GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Apr 2019, 07:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q156 V152
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 19:36
philosobot wrote:
walterwalter89 wrote:
UCLA with fellowship :)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMAZING!
And congrats, you might be the first one from UCLA. Haha.
Did you receive a call or email?

Thank you!

I got a call. I just can't believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 08:35
Got into my top choices with no fellowship. I also received the Consortium email last night, extending an offer to become a member of the consortium but of course no fellowship.

Admitted to Darden, Kenan-Flagler, Haas. Waitlisted at Duke and admitted to Fisher with 75% scholarship.

No idea what to do now.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 08:39
Sheeryakh wrote:
Got into my top choices with no fellowship. I also received the Consortium email last night, extending an offer to become a member of the consortium but of course no fellowship.

Admitted to Darden, Kenan-Flagler, Haas. Waitlisted at Duke and admitted to Fisher with 75% scholarship.

No idea what to do now.

Short-term goals? Long-term goals? Industry? Location?
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46

Show Tags

Sheeryakh wrote:

No idea what to do now.

Were you a R2 admit for Haas? The scholarship application isn't due until April 7th (I think) so there's still a chance for $ there!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

Sheeryakh wrote:

No idea what to do now.

At the beginning I was very opposed to go into debt. But every day I convince myself more that is totally worth it if you get into a top school. Haas or Darden all the way. I am already seeing the differences between a Top and not so much so school, and to me is worth the money, if that makes sense... Besides you get OP!
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 08:42
membership but no fellowship.

Can i still be a member of the consortium if i decide to attend a non-consortium school?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 08:44
yemitoye wrote:
membership but no fellowship.

Can i still be a member of the consortium if i decide to attend a non-consortium school?

No, you have to enroll in a Consortium school in order to be a member.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 08:44
nachobioteck wrote:
Sheeryakh wrote:

No idea what to do now.

At the beginning I was very opposed to go into debt. But every day I convince myself more that is totally worth it if you get into a top school. Haas or Darden all the way. I am already seeing the differences between a Top and not so much so school, and to me is worth the money, if that makes sense... Besides you get OP!

Regarding the OP: Is it really worth it to take days off work (losing money) and spend around 1000+ to attend this workshop? Supposedly, the awarded 370+ fellowships this year and I didn't get any. :(
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 08:46
LetMyPeopleGoSurfing wrote:
Sheeryakh wrote:

No idea what to do now.

Were you a R2 admit for Haas? The scholarship application isn't due until April 7th (I think) so there's still a chance for $ there!

Yes I was. So you think there is still a chance to get some financial support? What about Darden?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 08:47
Sheeryakh wrote:
nachobioteck wrote:
Sheeryakh wrote:

No idea what to do now.

Regarding the OP: Is it really worth it to take days off work (losing money) and spend around 1000+ to attend this workshop? Supposedly, the awarded 370+ fellowships this year and I didn't get any. :(

As far as I understand, the consortium runs with all the expenses including plane tickets. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 08:53
AW2016 wrote:
Sheeryakh wrote:

No idea what to do now.

Short-term goals? Long-term goals? Industry? Location?

Location is no issue for me or wife. Both are fine living and working anywhere. Short term, I would like to work in business development/corporate strategy either for consulting firms or any other global company, tech or no tech. Long term, I will start my own business. And I am very adaptable/flexible. Now what do you recommend!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 09:01
Is it possible to be a Consortium member and not attend a Consortium school? for example: Can I stay a Consortium member and attend Booth?
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 09:03
Sheeryakh wrote:
LetMyPeopleGoSurfing wrote:
Sheeryakh wrote:

No idea what to do now.

Yes I was. So you think there is still a chance to get some financial support? What about Darden?

Absolutely - Haas doesn't give scholarships at admit, you have to apply separately. There's a need-based scholarship in there as well. You should have access to the scholarship application once you can get into the New Admits website.

I'm not familiar with Darden, sorry.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 09:06
MBAHopef wrote:
Is it possible to be a Consortium member and not attend a Consortium school? for example: Can I stay a Consortium member and attend Booth?

Nope, you have to be enrolled in a Consortium school.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 09:15
nachobioteck wrote:
nachobioteck wrote:
Sheeryakh wrote:

No idea what to do now.

As far as I understand, the consortium runs with all the expenses including plane tickets. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure.

I'm quoting a past quote lol Also I hope they up the flight coverage a couple more hundred :-D

"This is from the 2013 thread. I was randomly looking at it yesterday:

Re: our costs associated with OP, this is from last year's thread, details taken from the booklet that's being snail-mailed to us. Hope this holds true for this year.

-Flight to OP is covered up to $300 (you pay for any amount over $300)
-you have to pay enrollment deposit to your consortium school and that also registers you for OP
-OP lodging, registration & meals are covered you will have a same gender roommate
-transport to & from airport not covered
-OP is mandatory
-fellowship will be renewed for 2nd year unless not in good academic standing
-Acceptance of fellowship & rules must be signed & returned by April 15th"

calling-all-2016-consortium-applicants-203572-780.html
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 09:37
I wouldn't really hold out hope on the Consortium giving us more than a few hundred for flights (if any). I realize it is expensive, but this is an investment in our futures and the Consortium and the OP experience brings so much to the members, not to mention the full tuition fellowships they have offered to over 350 people. I think the cost attending OP and taking vacation/missing work is well worth it and something we should be willing to do given how much the organization gives back to us as members.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 09:57
I wish they had public data on how many fellowships per school are given out!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 12:00
DoorDelano wrote:

Why? So everyone can game the system and pick the school that gives out the most? Consortium is very adamant that you pick the schools based on preference, and hiding the stats ensures that somewhat.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 12:39
davidlbrooks wrote:
DoorDelano wrote:

Why? So everyone can game the system and pick the school that gives out the most? Consortium is very adamant that you pick the schools based on preference, and hiding the stats ensures that somewhat.

I would hope people wouldn't start ranking certain schools higher just because they give out more fellowships. Without knowing the ratio of fellowships/Consortium applicants per school, you really wouldn't be able to gauge whether a school gives out more because they receive more applications or because they actually give out more on a relative basis. I have heard that NYU gives out the most, but it's also the program with the most Consortium demand.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.86
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 12:43
Ross gives out the most fellowships every year. This information is even posted on the school's website. It would be helpful to post that information to be honest. I think it will help folks to figure out whether they should invest all that time into a school. If your primary concern is money, then that information would be very helpful.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 18 Mar 2016, 12:43

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  56   57   58   59   60   61   62  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap