GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 07 Dec 2019, 04:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 08:39
nachobioteck wrote:
Did anyone applied to the Diversity Weekend at Tuck?
Have you had an answer about whether you were accepted or not?

I did and I got my acceptance on Friday. May still be sending out invites. Don't know. Going to be from Nov 5-8
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 08:44
SilverBull wrote:
nachobioteck wrote:

I did and I got my acceptance on Friday. May still be sending out invites. Don't know. Going to be from Nov 5-8

Lucky you! I submitted my application early after the application went live and haven't heard back. Since they said they were on a rolling basis I figured I would hear soon, but didn't...
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 08:52
nachobioteck wrote:
SilverBull wrote:
nachobioteck wrote:

Lucky you! I submitted my application early after the application went live and haven't heard back. Since they said they were on a rolling basis I figured I would hear soon, but didn't...

Hang in there man!
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 15:30
SilverBull wrote:

Hang in there man!

Well I got waitlisted :(

I will wait until the end of the week to see if I get accepted. I have an interview scheduled for a couple of days before... Maybe you could post how your experience is? I bet it would be useful for a lot of people in the forum... :)
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 08:09
nachobioteck wrote:
SilverBull wrote:

Hang in there man!

Well I got waitlisted :(

I will wait until the end of the week to see if I get accepted. I have an interview scheduled for a couple of days before... Maybe you could post how your experience is? I bet it would be useful for a lot of people in the forum... :)

Will do good sir!
B
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 17:45
So... Is anyone else confused by this message in the UCLA supplemental essay section? How do you separate paragraphs within your essay if you're not using return/enter?

"Note: When writing your essay response, please provide the text without hard returns/enters, as it decreases the text box space."
Manager
Manager
GSK, Consortium alumni initiative yields impressive recruiting results  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 07:01
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: GSK, Consortium alumni initiative yields impressive recruiting results
We often hear about the tight bond our corporate partners and member schools have with The Consortium as they recruit students into their internships and MBA programs. Indeed, recruiting new, diverse talent into the corporate marketplace is fundamental to our mission.

We hear less about the ongoing relationships we maintain with our alumni and how we can leverage those relationships — with our corporate partners — to raise the talent acquisition experience to an entirely different level.

This case study outlines an initiative between GlaxoSmithKline and The Consortium to identify interested, experienced management talent for the health care company. Insight on this initiative comes from several members of GSK’s team, including Lynn Harris, director of inclusion & diversity initiatives for GlaxoSmithKline, and The Consortium’s D-Lori Newsome-Pitts, director of individual giving, student and alumni relations.

GSK’s booth at the National Black MBA Association convention in Orlando in mid-September. (Photo by D-Lori Newsome-Pitts)

The Players
In its third year as a patron-level corporate partner with The Consortium, GSK is a global health care company focused on developing medicines, vaccines and consumer health care products to help people to do more, feel better and live longer. The company employs a number of Consortium alumni, who, it says, “reflect with pride on their experience with The Consortium. That respect and appreciation for the organization made it a clear choice for GSK’s partnership.”

The Challenge
GSK sought to enhance its relationship with Consortium alumni and develop relationships with great talent. As the company became more aware of its relationship with The Consortium and its existing Consortium alumni talent, GSK team members sought to leverage the relationship to seek potential candidates across its various businesses, including pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer health care.

The Strategy
The partners discussed the end game for the initiative, which was identifying potential candidates with experience. They identified tools such as targeted email blasts and social media to reach alumni, but settled quickly on first creating two focus groups, both comprised of Consortium alumni — one internal to GSK employees, the other external. The external focus group allowed the partners to learn what alumni would want to hear from Consortium corporate partners. “This step was critical for our success,” noted Kimberlee Spores, GSK talent acquisition lead. “The insights from this group helped steer our approach. We feel certain our campaign would not have been as successful without the help of this group.”

Specific Tactics
GSK created a landing page in the recruiting section of its website designed specifically for Consortium alumni, based on feedback from the focus group. The Consortium sent an email blast to alumni on July 12, 2015, with information from GSK, inviting recipients to click for more information. The landing page provided visitors with pictures of alumni who worked at GSK and allowed visitors to create a profile in GSK’s employment system. GSK relied on its research to target a specific delivery time — Sundays at 6 p.m. Eastern time — for the email blasts.

The Consortium and GSK originally planned follow-up email blasts on July 19 and 26, 2015. When the initial results of the first blast were extremely positive, the partners agreed to scale back the communications. The Consortium shared analytics about the email blasts (how many sent, open rates, click-through rates, etc.) and GSK shared information about how many individuals had registering in its employment portal.

The email follow-up that had been scheduled for July 19 was pushed to Aug. 23. GSK officials concerned with delivering “client care” wanted to make sure they could effectively reach out and make contact with registered individuals without creating a bottleneck. The nature of the second email changed from what was originally planned as well, becoming a “thank-you message to Consortium alumni for their response,” including a snapshot of the previous email, while letting alumni know there were still opportunities to connect.

Expectations and Results
Newsome-Pitts said “expectation from all of us were not high because we hadn’t done this before. We thought we’d planned it well.”

Almost immediately, however, GSK received extremely positive results: “We were overwhelmed by the volume of alumni interested in connecting with GSK.” Company representatives have spoken to more than 50 Consortium alumni about their background, experiences and career aspirations. Prospects have backgrounds in marketing, sales, information technology, finance, law and operations. Said one GSK representative: “We’re so impressed with their experiences, capabilities and skill sets.”

GSK hosted events at the National Black MBA Association and participated in the National Society of Hispanic MBAs conferences this fall and expanded the number of Consortium alumni interested in working at GSK. The company plans to retain the internal focus group to help guide ongoing recruitment efforts.

Insights
Kimberlee Spores said one overriding message is that “there is more to The Consortium partnership than the internship program. The organization offers a significant talent base of smart, driven, capable and agile workers who can succeed at GSK.”

GSK is still evaluating the results, in terms of recruiting ROI and other measures. “We can confirm one hire was made from this initiative already. We anticipate the networking from this partnership will continue. GSK has started the conversations and looks forward to continuing them with this key talent initiative.”

From The Consortium’s perspective, the initiative was a success on several levels: 1) It demonstrates our ability to work with a partner to develop an alumni engagement strategy; 2) It exceeded that partner’s expectations; 3) It exposed a partner to something different from the student candidate pool; and, 4) It reminded alumni of The Consortium’s ability to positively influence their career.

“Alumni are speaking to GSK about this organization that changed their life,” Newsome-Pitts said, “and now we’re bringing an opportunity to them again at a later stage in their career.”

The Consortium has made this opportunity available to partners before, Newsome-Pitts said. “Here’s an example of a company that did it.”

Please visit GSK’s landing page if you are a Consortium alumnus interested in connecting with GSK.

Pictured above: D-Lori Newsome-Pitts, The Consortium’s director for individual giving, student and alumni relations, and Lynn Harris, GlaxoSmithKline’s director for inclusion & diversity initiatives, at the National Black MBA Association conference in Orlando.

The post GSK, Consortium alumni initiative yields impressive recruiting results appeared first on The Consortium.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 22:12
Did anyone apply in Round 1?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 02:41
MissC wrote:

I did.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 05:32
MissC wrote:

Got my application in at 11:58pm haha

Applying to Tuck, McCombs, Johnson, Darden, Kenan-Flagler and Emory, in that order.
Concentration: International Business, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q38 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 05:55
MissC wrote:

In for round 1, Haas and Anderson.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 07:17
sebasvu1 wrote:
MissC wrote:

Same list - Also in for Rd 1

Best of luck everyone
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 08:18
lreed9002000 wrote:
sebasvu1 wrote:
MissC wrote:

Same list - Also in for Rd 1

Best of luck everyone

In for Round 1 Haas and Anderson as well. Just received confirmation today that my application was received. Hopefully it'll be passed along to the schools quickly, Anderson's already sending out interview invites :shock:

Good luck, folks!
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 10:27
CircusNerd wrote:

In for Round 1 Haas and Anderson as well. Just received confirmation today that my application was received. Hopefully it'll be passed along to the schools quickly, Anderson's already sending out interview invites :shock:

Good luck, folks!

On this, anyone know how long it takes for the Consortium to forward along the applications to the member schools? Considering round 1 decisions seem to come out around mid-December, it should be a pretty quick process due to the short window of time to read the applications and conduct interviews.

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 10:43
I submitted mine as well. In for Olin and Rochester. Anyone else?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 11:17
SilverBull wrote:
CircusNerd wrote:

Good luck, folks!

On this, anyone know how long it takes for the Consortium to forward along the applications to the member schools? Considering round 1 decisions seem to come out around mid-December, it should be a pretty quick process due to the short window of time to read the applications and conduct interviews.

So I did some digging in last year's thread and saw that apparently Anderson pushed Consortium applicants to R2. Has anyone heard anything about what they're doing this year? Haas has a page on their website dedicated to explaining the Consortium timeline, but I can't find anything similar for Anderson.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 16:00
Just an update..
Submitted my app 1st of October. Got an email today saying app got released to schools. Received an email from Yale saying video questions would be emailed soon.
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 16:27
prayerandfaith wrote:
Just an update..
Submitted my app 1st of October. Got an email today saying app got released to schools. Received an email from Yale saying video questions would be emailed soon.

Same. Kind of annoyed that they don't release your app until the deadline has passed, but whatever.

Are we supposed to dress like it's an in-person interview for the Yale video interview?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2015, 04:49
In for Round 1 as well---UNC, Emory, and UT Austin. Anyone attending Inside Goizueta or Texas Diversity Forum next month??
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 07:44
AnthonyMason wrote:
prayerandfaith wrote:
Just an update..

Same. Kind of annoyed that they don't release your app until the deadline has passed, but whatever.

Are we supposed to dress like it's an in-person interview for the Yale video interview?

Yep, I'm going to dress like at an interview.

R1 applicant-Yale, Emory, UNC, UVA, UTaustin. Any news today from schools receiving apps anyone?
GMAT Club Bot
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 19 Oct 2015, 07:44

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderators: energy2pe, erlandgas