GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Apr 2019, 09:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 18:16
mbahopeful89 wrote:
I haven't heard from any of my schools yet. Not sure what to think at this point.

Has anyone heard from UNC about fellowships?

Nothing from UNC yet regarding a Consortium based fellowship.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 19:23
CMH524 wrote:
mbahopeful89 wrote:
I haven't heard from any of my schools yet. Not sure what to think at this point.

Has anyone heard from UNC about fellowships?

Nothing from UNC yet regarding a Consortium based fellowship.

The decision release date for UNC Kenan Flagler is Monday, March 14th. Right around the corner! Lots of luck!

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 19:53
Looks like I spoke too soon! I got the call from UNC not too long ago--Consortium fellowship with stipend. I was admitted during Rd 1 of the Consortium but UNC reviews Rd 1 and Rd 2 applicants together. Good luck to everyone still waiting for news!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 20:29
That is awesome news! Congrats CMH524 on the UNC fellowship + stipend!

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 20:57
Ding from Yale
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Business Development (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 21:04
I got a call from UNC at 5:30 Pacific today, but wasn't able to pick up. The voicemail said I have the fellowship. Going to choose between Haas and UNC over the next couple of weeks.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Darden '18 (M)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 22:36
philosobot wrote:
Quote:
philosobot wrote:
Quote:
Waiting on Anderson as well. It seems they lag behind the other schools.

Is Anderson the last school to notify? Seems like all others have already started but them.

I haven't heard any fellowship news from Ross either. Seems like those are bringing up the rear.

Has anyone reached out to Anderson or Ross for dates?

Great. So basically everyone from the Consortium finds out if they are accepted into the Consortium or not. But if you applied to UCLA and they have not reached a decision, we cannot know whether we will be allowed into the Consortium until the last school (UCLA) actually accepts or dings us.

" For example, if you applied to six schools, and we have only received admission decisions from five of the schools, we will not release your membership decision until that sixth school informs us of your admission decision. " --From the email
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 05:53
ImAnMBA wrote:
That is awesome news! Congrats CMH524 on the UNC fellowship + stipend!

Thank you!! :-D
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 08:22
hey there- anyone heard any updates regarding decisions from McCombs yet?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Economics
WE: Other (Other)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 08:53
philosobot wrote:
Quote:

Is Anderson the last school to notify? Seems like all others have already started but them.

I'm still waiting to hear from Georgetown.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 09:57
CourtneyDelicia wrote:
philosobot wrote:
Quote:

I'm still waiting to hear from Georgetown.

I don't think anybody has heard from McCombs either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 10:04
GradSchoolHereICome wrote:
philosobot wrote:
Quote:
philosobot wrote:
Quote:

I haven't heard any fellowship news from Ross either. Seems like those are bringing up the rear.

Great. So basically everyone from the Consortium finds out if they are accepted into the Consortium or not. But if you applied to UCLA and they have not reached a decision, we cannot know whether we will be allowed into the Consortium until the last school (UCLA) actually accepts or dings us.

" For example, if you applied to six schools, and we have only received admission decisions from five of the schools, we will not release your membership decision until that sixth school informs us of your admission decision. " --From the email

Still expecting an invite or ding from 3 schools (UCLA,HAAS & NYU) . :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 10:12
philosobot wrote:
Quote:
philosobot wrote:
Quote:

Can you receive the fellowship and not membership, and vice versa?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE: Business Development (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 10:28
Got an email from Emory - I was granted Consortium membership, but no Fellowship. Congrats to everyone that has heard so far! Nacho, TUCK WITH FELLOWSHIP?! incredible! Congrats!

Excited to see you all in June!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 10:38
Chase18 wrote:
Got an email from Emory - I was granted Consortium membership, but no Fellowship. Congrats to everyone that has heard so far! Nacho, TUCK WITH FELLOWSHIP?! incredible! Congrats!

Excited to see you all in June!

Thanks man! Congrats to you on the membership and Emory! We should grab a beer at OP!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 10:57
z2themo1 wrote:
philosobot wrote:
Quote:

Can you receive the fellowship and not membership, and vice versa?

Not exactly. Here are the multitude of options you can expect to face as part of your consortium application.

1 - Denied from your schools. Therefore, Consortium membership irrelevant.
2 - Accepted into your schools, but denied Consortium membership.
3 - Accepted into your schools, accepted into Consortium, but no Fellowship granted by the schools you were admitted into.
4 - Accepted into your schools, accepted into Consortium, Fellowship granted by one of your admitted schools.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 11:24

Got into UNC with the Consortium Fellowship plus stipend!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 11:42
mbahopeful89 wrote:

Got into UNC with the Consortium Fellowship plus stipend!

Congratulations!! Keeping hope alive worked! Haha Maybe I'll see you at UNC!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 11:44

" For example, if you applied to six schools, and we have only received admission decisions from five of the schools, we will not release your membership decision until that sixth school informs us of your admission decision. " --From the email[/quote]

Can you receive the fellowship and not membership, and vice versa?[/quote]

Not exactly. Here are the multitude of options you can expect to face as part of your consortium application.

3 - Accepted into your schools, accepted into Consortium, but no Fellowship granted by the schools you were admitted into.
4 - Accepted into your schools, accepted into Consortium, Fellowship granted by one of your admitted schools.[/quote]

Thanks so much! So based on your response, it appears that if you receive the fellowship, you receive membership as well. I'm just curious because I received the fellowship from USC, but UCLA is actually my top choice and they still haven't released decisions yet. Clearly I won't be receiving the fellowship from Anderson, but I'm definitely still interested in becoming a Consortium member if accepted.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.48
WE: Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 11:47
z2themo1 wrote:

Can you receive the fellowship and not membership, and vice versa?[/quote]

4 - Accepted into your schools, accepted into Consortium, Fellowship granted by one of your admitted schools.[/quote]

Thanks so much! So based on your response, it appears that if you receive the fellowship, you receive membership as well. I'm just curious because I received the fellowship from USC, but UCLA is actually my top choice and they still haven't released decisions yet. Clearly I won't be receiving the fellowship from Anderson, but I'm definitely still interested in becoming a Consortium member if accepted.[/quote]

Yup from my understanding as well you have definitely been accepted into Consortium.

I'm waiting on UCLA as well, it was my last choice so not expecting much, but it's so strange it's taking them so long. I know they definitely made calls to some non-Consortium people in the last couple of weeks.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 11 Mar 2016, 11:47

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  49   50   51   52   53   54   55  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap