GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Apr 2019, 23:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 16:13
gmatdreamer12 wrote:
demmy25 wrote:
Has everyone that applied to Goizueta received an interview invite from them?

... There were still some interview sluts available so don't lose hope yet.

LOL I needed this
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 20:15
DoorDelano wrote:
gmatdreamer12 wrote:
demmy25 wrote:

... There were still some interview sluts available so don't lose hope yet.

LOL I needed this

Haha... Well that was embarrassing
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 05 Feb 2016, 12:29
Admitted into Madison!! :D:D:D With full scholarship and stipend :)...

Originally posted by nachobioteck on 05 Feb 2016, 12:27.
Last edited by nachobioteck on 05 Feb 2016, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 12:28
Congratulations nachobioteck! Great news!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 12:39
nachobioteck wrote:

Congratulations! It's great that they were able to let you know a decision on a Friday. You'll have a great weekend.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
GMAT 2: 720 Q39 V49
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 12:48
Just curious how people are preparing for their interview? Sandy Kreisberg seems to know a lot about Harvard but I just can't see myself paying someone all that money where the value proposition is questionable....lol
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 12:48
nachobioteck wrote:

Great work.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 13:28
Called Haas - they mentioned that they're still inputting Consortium applications into their system and to expect it to be done early next week.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 13:48
1) Does anyone know why some of us received a portal log-in and some didn't? For example, I have access to 3 portals, but never received word (or confirmation) from other schools that seem to have one also (from what others in the forum say).

2) If we don't receive an interview invite, will we get notice of that or a rejection email? Or does the process just stay silent from submission to decision notification in March?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 13:51
PushingFwd1 wrote:
1) Does anyone know why some of us received a portal log-in and some didn't? For example, I have access to 3 portals, but never received word (or confirmation) from other schools that seem to have one also (from what others in the forum say).

2) If we don't receive an interview invite, will we get notice of that or a rejection email? Or does the process just stay silent from submission to decision notification in March?

Some schools are still sending confirmations. I received confirmations from all the schools but Dartmouth. Indiana specifically gave me a confirmation but they don't give access to any portals.

I would follow-up with each individual school regarding their process. What schools did you apply to?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 13:56
119maple wrote:
Just curious how people are preparing for their interview? Sandy Kreisberg seems to know a lot about Harvard but I just can't see myself paying someone all that money where the value proposition is questionable....lol

I personally don't think is necessary to use a consultant or coach. For the interviews I have basically prepared trying to know exactly what I would like to do specifically at each school, are there any tracks that or a focus that I like, where have their alumni gone, what teaching profile they have. For example, Tuck very community oriented and fit is a big thing. Tepper very quant heavy, etc. Then how would you contribute and what do you expect to get. I practiced in front of a mirror, with typical behavioral questions so that I knew what to answer yet not seem super rehearsed. So far I interviewed with three schools and pretty much all asked the same things.

The most valuable thing, talk to people students and alumni. They will tell you what they like, and most importantly what they didn't (Ask them!) that way you know where you can contribute!
Intern
Intern
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 14:01
nachobioteck wrote:
PushingFwd1 wrote:

Some schools are still sending confirmations. I received confirmations from all the schools but Dartmouth. Indiana specifically gave me a confirmation but they don't give access to any portals.

I would follow-up with each individual school regarding their process. What schools did you apply to?

Thanks. I applied to Haas, Yale, Darden, Tuck, Stern and Ross. Confirmation from Ross. Portal access to Haas, Darden, and Stern. No invites (yet?!)

Any idea what happens if you're not invited to interview. Is there any notice of anything or could the process potentially just go silent from Jan submission to March ding?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 14:04
PushingFwd1 wrote:
nachobioteck wrote:
PushingFwd1 wrote:

Thanks. I applied to Haas, Yale, Darden, Tuck, Stern and Ross. Confirmation from Ross. Portal access to Haas, Darden, and Stern. No invites (yet?!)

Any idea what happens if you're not invited to interview. Is there any notice of anything or could the process potentially just go silent from Jan submission to March ding?

Hello....you need to go to each schools' website and find what their timelines are. Furthermore, the Consortium website has timeline information as well.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 14:07
nachobioteck wrote:
119maple wrote:

I personally don't think is necessary to use a consultant or coach. For the interviews I have basically prepared trying to know exactly what I would like to do specifically at each school, are there any tracks that or a focus that I like, where have their alumni gone, what teaching profile they have. For example, Tuck very community oriented and fit is a big thing. Tepper very quant heavy, etc. Then how would you contribute and what do you expect to get. I practiced in front of a mirror, with typical behavioral questions so that I knew what to answer yet not seem super rehearsed. So far I interviewed with three schools and pretty much all asked the same things.

The most valuable thing, talk to people students and alumni. They will tell you what they like, and most importantly what they didn't (Ask them!) that way you know where you can contribute!

I just realized I posted in the wrong thread. Yes, I am generally anti admissions consultants but since I was granted an interview to Harvard with my below average stats, I figured I would explore the possibility of using a consultant to help with my interview. Interviews are extremely important at Harvard. Apparently, they are used to screen people out.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 14:18
119maple wrote:
PushingFwd1 wrote:
PushingFwd1 wrote:

2) If we don't receive an interview invite, will we get notice of that or a rejection email? Or tdoes the process just stay silent from submission to decision notification in March?

Hello....you need to go to each schools' website and find what their timelines are. Furthermore, the Consortium website has timeline information as well.

Did that a while ago. Basically, they all say mid-notification. After speaking with the schools directly, it seems most are still processing Consortium (even if regular invites have been sent). What's unclear is what happens if you don't get an interview. Silence till March?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 15:57
nachobioteck wrote:

Congratulations!!!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE: Business Development (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 16:19
nachobioteck wrote:

Congrats Nacho!!! What an incredible offer! I remember once that first admit was in - what a relief!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 16:40
I think they are all manually inputted so emails go out randomly. I got two email from Tuck recently - one an auto confirmation and another from somebody in the admissions office personally telling me that it is now under review and if I had any questions :D

So far I got confirmation from all my consortium schools and the interview invite from Darden.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 19:36
gmatdreamer12 wrote:
demmy25 wrote:

I got invited to Goizueta on Monday. There were still some interview slots available so don't lose hope yet.

I never received anything from UNC or Johnson, feels horrible to be ignored after so much hard work.

Don't give up! From experience, KF's communications can be quite delayed...even after you're admitted Haha
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE: Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2016, 06:24
Received an Olin interview yesterday!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 06 Feb 2016, 06:24

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap