GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Apr 2019, 07:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Has diversity lost its meaning? The Nov. 6, 2015, reading list  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2015, 11:00
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: Has diversity lost its meaning? The Nov. 6, 2015, reading list
Top stories we saw in the past week: How various employers define “diversity”; tips for surviving in a top-tier MBA program; common mistakes by career-switchers; how millennials will change management; Maya Angelou’s birthplace.

[View the story “Has diversity lost its meaning? The Nov. 6, 2015, reading list” on Storify]

The post Has diversity lost its meaning? The Nov. 6, 2015, reading list appeared first on The Consortium.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2015, 11:43
CircusNerd wrote:
sebasvu1 wrote:
Just got this from UCLA:

"Thank you for applying to UCLA Anderson through The Consortium. We are currently evaluating your application, and will contact you if we need any additional information.

We will begin to send out interview invitations for Round 1 Consortium interviews in early December, and the interviews will take place in early January. Admission decisions, as well as fellowship and membership decisions for all Consortium applicants, will be released in March.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks again for your interest in UCLA Anderson!

Warm regards,

Vickie Euyoque
MBA Admissions and Financial Aid"

Same on this end. Good luck!

Same here. Notice from Anderson and USC.

Timelines
UCLA
- Interview Invites: Dec
- Interviews: Jan
- Decisions: March

USC
- Interview Invites: Shortly (Not sure what this means)
- Interviews: Timing not confirmed
- Decisions: 12/15/15

Any guesses as to when USC invites would go out?
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2015, 13:05
Just got the application received email from NYU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2015, 07:45
Anyone think it's weird that we haven't heard from Cornell at all yet?
Logo and location: 2 Orientation Program updates  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2015, 08:00
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: Logo and location: 2 Orientation Program updates
Did you know it takes 1,071 days to plan The Consortium’s annual Orientation Program & Career Forum? That means while we’re working on one OP, we’re already well into planning the next one. Why do we mention it? Keep reading.

Our 2016 OP is, of course, a big one: It’s our 50th, and we’re working on big plans to commemorate the Golden Anniversary of our organization.

Today, we’re debuting our logo for the 50th OP (see above), featuring our theme for the conference, “Building on the Best.” The theme speaks to our drive to help our top-notch students create their own opportunities at our top-tier member schools, alongside our corporate partners.

It also speaks to our ambition as an organization to continuously improve. We hoped to capture some of that, along with our excitement at this milestone, with the 50th anniversary logo.

Now, remember when we were talking about that 1,071-day planning cycle? We also thought you might like to know this: We’ve nailed down the site for the 2017 Orientation Program, too: Drumroll, please: It’s Atlanta, where we’ll gather at the Westin Peachtree Plaza!

Here’s a promotional video from the Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau to give you a glimpse at where we’re headed.

The post Logo and location: 2 Orientation Program updates appeared first on The Consortium.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2015, 13:00
Haas invite!
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 08:03
CircusNerd wrote:
Haas invite!

Congrats!

I didn't apply to Haas, but for future Consortium applicants it might be helpful to post when you submitted, when the school notified you, and when you were invited so people have an understanding of what to expect.

I recently spoke to someone working in admissions at one of these schools that mentioned they feel the Consortium timeline slows them down. I wonder if there will be any changes in the future.

Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 08:53
SilverBull wrote:
Anyone think it's weird that we haven't heard from Cornell at all yet?

Anyone hear from or speak to Cornell? Anyone, anyone, anyone? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller...

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 09:12
To help everyone out, my info in order of my Consortium ranking:

Applied to Consortium 10/13, apps sent out 10/23

Yale: no contact
Michigan: app received 11/2, interview invite 10/26, interviewed 11/6
Virginia: app received 11/3, interview invite 11/5, interview scheduled for 11/30
Cornell: no contact
NYU: app received 11/6
UNC: app received 11/4
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 09:37
AnthonyMason wrote:
CircusNerd wrote:
Haas invite!

Congrats!

I didn't apply to Haas, but for future Consortium applicants it might be helpful to post when you submitted, when the school notified you, and when you were invited so people have an understanding of what to expect.

I recently spoke to someone working in admissions at one of these schools that mentioned they feel the Consortium timeline slows them down. I wonder if there will be any changes in the future.

I guess I shouldn't assume everyone will go back and read my old posts:
    -Submitted: 10/15
    -Forwarded: 10/21
    -Haas Notification and Log In: 10/29
    -Interview Invite: 11/9

Stay positive, folks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 12:22
Congrats to everyone so far. We're almost done R1ers. Hang in there!

Recent update:
Yale: interview invite
UT Austin: interview invite
Darden: interview invite
Emory: acknowledgement of app
UNC: acknowledgement of app
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 13:05
FYI for those interested in Cornell: I have found out that your application will be considered as part of their R1 process, you will received an interview, waitlist, or deny by 12/15 and admissions are conducted on a rolling basis from then on.
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 13:18
Just got the Darden invite!
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2015, 08:57
Just got the Yale acknowledgement. Application was sent 10/23

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2015, 11:35
Has anyone received an interview invite from Marshall?
Manager
Manager
Scott Lan: A sucker for pain and torture  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 08:01
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: Scott Lan: A sucker for pain and torture
Since earning his MBA from the University of Southern California in 2014, Scott Lan has taken a beating.

And he keeps asking for it. Lan is in his second year as a resident business strategy director for Alliance College-Ready Public Schools. But when he’s not at his day job, Lan has participated in two world-class obstacle course races in October and he’s gearing up for a third in December.

The BattleFrog Championship is an obstacle course series operated by former U.S. Navy SEALs and the competition is set for Dec. 12.

“I’m a sucker for pain and torture. I love to test and push my body beyond its limits, both physically and mentally,” Lan said in an email. “It gives me a goal to accomplish—always trying to get faster, stronger—and is a great way to get out of the office and get back to what humans were meant to do: move, explore, and be one with nature and the elements.”

His older sister introduced him to obstacle course races in 2011. Since then, he’s competed in more than 25 such races. The last, in October, was the Spartan Race World Championships (with a time of 5:57:36) and the OCR World Championships.

When he’s not pushing his body through physical obstacles, he’s working on theoretical obstacles in other areas of his life. He’s a Broad resident, a leadership program that places business professionals “into high-level managerial positions in school districts, charter management organizations and federal/state departments of education.”

As a Broad resident, he works with Alliance College-Ready Public Schools leading a large-scale operational change initiative that will affect all 27 schools and 11,000 middle and high school students that are part of Alliance, a nonprofit charter school organization in Los Angeles.

He’s founded the Los Angeles chapter of Young Education Professionals, which is planning its launch event for January 2016. He was appointed board co-chair of the Teach For America LA Collective (TFA’s alumni of color network); and beginning April 2016, he will serve on the Teach For America Collective National Advisory Board.

Pictured above: Scott Lan “getting pummeled at the finish line at a Spartan Race,” as he describes it. “It’s just one of the obstacles to get through. They hit you with pugil sticks (like American Gladiator).”

The post Scott Lan: A sucker for pain and torture appeared first on The Consortium.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 09:51
I was recently looking on the Consortium website and saw that there were a number of non minorities receiving the fellowships. At the end of the day, I thought the purpose of the fellowship was to increase actual minorities in the business school ranks. I understand that there may be non minorities working towards that goal but the fellowship should be just for minorities. As a black women it does seem like a slap in the face that non minorities are taking fellowships away from actual minorities.
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 09:53
The Consortium waiting process is painful. I'm going crazy.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 09:56
AnthonyMason wrote:
The Consortium waiting process is painful. I'm going crazy.

Same here. Especially when some schools are pushing out their timelines. Hang in there!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
GMAT 2: 720 Q39 V49
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 10:04
ben021589 wrote:
119maple wrote:
Greetings All,

Longtime browser here.....I didn't see much of Tuck being mentioned but is anyone going to the Diversity Weekend at Tuck next weekend? It seems to be a really well organized weekend and I'm really excited to be going.

I will be there and am really excited about it! Any idea how many participants attend?

So did we meet each other there or what? lol
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 12 Nov 2015, 10:04

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap