GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Apr 2019, 21:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 09:14
Out at Darden. Looks like its between Johnson and McCombs
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 11:21
So folks who applied to UCLA, I know several of us got the email saying our transcripts were still missing and it turned out to be an error for Consortium applicants. If you login now, do you have all green checks? I still have a red x, even though when I called back in Feb, they said I was good to go and that they'd fix it on their end.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 11:27
LetMyPeopleGoSurfing wrote:
So folks who applied to UCLA, I know several of us got the email saying our transcripts were still missing and it turned out to be an error for Consortium applicants. If you login now, do you have all green checks? I still have a red x, even though when I called back in Feb, they said I was good to go and that they'd fix it on their end.

Still have the red X on my end...
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 11:28
PsiTheta wrote:

Ok, I won't bug them with a call then. Thanks!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 11:43
PsiTheta wrote:

Ok, I won't bug them with a call then. Thanks!

Same here, I was told that we would only need to send 1 back in Feb.
We're you asked to submit additional transcripts?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 12:26
philosobot wrote:

Only when I was invited to interview when they asked for the official copy instead of the Consortium-supplied copy. Nothing since then.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 13:29
gbout3 wrote:

heard from either?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 16:38
philosobot wrote:

Only when I was invited to interview when they asked for the official copy instead of the Consortium-supplied copy. Nothing since then.

Wondering what they're doing on their end then since it doesn't seem like Consortium applicants don't even know if they've been dinged.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 16:43
curiousOne wrote:
gbout3 wrote:

heard from either?

Yea I am in at Johnson. Mccombs isn't releasing decisions until next week though. I'm leaning towards Johnson now anyways though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 17:24
gbout3 wrote:
curiousOne wrote:
gbout3 wrote:

heard from either?

Yea I am in at Johnson. Mccombs isn't releasing decisions until next week though. I'm leaning towards Johnson now anyways though

awesome congrats!

Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 22:38
I am currently torn and have a tough time deciding between three MBA programs (no Consortium fellowship but membership) in which I have been admitted into:

- Emory (with $$) via The Consortium
- UNC Kenan-Flagler via The Consortium
- IESE

Background: I currently work in corporate and investment banking front-office position in NYC. Been in the same team for 3+ years. Also have half a year experience as a FIG Credit Analyst and 1 year of consulting experience. Native Spanish speaker. US Citizen.

Goal: I am looking to transition into a corporate strategy / business development role within a large corporation or a startup. Flexible in terms of geography. Backup would be to do management consulting or rejoin finance.

Which of the three MBA program I am deciding between has the best reputation/prestige? And how comparable is a top 5 European Business School to a Top 20 US Business School? How would it be ranking-wise be if European and US programs were ranked together? Ya'll advice would be much appreciated!
Intern
Intern
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2016, 04:31
notl9up8 wrote:
I am currently torn and have a tough time deciding between three MBA programs (no Consortium fellowship but membership) in which I have been admitted into:

- Emory (with $$) via The Consortium
- UNC Kenan-Flagler via The Consortium
- IESE

Background: I currently work in corporate and investment banking front-office position in NYC. Been in the same team for 3+ years. Also have half a year experience as a FIG Credit Analyst and 1 year of consulting experience. Native Spanish speaker. US Citizen.

Goal: I am looking to transition into a corporate strategy / business development role within a large corporation or a startup. Flexible in terms of geography. Backup would be to do management consulting or rejoin finance.

Which of the three MBA program I am deciding between has the best reputation/prestige? And how comparable is a top 5 European Business School to a Top 20 US Business School? How would it be ranking-wise be if European and US programs were ranked together? Ya'll advice would be much appreciated!

I don't have an answer to your question but are you planning to attend admit weekends? Those events may give you some face time with current students, career services, etc. that can give you some insight. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V38
GPA: 3.14
WE: Operations (Retail Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2016, 08:19
I got a call from UCLA Anderson yesterday at 6pm PST. I got in with full Consortium scholarship! :)

They are still making calls so don't lose hope!
Manager
Manager
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2016, 10:09
Hapinachu wrote:
I got a call from UCLA Anderson yesterday at 6pm PST. I got in with full Consortium scholarship! :)

They are still making calls so don't lose hope!

Major congrats! Glad to know that they're coming.
Last I called them they said mid-late March. Which is next week. Haha.

Anyone get a chance to speak to admissions on the timeline?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q156 V152

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2016, 10:37
I just got the official acceptance letter from UCLA and the consortium award letter.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Economics
WE: Other (Other)

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2016, 10:49
NickPapagiorgio wrote:
Major screw up of all time. Get an letter in the mail advising me that I was accepted to Tuck with fellowship. I hadn't heard back from Tuck yet and thought it was odd. Contacted the Consortium and they said that it's not unusual given some schools let the Consortium tell applicants before the school does. I decided to call Tuck directly. The ad-com seemed confused and had me on hold for 8 mins to look into it. She finally came back and advised me to send an email to the general Tuck Admissions email clarifying what happened and that she would look into it and email me back. Supposedly they have multiple resources to check and it would take awhile and she didn't want to keep me on hold. Less than 30 mins later, I get a call from the Consortium telling me they made a mistake. I guess when they were checking their information with who got accepted/offered fellowship they didn't double check first names/last names/SSN's etc. She ultimately apologized saying it was an internal problem and not Tuck's then told me to disregard the letter. How does an organization screw up this bad with something this important after there is constant communication between the schools and the consortium leading up to the draft and after? My mind is blown on how this happened. I've heard it happening on the undergraduate level every 3-4 years, but with MBA's and scholarship money at stake? Unbelievable.

P.s. - I'm still waiting for that sympathetic and apologetic email from Tuck regarding the situation, but I won't hold my breathe. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back or have already received admittance.

A Very similar situation happened to me. Smh. Sorry that this happened to you too!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2016, 13:33
Just received UNC Kenan Flagler's letter and super cool welcome video in the mail (taking technology to the next level)! I'm impressed with this little gadget.

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 18:55
ImAnMBA wrote:
Just received UNC Kenan Flagler's letter and super cool welcome video in the mail (taking technology to the next level)! I'm impressed with this little gadget.

First, thanks for the heads up! As I was used to getting a FedEx tracking email, I was not expecting anything from KF...

Yes, I too was impressed by this little gadget. My inquisitive nature took over. The item was drop-shipped from Tukwila, WA (a little distance away from Chapel Hill). The name of the company listed was "UviaUs". A quick Google search led me to their website, where I learned more about the company that makes the tech (uviaus[dot]com/portfolio/university-of-north-carolina/).

The website lists the pricing for the base model at $50. Without knowing the upcharge for the custom model, or the discount for bulk purchases, assuming a price around $50 each for the approximately 800 admitted students, $40k is a nice little chuck of change for a welcome letter.

Still pretty cool though. According to the above website, there are just a handful of programs using this technology. I'd be interested to see if this catches on?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 23:07
Anybody else still haven't received a status update from the Consortium yet?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 23:56
mba2k14 wrote:
Anybody else still haven't received a status update from the Consortium yet?

I have not, but I think it's because they are waiting on my ding (or possible acceptance?) from McCombs. The Consortium said that we would not hear until all schools have reported.

Not sure why you haven't heard though? Looks like all of your schools have gotten back to you... I'd reach out to them if I were you?

Best of luck!

BTW: Are you headed to Duke or UCLA???
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2016, 23:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap