GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Apr 2019, 09:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 18:09
GradSchoolHereICome wrote:
I am pretty sure interview invites (though not 100%, also maybe CERTAIN candidates did receive interview invites for R2 Consortium); however, it seems that a significant number of ppl on this thread have not received interview invites from R2. For me, UCLA is the only school I have yet to receive something from and I'm not sure how they could actively participate in the draft without knowing who they would like to offer their fellowships to (aka requiring that a candidate be interviewed). I am pretty perplexed by this, so please don't quote my logic–I could somehow have it all wrong. Just letting others know what a member of their adcom told me today over the phone.

I received and interview invite from UCLA Feb 2 and interviewed Feb 17, so they definitely had interviews.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 18:18
mba2k14 wrote:
Just called UCLA, they said they would be handing out the majority of interview invites to Consortium applicants closer to the end of the month. I know, not ideal, but stick in there. We have waited this long, we can make it through two more weeks :) fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone!!!!

Interview invites or admit/fellowship decisions?

I am pretty sure interview invites (though not 100%, also maybe CERTAIN candidates did receive interview invites for R2 Consortium); however, it seems that a significant number of ppl on this thread have not received interview invites from R2. For me, UCLA is the only school I have yet to receive something from and I'm not sure how they could actively participate in the draft without knowing who they would like to offer their fellowships to (aka requiring that a candidate be interviewed). I am pretty perplexed by this, so please don't quote my logic–I could somehow have it all wrong. Just letting others know what a member of their adcom told me today over the phone.

I see, thanks. It's so late into R2 that I wasn't sure how they could be possibly be still sending out interview invites two weeks from now. I have a number of friends that are in the same situation as you. Maybe they wanted to see who was drafted and then send out more invites based on that information. Hopefully you hear some good news soon.

I was one of the lucky few to have received an invite to interview, which came about two months ago. I interviewed a little over a month ago.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 18:20
mba2k14 wrote:
Just called UCLA, they said they would be handing out the majority of interview invites to Consortium applicants closer to the end of the month. I know, not ideal, but stick in there. We have waited this long, we can make it through two more weeks :) fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone!!!!

Round 1 deposits are due today so I'm sure after today some invites should go out
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 07:31
FYI - for anyone interested in MLT Professional Development, the deadline has been extended to April 5.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
GMAT 2: 720 Q39 V49
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 10:57
gbout3

Umm you do realize that I applied some months ago and circumstances can change so "0 intention of enrolling in" is highly misleading. In any event I've juat decided Charlottesville is not somewhere I want to spend two years. All of this is premature anyway because I still haven't been admitted. At this point it is all about fit as apposed to rankings especially in light of the recent rankings and credibility.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 10:59
119maple wrote:
gbout3

Umm you do realize that I applied some months ago and circumstances can change so "0 intention of enrolling in" is highly misleading. In any event I've juat decided Charlottesville is not somewhere I want to spend two years. All of this is premature anyway because I still haven't been admitted. At this point it is all about fit as apposed to rankings especially in light of the recent rankings and credibility.

Apologies if I came off harsh, I was just curious as to why you changed your mind. I can totally understand changing your mind after having visited a campus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 11:33
mba2k14 wrote:

Perhaps it's that those invites that are rolling out are for non-fellowship consideration, but instead for membership admission.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
GMAT 2: 720 Q39 V49
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 11:41
gbout3 wrote:
119maple wrote:
gbout3

Apologies if I came off harsh, I was just curious as to why you changed your mind. I can totally understand changing your mind after having visited a campus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no worries. When one visits a campus one either "feels" it or doesn't. I would say there is intuition involved as you either know it is the right school or not. Tuck and Johnson were the two schools that I felt the most comfortable with. Even moreso than my HBS interview/visit.
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 14:02
In at Ross w/ Fellowship
Intern
Intern
Schools: Darden '18 (M)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 17:35
If we have been offered a fellowship by a school, have we already been approved by the Consortium, or can they still deny us entry into the Consortium tomorrow???
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 17:51
If we have been offered a fellowship by a school, have we already been approved by the Consortium, or can they still deny us entry into the Consortium tomorrow???

If you received a Consortium fellowship from a school then you are a considered a member.
Intern
Intern
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 17:58
CMH524 wrote:

If you received a Consortium fellowship from a school then you are a considered a member.

I think what he is asking is if you received a call from a school saying that you have been offered a fellowship, does that mean Consortium has already given you membership? Since CGSM won't communicate membership decisions until later this month, is it possible that a school offers you fellowship, but then CGSM denies you membership, and if that's the case, do you then lose the fellowship?
Intern
Intern
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 18:27
It's my understanding that in order to be awarded a Consortium fellowship you must (1) be deemed a member by the Consortium and (2) be admitted to a Consortium school.

If that's the case it would be impossible for you to be awarded a Consortium fellowship without membership approval. Now if you're talking about receiving other merit-based scholarships from a Consortium school, that's a different story. It is possible to be admitted to a Consortium school but not receive Consortium membership because you didn't meet the mission requirements.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 19:02
CMH524 wrote:
It's my understanding that in order to be awarded a Consortium fellowship you must (1) be deemed a member by the Consortium and (2) be admitted to a Consortium school.

If that's the case it would be impossible for you to be awarded a Consortium fellowship without membership approval. Now if you're talking about receiving other merit-based scholarships from a Consortium school, that's a different story. It is possible to be admitted to a Consortium school but not receive Consortium membership because you didn't meet the mission requirements.

That's my understanding as well. But it seems some people have already received phone calls from the schools saying that they have been awarded a fellowship, even though we have yet to get the official word from Consortium. So naturally that should mean the membership has already been granted, no? Otherwise it would be very cruel to receive the fellowship only to be deemed unworthy of membership and then subsequently lose the fellowship.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.86
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 01:56
Anyone debating between a consortium and non consortium school.
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 02:59
Nai222 wrote:
Anyone debating between a consortium and non consortium school.

I did.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.86
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 03:02
I'm struggling between Darden and Booth. Receiving a $120k scholarship is big, but Booth is not a school that I can easily walk away from.
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 03:03
Nai222 wrote:
I'm struggling between Darden and Booth. Receiving a $120k scholarship is big, but Booth is not a school that I can easily walk away from.

PM me.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.05
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 05:33
Nai222 wrote:

I personally will take the money, both schools are well regarded in the eyes of recruiters. The pay scale difference between Booth and Darden are not that far off. Yea Booth is well regarded but not sure it is worth 120K plus.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 05:56
davidlbrooks wrote:
CMH524 wrote:

That's my understanding as well. But it seems some people have already received phone calls from the schools saying that they have been awarded a fellowship, even though we have yet to get the official word from Consortium. So naturally that should mean the membership has already been granted, no? Otherwise it would be very cruel to receive the fellowship only to be deemed unworthy of membership and then subsequently lose the fellowship.

The Consortium draft (when they allocate fellowships) was held last Tuesday. If you received a Consortium fellowship you are, without a doubt, a member. They can't give out the fellowships without you being a member first. And you cannot "lose" the fellowship like that.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 17 Mar 2016, 05:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  54   55   56   57   58   59   60  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap