GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Apr 2019, 19:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 14:07
Everyone,,, Now that the application period is over I wanted to kindly ask you all to update your status on the profile. That way we can have the most accurate data!

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 15:30
Chase18 wrote:
nicholasbentham wrote:
Does anyone have any insight into replacing a submitted file or resume?

After the submission, it may be better to wait until the schools you have applied to have given receipt of your application. You can then contact the individual schools and let them know that you have an updated resume or file to replace what they received. I did this for one of my transcripts and there was no issue.

Thanks Chase18. I called the Consortium office. They recommended sending an updated resume to them. I sent it to them so I hope it goes through to the schools.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
GMAT 2: 720 Q39 V49
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 15:34
What a relief to finally have submitted my app. Good luck to all!
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2016, 12:11
In for

Johnson
Keenan-Flagler
Kelley
Goizueta

Good luck to you all!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.48
WE: Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2016, 14:12
Can anyone explain the process once you have submitted the application through the Consortium? Do we get emails from the member schools saying they got our application? Is there any notification at all that you're being reviewed or do you not hear anything until you either get interviewed or dinged?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2016, 14:32
jbmonu wrote:
Can anyone explain the process once you have submitted the application through the Consortium? Do we get emails from the member schools saying they got our application? Is there any notification at all that you're being reviewed or do you not hear anything until you either get interviewed or dinged?

After you send your application, you should expect an email saying that your application was submitted. After some time you should get an email saying that it's been forwarded, at that point each school will take it from there in terms of contacting you or not.

I have heard of people that have heard from specific schools before the consortium sent the email saying they forwarded, so it can be a messy process.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.48
WE: Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2016, 14:50
nachobioteck wrote:
jbmonu wrote:

After you send your application, you should expect an email saying that your application was submitted. After some time you should get an email saying that it's been forwarded, at that point each school will take it from there in terms of contacting you or not.

I have heard of people that have heard from specific schools before the consortium sent the email saying they forwarded, so it can be a messy process.

Got it haha will be sure to check my spam just in case as well - thanks!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2016, 15:31
Just FYI for Yale SOM applicants - I already received the email from Yale confirming that they received my application and with instructions to register on the application system. I was expecting that it would take longer for my application to go through to them. Just letting everyone know so they start to keep an eye out! I did not receive anything from the Consortium saying that my information was sent to the schools...
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2016, 19:15
Got my Yale registration email and separate email for video interview!
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2016, 20:07
Izzy767 wrote:
Just FYI for Yale SOM applicants - I already received the email from Yale confirming that they received my application and with instructions to register on the application system. I was expecting that it would take longer for my application to go through to them. Just letting everyone know so they start to keep an eye out! I did not receive anything from the Consortium saying that my information was sent to the schools...

I was told that the reason this happens with Yale is because once you submit to Consortium the schools get your name/contact info even though they don't get your actual application until whenever it is Consortium notifies you it's been submitted.
Manager
Manager
#CGSM50! We’re celebrating our Golden Anniversary year  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2016, 07:00
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: #CGSM50! We’re celebrating our Golden Anniversary year
In the early months of 1966, preparations were underway for a conference on the campus of Washington University in St. Louis. There, on Aug. 8, 47 men and women from academia, corporate America, the public sector and one charitable foundation gathered to consider two simple questions:

Would it be feasible and worthwhile to form a consortium of top-tier management schools dedicated to driving greater racial diversity among MBA students? And would that drive greater diversity in corporate management positions?

The answer was a resounding yes. Following the August 1966 Feasibility Conference, WashU professor Sterling Schoen ran full speed ahead to begin recruiting the first class of Consortium students.

Now, throughout 2016, we’ll be celebrating our Golden Anniversary. This is the year of the 50th annual Orientation Program & Career Forum. This is the year we celebrate the more than 8,000 alumni, the scores of corporate partners and the 18 member schools who have contributed to our mission.

We’ll be active on the Consortium blog and our social media accounts throughout the year. We’ll hashtag our Golden Anniversary posts with #CGSM50, and we’ll ask you to do the same. Plus, watch out for special programming at the 50th OP in St. Louis June 3-8. But until then, here’s what we have in store for you online during the year:

Monday Blog Special: Watch for special posts each week on the Consortium’s blog. We’ll highlight something about CGSM history; Consortium people who made a difference, or who were particularly influential; or excerpts from a special book project we have underway.

Cool Biz Facts: Tuesdays, we do the same with one of our corporate partners.

You’re 50, too! On Wednesdays, we highlight another institution, agency, tradition or event celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2016. You might be surprised how many we found.

Throwback Thursday: It’s an oldie, but a goodie. So we’ll join in the Thursday fun with throwbacks to Consortium history.

Cool School Facts: Fridays, we highlight one of our member schools and share an interesting tidbit about the school, the management program or its faculty.

As you run across old photos of yourself, or have stories to tell, or even a video to share, please remember to use the hashtag #CGSM50 to share it with us.

The post #CGSM50! We’re celebrating our Golden Anniversary year appeared first on The Consortium.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2016, 08:06
I got an email yesterday from Consortium that my application has been released to the schools. I also got an email from Georgetown this morning that they have received my application and that an account has been created for me on their portal.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2016, 09:17
demmy25 wrote:
I got an email yesterday from Consortium that my application has been released to the schools. I also got an email from Georgetown this morning that they have received my application and that an account has been created for me on their portal.

when did you submit?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2016, 10:19
nachobioteck wrote:
demmy25 wrote:

when did you submit?

I submitted on 1/4/16
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Business Development (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2016, 12:13
Submitted my app on 1/3/2016 and got the confirmation email that my files have been released to the schools this morning.

Good luck, everyone
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2016, 14:56
I am yet to receive the email stating that my aps were sent. :(
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Business Development (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2016, 15:47
gmatdreamer12 wrote:

I wouldn't be worried yet. I've heard that 70% of Consortium applicants applied in round 2.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2016, 16:18
gmatdreamer12 wrote:

You aren't alone, mine haven't been sent yet. They can take a while, so lets not stress out yet! :)
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2016, 20:54
nachobioteck wrote:
gmatdreamer12 wrote:

You aren't alone, mine haven't been sent yet. They can take a while, so lets not stress out yet! :)

I think mine took like 2 extra weeks in R1. Seriously, don't worry about it. Consortium is a great tool for saving money and streamlining the process...but things can get wonky as far as timing and that's just an annoyance you will have to deal with.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 05:26
Hmmm... So I haven't received the email that confirms that my applications were sent, but got an invitation to do an interview. I am officially pumped now.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2016, 05:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap