really unknown undergrads, so they try to over-compensate this time around. But for others, like myself for example, who already have a degree from HYP, it's not a *huge* deal.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 15:08
Can anyone help me with my question? I applied to three schools via the Consortium: UCLA, Berkeley, and USC. I ranked them in that order as well.

So far I have been accepted by Berkeley and USC. Berkeley mentioned that they did not offer me the fellowship because I did not rank them #1. USC has offered me the fellowship. I interviewed with Anderson last month and I'm still waiting to hear back. Because Marshall offered me the fellowship, does this mean that UCLA passed on offering it to me, assuming I still get accepted?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 15:41
z2themo1 wrote:
Can anyone help me with my question? I applied to three schools via the Consortium: UCLA, Berkeley, and USC. I ranked them in that order as well.

So far I have been accepted by Berkeley and USC. Berkeley mentioned that they did not offer me the fellowship because I did not rank them #1. USC has offered me the fellowship. I interviewed with Anderson last month and I'm still waiting to hear back. Because Marshall offered me the fellowship, does this mean that UCLA passed on offering it to me, assuming I still get accepted?

First, congrats on your acceptance to Haas!

If USC did give you the fellowship, then yes, that means UCLA passed. Only one school can offer you a Consortium Fellowship. Doesn't mean UCLA can't give you other aid. Hope that helps.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 15:52
Quote:
z2themo1 wrote:

If USC did give you the fellowship, then yes, that means UCLA passed. Only one school can offer you a Consortium Fellowship. Doesn't mean UCLA can't give you other aid. Hope that helps.

Congrats! That's great news.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 16:10
philosobot wrote:
Quote:
z2themo1 wrote:

Thanks! I'm still holding out hope to get accepted to Anderson even without the fellowship, but I'm glad I at least have a couple options.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 16:11
Quote:
philosobot wrote:
Quote:
z2themo1 wrote:

Thanks! I'm still holding out hope to get accepted to Anderson even without the fellowship, but I'm glad I at least have a couple options.

I'm still waiting on Marshall and Anderson. Hopefully we find out from Anderson soon!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V38
GPA: 3.14
WE: Operations (Retail Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 16:17
Hi z2themo1!

Did you get an email or letter back from USC about fellowship money? I got into Marshall and Kelley, but have only heard back about scholarship money from Kelley.

I also have yet to hear back from Anderson! :(
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 16:21
Waiting on Anderson as well. It seems they lag behind the other schools.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 16:24
Quote:

Is Anderson the last school to notify? Seems like all others have already started but them.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 16:25
Hapinachu wrote:
Hi z2themo1!

Did you get an email or letter back from USC about fellowship money? I got into Marshall and Kelley, but have only heard back about scholarship money from Kelley.

I also have yet to hear back from Anderson! :(

Hi! I was accepted to USC on 3/2, and received a call today from admissions letting me know that I was awarded the fellowship.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 16:27
philosobot wrote:
Quote:

Is Anderson the last school to notify? Seems like all others have already started but them.

I haven't heard any fellowship news from Ross either. Seems like those are bringing up the rear.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 16:35
z2themo1 wrote:

Seems like the chances for a fellowship from Berkeley is slim if you don't rank them #1 :x
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 16:36
nicholasbentham wrote:

Congrats! Did you get the Fellowship at Cornell?

I have been admitted to Johnson, but I am wondering if they have started giving out their fellowship offers yet.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 16:43
Admitted into Tuck with Consortium Fellowship! I still cannot believe it!!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 16:56
Quote:
philosobot wrote:
Quote:

I haven't heard any fellowship news from Ross either. Seems like those are bringing up the rear.

Has anyone reached out to Anderson or Ross for dates?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 17:50
I haven't heard from any of my schools yet. Not sure what to think at this point.

Has anyone heard from UNC about fellowships?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 10 Mar 2016, 17:50

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap