GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Apr 2019, 21:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2016, 09:59
demmy25 wrote:
gmatdreamer12 wrote:
demmy25 wrote:
Just got UNC interview invite

Did you receive an email from UNC beforehand saying that they had received your ap? I got an email yesterday but no invite :(

Yes I got an email a day before, acknowledging the receipt of my application. I would be worried about it. They will probably send your invite on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks, that actually makes me feel a little better. Congrats on your interview btw! I have them #2 on my list.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 11:00
Has anyone received anything from Darden?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 12:17
yavnava wrote:

I haven't and was wondering the same.

I haven't heard from Tepper or Emory neither.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE: Business Development (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 12:27
nachobioteck wrote:
Chase18 wrote:
nachobioteck wrote:
I just received the email saying that my application has been forwarded,,, Now I hope I hear from the schools... I already interviewed with Tuck and Kelley before submitting my application and I am kind of regretting it because now I have two months to wait without knowing if they are even looking at my application :S...

Woo-hoo! :clap: I did the same and interviewed at Tuck, Goizueta and Kenan-Flagler during their open interview process - I personally think it is an awesome idea to interview wherever you can if they offer open interviews. Maybe your personality shines brighter than your application! Either way, good luck moving forward!

Chase18... So you essentially interviewed and then just waited for an admissions decision? It just seems to me that 2.5 months without any contact can drive me nuts!

Yep! It can definitely be nerve-wracking, but you eventually forget about it until the week the decisions are released. :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Business Development (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 12:29
demmy25 wrote:
Chase18 wrote:
mbahopeful89 wrote:
Just checked my email. I got an interview invite from Georgetown as well!

Congrats mbahopeful89 and demmy25! Good luck to you both!

Thanks Chase! Have you decided on a school yet?

I have not decided quite yet. I will be waiting until the Consortium draft to hopefully have the best chance at receiving a Fellowship :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 14:08
demmy25 wrote:
yavnava wrote:

I haven't received anything from Tepper either, but I emailed them and said that they are in the process of reviewing that they have everything they need and we should get a confirmation once that process is finished.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 15:01
demmy25 wrote:
yavnava wrote:

I haven't heard anything from Darden or Tuck. I have received confirmation of application receipt from the other 4 schools I applied to.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 11:51
The wait is pretty nerve racking, but I think what is the worst is that no one knows what to expect. It would be nice if when we get in (hopefully we all do), we work with the admissions department of our respective universities to put some sort of school specific document stating what to expect from the schools themselves after we hit submit (e.g. confirmations emails, interview invites, etc.)

BTW still haven't heard anything from Tuck or Tepper.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 11:55
nachobioteck wrote:
The wait is pretty nerve racking, but I think what is the worst is that no one knows what to expect. It would be nice if when we get in (hopefully we all do), we work with the admissions department of our respective universities to put some sort of school specific document stating what to expect from the schools themselves after we hit submit (e.g. confirmations emails, interview invites, etc.)

Agreed, that would be helpful!

I also haven't heard anything from Stern.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Business Development (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 12:13
FYI, I haven't heard anything from UCLA, Haas, Darden, or Emory. At this point, there isn't much we can do, so let's just go with the flow.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 13:55
I've received confirmation emails from Johnson, Goizueta, UNC and Kelley. But my mind is going wild because I think that they've had plenty of time to analyze my application and the only reason I am yet to receive interview invites is because I got dinged without interview.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 13:56
gmatdreamer12 wrote:
I've received confirmation emails from Johnson, Goizueta, UNC and Kelley. But my mind is going wild because I think that they've had plenty of time to analyze my application and the only reason I am yet to receive interview invites is because I got dinged without interview.

Lol, my mind works the exact same way.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 14:13
Just got an interview invite from UNC!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
GMAT 2: 720 Q39 V49
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 14:16
gmatdreamer12 wrote:

I've said it before and will say it again, at this point you do not have control over any aspect of the application/admissions process. Not being flippant but you truly don't. Who knows why you haven't received an interview invite. Maybe you have been dinged. Maybe you haven't. Maybe the person that is supposed to read your application is out. The point is that we don't know the intricacies of any admissions office and how they go about doing things. Furthermore, each school has on their respective websites the dates of admissions notifications so if that date has not passed then I would not worry about being dinged already. Read a book, run some laps or shoot.....just enjoy life:)

Source: Class of '18 applicant
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 14:25
mbahopeful89 wrote:

Congrats! When did UNC notify you that they had your application?
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 14:30
gmatdreamer12 wrote:
mbahopeful89 wrote:

Congrats! When did UNC notified you that they had your application?

I got a confirmation email on Friday. I got another system generated email from them (UNC) today saying thanks for applying via The Consortium. That was around noon. Got interview invite 20 min ago.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2016, 20:11
nachobioteck wrote:

Because of this, I decided to email the adcom at the schools directly after receiving the email from The Consortium stating my app had been released. Just a basic introduction style email, with a line thanking them for considering me and asking them to let me know if they come across any issues w/ the consortium system. This was also partially because the consortium system seems so outdated and screwy to me I am totally expecting bits and pieces to get lost. Anyways, I received a response from 4 schools saying they did receive my application, and to look for automated emails regarding how to proceed in the process. Tuck responded to that email, saying they hadn't received the app yet. Specifically, the email stated, "it takes some time, and we will let you know when we receive it." Still haven't heard anything from them since, so I have no idea if they ever did receive it. Darden never responded to my email at all, so I am really in the dark with them. I did receive another interview invite for McCombs today though, so I have been invited to two Consortium schools. At this point I'm just glad I have heard back from a few schools!
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 12:47
Just got Yale invitation to interview!
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 12:55
HImba88 wrote:
Just got Yale invitation to interview!

Congrats!
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.82

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 14:13
gbout3 wrote:
nachobioteck wrote:

Because of this, I decided to email the adcom at the schools directly after receiving the email from The Consortium stating my app had been released. Just a basic introduction style email, with a line thanking them for considering me and asking them to let me know if they come across any issues w/ the consortium system. This was also partially because the consortium system seems so outdated and screwy to me I am totally expecting bits and pieces to get lost. Anyways, I received a response from 4 schools saying they did receive my application, and to look for automated emails regarding how to proceed in the process. Tuck responded to that email, saying they hadn't received the app yet. Specifically, the email stated, "it takes some time, and we will let you know when we receive it." Still haven't heard anything from them since, so I have no idea if they ever did receive it. Darden never responded to my email at all, so I am really in the dark with them. I did receive another interview invite for McCombs today though, so I have been invited to two Consortium schools. At this point I'm just glad I have heard back from a few schools!

Darden takes the longest out of all schools IMO so don't sweat it.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 20 Jan 2016, 14:13

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap