GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 07 Dec 2019, 04:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

  post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2014
Posts: 201
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 20:16
Anyone notice that once the schools upload the Consortium application into their systems it still asks for transcripts and a fee payment. What's that about? Is this right (specifically the application fee payment)?
_________________
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his GMAT level?!" -Nappa
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2015
Posts: 9
Location: United States
GPA: 3.54
WE: Other (Education)
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 21:29
119maple wrote:
Has anyone received any info on admissions interviews while at Tuck Diversity weekend?



I heard this morning and went ahead and scheduled for this coming Friday.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Oct 2015
Posts: 78
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
GMAT 2: 720 Q39 V49
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2015, 11:50
ben021589 wrote:
119maple wrote:
Has anyone received any info on admissions interviews while at Tuck Diversity weekend?



I heard this morning and went ahead and scheduled for this coming Friday.


I haven't heard anything. So if you're attending Divco and don't receive an interview then why even attend? One would have to make two trips to Hanover or hope that they are invited to interview.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 May 2012
Posts: 8
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 12:19
Did anyone get an "application received" notification from UCLA?

I haven't received any notifications beyond the original Consortium app disbursement email.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 13
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 18:10
SilverBull wrote:
Anyone notice that once the schools upload the Consortium application into their systems it still asks for transcripts and a fee payment. What's that about? Is this right (specifically the application fee payment)?


That happened with UT Austin, but they said that the status should update soon once they go through everything. So no additional fee.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2015
Posts: 9
Location: United States
GPA: 3.54
WE: Other (Education)
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 09:43
Have any R1 Consortium applicants heard from Darden yet??
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Nov 2014
Posts: 28
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 09:54
ben021589 wrote:
Have any R1 Consortium applicants heard from Darden yet??

No invite yet, but I got an acknowledgement e-mail on Friday. If an interview is coming my way, I think it would be here within two weeks. Hopefully I get it this week, so I can snag a good flight deal!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2015
Posts: 9
Location: United States
GPA: 3.54
WE: Other (Education)
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 09:56
npash15 wrote:
ben021589 wrote:
Have any R1 Consortium applicants heard from Darden yet??

No invite yet, but I got an acknowledgement e-mail on Friday. If an interview is coming my way, I think it would be here within two weeks. Hopefully I get it this week, so I can snag a good flight deal!



Thanks! I haven't heard about them receiving my app yet. I heard from Tuck and UT though. I hope I hear soon!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2014
Posts: 201
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 13:50
I've heard from Tuck, Emory, and UT Austin.

Nothing yet from Darden, UNC, or Cornell.
_________________
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his GMAT level?!" -Nappa
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2015
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.79
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 07:38
I've heard from Haas, Tuck, and Ross. Nothing yet from Yale SOM, Stern, or Darden.

I think Ross is the only one out of those that has already released interview notifications.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 227
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 08:40
Just got the application received email from Darden.

Nothing from Yale or NYU so far.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2015
Posts: 9
Location: United States
GPA: 3.54
WE: Other (Education)
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 08:49
AnthonyMason wrote:
Just got the application received email from Darden.

Nothing from Yale or NYU so far.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Same!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 13
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 14:23
Update:
Yale: interview invite
UT Austin: interview invite
Darden: acknowledgement of application
Emory: nothing
UNC: nothing
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 227
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 14:57
prayerandfaith wrote:
Update:
Yale: interview invite
UT Austin: interview invite
Darden: acknowledgement of application
Emory: nothing
UNC: nothing


Congrats on the invites! Did you receive any communication from Yale prior to your interview invite and is your interview on campus?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jun 2012
Posts: 132
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 19:07
npash15 wrote:
Hi everyone. How are you handling the redundancy in all of the essays? Are you just answering the goals essays for the individual schools as if you didn't just tell them in the Consortium goals essay?

Thanks.


Any R1 applicants have any advice for a R2 applicant regarding this? Lots of overlap between the core essay and the school specific essay. I'm a bit puzzled on how to approach two goal essays.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 227
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 19:18
HImba88 wrote:
npash15 wrote:
Hi everyone. How are you handling the redundancy in all of the essays? Are you just answering the goals essays for the individual schools as if you didn't just tell them in the Consortium goals essay?

Thanks.


Any R1 applicants have any advice for a R2 applicant regarding this? Lots of overlap between the core essay and the school specific essay. I'm a bit puzzled on how to approach two goal essays.


Which essays are you specifically referencing? I'm trying to recall but don't remember anything being overly repetitive.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jun 2012
Posts: 132
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 19:44
AnthonyMason wrote:
HImba88 wrote:
npash15 wrote:
Hi everyone. How are you handling the redundancy in all of the essays? Are you just answering the goals essays for the individual schools as if you didn't just tell them in the Consortium goals essay?

Thanks.


Any R1 applicants have any advice for a R2 applicant regarding this? Lots of overlap between the core essay and the school specific essay. I'm a bit puzzled on how to approach two goal essays.


Which essays are you specifically referencing? I'm trying to recall but don't remember anything being overly repetitive.


Consortium core essay is describe your short term and long term goals. Then for Tuck's school specific essay it's "what are your short term and long term goals, why need mba, why tuck", one of Ross's school specific essay is "what's your desired career path and why", etc.

Perhaps the core essay can outline the goals and the school specific essays can delve into the school's unique resources to achieve the goal?

Thanks in advance
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2014
Posts: 201
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 07:27
Has anyone received interview invites from Darden or Cornell?
_________________
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his GMAT level?!" -Nappa
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 08:12
So far I have heard back from Georgetown (invited to interview) and Goizueta (application complete and ready for review). I am still waiting to hear back from Stern. Has anyone heard from them?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 227
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 09:09
No interview invite from Darden. No communication of any sort from NYU.

Regarding the duplicative essay issue, if my memory serves, the schools don't see your Consortium essays and Consortium doesn't see your school specific essays. Therefore, overlap shouldn't be much of a concern. I'm pretty sure that's what was communicated at the MAPS session that I attended.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 04 Nov 2015, 09:09

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

  post reply Update application status  

Moderators: energy2pe, erlandgas






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne