GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Apr 2019, 18:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

  post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2010
Posts: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V38
GPA: 3.14
WE: Operations (Retail Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 17:20
I'm still waiting on UCLA Anderson too and haven't received an email from the Consortium. Ugh. Way too much waiting.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 44
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.64
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 12:57
1
Just got the call from UCLA! In with the Consortium Fellowship!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2013
Posts: 108
GPA: 3.86
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 12:57
On a Saturday....that's whatsup!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 44
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.64
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 13:15
Nai222 wrote:
On a Saturday....that's whatsup!

Posted from my mobile device


Haha forreal!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 10:35
For those of you, like me, who were accepted into the Consortium without a fellowship, what is your thought process for accepting/declining? From what I've read, the main benefit of OP in St. Louis is that members are provided early access to employers. However, I'm not sure I want to secure an internship so early as I want the benefit of learning and weighing options about the variety of opportunities while at school. Also, what do lifelong benefits look like? Can anyone provide examples where he/she has leveraged the Consortium's network beyond OP/bschool? I've worked in the non-profit area for several years, so I'm already committed to the mission. I'm just trying to gauge the benefits beyond the immediacy that is OP.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 18 May 2015
Posts: 76
Location: United States
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 10:40
nnbh722 wrote:
For those of you, like me, who were accepted into the Consortium without a fellowship, what is your thought process for accepting/declining? From what I've read, the main benefit of OP in St. Louis is that members are provided early access to employers. However, I'm not sure I want to secure an internship so early as I want the benefit of learning and weighing options about the variety of opportunities while at school. Also, what do lifelong benefits look like? Can anyone provide examples where he/she has leveraged the Consortium's network beyond OP/bschool? I've worked in the non-profit area for several years, so I'm already committed to the mission. I'm just trying to gauge the benefits beyond the immediacy that is OP.


So from what I've heard, the recruiters at OP will extend offers but let you go through campus recruiting as well. So you're not obligated to decide immediately. There doesn't seem to be a reason to not do Consortium, in my opinion... there are only benefits with a pretty small cost. Though I guess it also depends how involved you'd like to be in furthering the Consortium's mission on campus as a student.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 62
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 11:19
Nai222 wrote:
On a Saturday....that's whatsup!

Posted from my mobile device


So are you set on Booth? Did they give you any $ to counter Darden's fellowship?

If a consortium fellow turns down their fellowship does it go to a runner up or does the money just get thrown back into the school's money pit for general scholarships?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2014
Posts: 152
Location: United States
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 12:05
DoorDelano wrote:
Nai222 wrote:
On a Saturday....that's whatsup!

Posted from my mobile device


So are you set on Booth? Did they give you any $ to counter Darden's fellowship?

If a consortium fellow turns down their fellowship does it go to a runner up or does the money just get thrown back into the school's money pit for general scholarships?


The money goes to the general pool, I believe. There isn't something like a second draft.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 62
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 12:42
nachobioteck wrote:
DoorDelano wrote:
Nai222 wrote:
On a Saturday....that's whatsup!

Posted from my mobile device


So are you set on Booth? Did they give you any $ to counter Darden's fellowship?

If a consortium fellow turns down their fellowship does it go to a runner up or does the money just get thrown back into the school's money pit for general scholarships?


The money goes to the general pool, I believe. There isn't something like a second draft.


They should have a list of "free agents" that they can offer fellowships to lol
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2015
Posts: 69
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 12:57
nachobioteck wrote:
DoorDelano wrote:
Nai222 wrote:
On a Saturday....that's whatsup!

Posted from my mobile device


So are you set on Booth? Did they give you any $ to counter Darden's fellowship?

If a consortium fellow turns down their fellowship does it go to a runner up or does the money just get thrown back into the school's money pit for general scholarships?


The money goes to the general pool, I believe. There isn't something like a second draft.

The schools give out a certain number of fellowships already taking into consideration that some of them will be turned down; they don't get recycled and passed along.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2015
Posts: 79
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 09:54
Has anyone else heard back from UCLA?
Congrats to all who have already heard.

Still waiting...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2015
Posts: 9
GRE 1: Q156 V152
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 10:10
[quote="philosobot"]Has anyone else heard back from UCLA?
Congrats to all who have already heard.

Still waiting...[/quote

I did. I received a call and they told me Anderson accepted me and I got the consortium fellowship but I have not received any emails from them.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2015
Posts: 9
Concentration: Finance
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 10:38
walterwalter89 wrote:
philosobot wrote:
Has anyone else heard back from UCLA?
Congrats to all who have already heard.

Still waiting...[/quote

I did. I received a call and they told me Anderson accepted me and I got the consortium fellowship but I have not received any emails from them.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



It seems like only Consortium folks who received the fellowship have heard back thus far.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2016
Posts: 9
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 11:06
philosobot wrote:
Has anyone else heard back from UCLA?
Congrats to all who have already heard.

Still waiting...


I haven't...still waiting on them and McCombs
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Nov 2015
Posts: 37
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GPA: 3.15
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 14:17
So I still haven't heard from The Consortium regarding membership - sure, a fellowship would be great but is odd that I haven't even heard about memberships? Is there a rhyme or reason why some of us may not have gotten news yet?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2015
Posts: 60
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 14:22
1
[quote="lily2true"]So I still haven't heard from The Consortium regarding membership - sure, a fellowship would be great but is odd that I haven't even heard about memberships? Is there a rhyme or reason why some of us may not have gotten news yet?[/quote


from my understanding, all that means is at least one school has not released their admissions decision to the consortium


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2015
Posts: 69
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 14:30
lily2true wrote:
So I still haven't heard from The Consortium regarding membership - sure, a fellowship would be great but is odd that I haven't even heard about memberships? Is there a rhyme or reason why some of us may not have gotten news yet?

It could be that the Consortium school you are waiting to hear back from hasn't released their admissions decision on you yet (in which case the Consortium hasn't had the chance to issue your membership decision, since admission to a school comes before membership).
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2014
Posts: 152
Location: United States
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 14:49
lily2true wrote:
So I still haven't heard from The Consortium regarding membership - sure, a fellowship would be great but is odd that I haven't even heard about memberships? Is there a rhyme or reason why some of us may not have gotten news yet?


For what I see in your school list, you havent beena accepted into any consortium school. If so, you would not be a member of the consortium. Did you apply to any other schools besides the one you have listed in your profile. You may still be able to become a member if you are accepted from the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 29 Oct 2013
Posts: 20
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 15:59
1
Major screw up of all time. Get an letter in the mail advising me that I was accepted to Tuck with fellowship. I hadn't heard back from Tuck yet and thought it was odd. Contacted the Consortium and they said that it's not unusual given some schools let the Consortium tell applicants before the school does. I decided to call Tuck directly. The ad-com seemed confused and had me on hold for 8 mins to look into it. She finally came back and advised me to send an email to the general Tuck Admissions email clarifying what happened and that she would look into it and email me back. Supposedly they have multiple resources to check and it would take awhile and she didn't want to keep me on hold. Less than 30 mins later, I get a call from the Consortium telling me they made a mistake. I guess when they were checking their information with who got accepted/offered fellowship they didn't double check first names/last names/SSN's etc. She ultimately apologized saying it was an internal problem and not Tuck's then told me to disregard the letter. How does an organization screw up this bad with something this important after there is constant communication between the schools and the consortium leading up to the draft and after? My mind is blown on how this happened. I've heard it happening on the undergraduate level every 3-4 years, but with MBA's and scholarship money at stake? Unbelievable.

P.s. - I'm still waiting for that sympathetic and apologetic email from Tuck regarding the situation, but I won't hold my breathe. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back or have already received admittance.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2013
Posts: 43
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Business Development (Retail)
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 20:06
1
NickPapagiorgio wrote:
Major screw up of all time. Get an letter in the mail advising me that I was accepted to Tuck with fellowship. I hadn't heard back from Tuck yet and thought it was odd. Contacted the Consortium and they said that it's not unusual given some schools let the Consortium tell applicants before the school does. I decided to call Tuck directly. The ad-com seemed confused and had me on hold for 8 mins to look into it. She finally came back and advised me to send an email to the general Tuck Admissions email clarifying what happened and that she would look into it and email me back. Supposedly they have multiple resources to check and it would take awhile and she didn't want to keep me on hold. Less than 30 mins later, I get a call from the Consortium telling me they made a mistake. I guess when they were checking their information with who got accepted/offered fellowship they didn't double check first names/last names/SSN's etc. She ultimately apologized saying it was an internal problem and not Tuck's then told me to disregard the letter. How does an organization screw up this bad with something this important after there is constant communication between the schools and the consortium leading up to the draft and after? My mind is blown on how this happened. I've heard it happening on the undergraduate level every 3-4 years, but with MBA's and scholarship money at stake? Unbelievable.

P.s. - I'm still waiting for that sympathetic and apologetic email from Tuck regarding the situation, but I won't hold my breathe. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back or have already received admittance.



#Facepalm. Man it suck you had to go through that. I hope you get into at least one of your schools. On the bright side, you don't have to go to the tundra now. =)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 22 Mar 2016, 20:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

  post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.