GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Apr 2019, 21:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 12:15
jbmonu wrote:
z2themo1 wrote:
Great. So basically everyone from the Consortium finds out if they are accepted into the Consortium or not. But if you applied to UCLA and they have not reached a decision, we cannot know whether we will be allowed into the Consortium until the last school (UCLA) actually accepts or dings us.

" For example, if you applied to six schools, and we have only received admission decisions from five of the schools, we will not release your membership decision until that sixth school informs us of your admission decision. " --From the email

Can you receive the fellowship and not membership, and vice versa?

Not exactly. Here are the multitude of options you can expect to face as part of your consortium application.

1 - Denied from your schools. Therefore, Consortium membership irrelevant.
2 - Accepted into your schools, but denied Consortium membership.
3 - Accepted into your schools, accepted into Consortium, but no Fellowship granted by the schools you were admitted into.
4 - Accepted into your schools, accepted into Consortium, Fellowship granted by one of your admitted schools.[/quote]

Thanks so much! So based on your response, it appears that if you receive the fellowship, you receive membership as well. I'm just curious because I received the fellowship from USC, but UCLA is actually my top choice and they still haven't released decisions yet. Clearly I won't be receiving the fellowship from Anderson, but I'm definitely still interested in becoming a Consortium member if accepted.[/quote]

Yup from my understanding as well you have definitely been accepted into Consortium.

I'm waiting on UCLA as well, it was my last choice so not expecting much, but it's so strange it's taking them so long. I know they definitely made calls to some non-Consortium people in the last couple of weeks.[/quote]

Definitely on pins in needles from UCLA since they're clearly notifying non-consortium and all other schools have sent out decisions.
I wonder what's taking so long after the draft.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 12:22
Anyone else debating between Yale and Cornell?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 15:05
philosobot wrote:
jbmonu wrote:
z2themo1 wrote:
Great. So basically everyone from the Consortium finds out if they are accepted into the Consortium or not. But if you applied to UCLA and they have not reached a decision, we cannot know whether we will be allowed into the Consortium until the last school (UCLA) actually accepts or dings us.

" For example, if you applied to six schools, and we have only received admission decisions from five of the schools, we will not release your membership decision until that sixth school informs us of your admission decision. " --From the email

Can you receive the fellowship and not membership, and vice versa?

Not exactly. Here are the multitude of options you can expect to face as part of your consortium application.

1 - Denied from your schools. Therefore, Consortium membership irrelevant.
2 - Accepted into your schools, but denied Consortium membership.
3 - Accepted into your schools, accepted into Consortium, but no Fellowship granted by the schools you were admitted into.
4 - Accepted into your schools, accepted into Consortium, Fellowship granted by one of your admitted schools.

Thanks so much! So based on your response, it appears that if you receive the fellowship, you receive membership as well. I'm just curious because I received the fellowship from USC, but UCLA is actually my top choice and they still haven't released decisions yet. Clearly I won't be receiving the fellowship from Anderson, but I'm definitely still interested in becoming a Consortium member if accepted.[/quote]

Yup from my understanding as well you have definitely been accepted into Consortium.

I'm waiting on UCLA as well, it was my last choice so not expecting much, but it's so strange it's taking them so long. I know they definitely made calls to some non-Consortium people in the last couple of weeks.[/quote]

Definitely on pins in needles from UCLA since they're clearly notifying non-consortium and all other schools have sent out decisions.
I wonder what's taking so long after the draft.[/quote]

If you got the Consortium Fellowship at any Consortium school, you are definitely already admitted to the Consortium as a member. If you decide to go to another school that is in the Consortium (such as UCLA), you still remain a member.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.05
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 15:30
It means UCLA passed on you for a fellowship and USC snapped you up. So when you do hear from UCLA it will be one of two options, either you were dinged or accepted without a fellowship, they can still offer you a merit based scholarship which might be similar to the fellowship. Because USC offered you a fellowship you are definitely a consortium member even if you decide to attended UCLA instead of USC.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 15:32
So it seems like we'll have to wait until next week for UCLA.
Looks like they're inching closer to that 3/17 date we got on the Consortium email.
Current Student
GPA: 2.9
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 15:59
First time posting so please excuse the formatting/quoting issues.

To the poster who heard from USC, when did you hear about the fellowship?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:16
Waitlisted at Tuck. That really complicates my decision :0
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:20
Any Tuck admits who received scholarship/fellowship...does it say so in your decision letter? I was accepted but haven't heard or seen anything in the letter about scholarship/fellowship, so I'm just wondering if I'll find out later or if I'll be paying full price.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:24
Waiting2016 wrote:
First time posting so please excuse the formatting/quoting issues.

To the poster who heard from USC, when did you hear about the fellowship?

I was contacted about the fellowship yesterday, 3/10.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.05
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 16:29
Somebody can correct me if I am wrong but you wont find out the details of the fellowship until all the consortium schools you applied to have responded to you with their decision whether to accept, deny or waitlist you.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 17:04
So is it rude to decline the membership? If I'm not getting the fellowship then I don't really want to spend 6 days in St Louis.
Intern
Intern
WE: Operations (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 18:30
DoorDelano wrote:
So is it rude to decline the membership? If I'm not getting the fellowship then I don't really want to spend 6 days in St Louis.

Same boat. I do not think that its rude. I guess it would just depend how much you value the networking aspect of those 6 days... in STL.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 19:17
Is anyone else still waiting to hear an admissions decision from UNC? I interviewed mid-February and still haven't heard any decision... I ranked them low so definitely wasn't expecting any fellowship calls from them.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 19:32
No new Haas admits today? Guess it's a ding with an interview, which sucks.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 3: 690 Q49 V34
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 19:59
CA88 wrote:
Any Tuck admits who received scholarship/fellowship...does it say so in your decision letter? I was accepted but haven't heard or seen anything in the letter about scholarship/fellowship, so I'm just wondering if I'll find out later or if I'll be paying full price.

Unfortunately not the news you might want to hear, but I was a round 1 admit with no fellowship notification at the point of admission until yesterday. When speaking to Amy(Adcom), she said all notifications on Consortium Fellowships would go out Thursday and Friday (3/10-3/11). My guess that at this point it will be full price
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 21:10
MBAHopeful91 wrote:
CA88 wrote:

Unfortunately not the news you might want to hear, but I was a round 1 admit with no fellowship notification at the point of admission until yesterday. When speaking to Amy(Adcom), she said all notifications on Consortium Fellowships would go out Thursday and Friday (3/10-3/11). My guess that at this point it will be full price

Thanks, that makes sense. I'm just lucky to have been accepted $ or no $ after seeing the profiles waitlisted and dinged today!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 23:52
philosobot wrote:
So it seems like we'll have to wait until next week for UCLA.
Looks like they're inching closer to that 3/17 date we got on the Consortium email.

I feel your pain. Waiting for them has made me crazy this week. Don't know why they are so behind the other schools.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2016, 06:23
jean225 wrote:
Is anyone else still waiting to hear an admissions decision from UNC? I interviewed mid-February and still haven't heard any decision... I ranked them low so definitely wasn't expecting any fellowship calls from them.

Based on what I've heard, only UNC admits that were granted the Consortium fellowship have been contacted so far. You'll likely hear from them during their normal notification period.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.86
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2016, 07:19
See you guys at OP! I'm headed to Darden. There is no way that I can turn down a full ride to a top 10 school that is a monster for IB recruiting. All throughout this journey folks have told me that things always work out to where you end up attending the best/right program for you. From the start, my network at Darden has been amazing, and very supportive through this process. I know that I will be fully supported and will achieve my target career goals. I'm looking forward to the best two years of my life.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2016, 07:42
Fellowship at Kelley! See you all in OP.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2016, 07:42

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  50   51   52   53   54   55   56  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap