GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Apr 2019, 21:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.86
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 13:03
It happens all the time. There are no guarantees. You can kill your interview and still get rejected or waitlisted. I think folks just need to remain humble and continue to learn about their target MBA programs.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 13:06
Nai222 wrote:
It happens all the time. There are no guarantees. You can kill your interview and still get rejected or waitlisted. I think folks just need to remain humble and continue to learn about their target MBA programs.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 13:07
USC just came out of the woodwork with an interview invite -- yay! I didn't get a PIN to their portal until 2/19.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
GMAT 2: 720 Q39 V49
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 13:25
DoorDelano

Well my bad.....I read incorrectly that you wanted to change your rankings after the fact. However, if you want to withdraw your application then that shouldn't be an issue and your number 2 school would have the first chance to offer you a fellowship since there would no longer be a choice number 1.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 13:45
Nai222 wrote:

That really drives me nuts! I've felt really good on all of my interviews and the thought of getting rejected even after a good interview has me losing sleep every night.
Manager
Manager
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 24 Feb 2016, 11:02
Nai222 wrote:

If this happens I'll devour a gallon of ice cream, party in Vegas and binge on netflix while in a bed cocoon. What's worse - going through this whole process again or going to a school you are meh about? :shock:

Originally posted by DoorDelano on 23 Feb 2016, 13:46.
Last edited by DoorDelano on 24 Feb 2016, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 13:58
DoorDelano wrote:
Nai222 wrote:

If this happens I'll devour a gallon of ice cream, party in Vegas unleashing a wave of promiscuity and binge on netflix while in a bed cocoon. What's worse - going through this whole process again or going to a school you are meh about? :shock:

I am not going through this process again... no freaking way! Done! Listo, no mas! I got accepted into one so far, may not be my first choice but put it in there because I really really really need to get out of my job like right now! If its my first choice it is... hahaha... Heck I rather go to get my MBA at Kaplan University than going through the process again :? :?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 14:05
nachobioteck wrote:
DoorDelano wrote:
Nai222 wrote:

If this happens I'll devour a gallon of ice cream, party in Vegas unleashing a wave of promiscuity and binge on netflix while in a bed cocoon. What's worse - going through this whole process again or going to a school you are meh about? :shock:

I am not going through this process again... no freaking way! Done! Listo, no mas! I got accepted into one so far, may not be my first choice but put it in there because I really really really need to get out of my job like right now! If its my first choice it is... hahaha... Heck I rather go to get my MBA at Kaplan University than going through the process again :? :?

LOL, I feel the same way man. I couldn't imagine going through this whole thing again.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 14:36
nachobioteck wrote:
DoorDelano wrote:
Nai222 wrote:

Lol, not Kaplan man!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.64
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 14:55
Got an "Urgent" email from UCLA stating that my application was on hold until I submitted required documents.

Lol - I was prepping my self for a fight - "I know my bank account will confirm that I ordered the official transcript and had it sent!"

Turns out it was a false alarm. Seems like they may have some discrepancy with their automatic email system and Consortium applications.
The system said they were missing my transcript. But when I called, they said I can disregard the email because they do have it.

Did this happen to anyone else who applied to UCLA?
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 15:39
PsiTheta wrote:
Got an "Urgent" email from UCLA stating that my application was on hold until I submitted required documents.

Lol - I was prepping my self for a fight - "I know my bank account will confirm that I ordered the official transcript and had it sent!"

Turns out it was a false alarm. Seems like they may have some discrepancy with their automatic email system and Consortium applications.
The system said they were missing my transcript. But when I called, they said I can disregard the email because they do have it.

Just went through this exact same thing... called and made sure all was well, and it wasn't an issue. Whew!
Intern
Intern
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 16:13
PsiTheta wrote:

I didn't get the email, but when I logged on to my application this morning just to check it, it said all my transcripts were missing (grad and undergrad). Decided I would call after work, but I just logged on and it has been fixed.

UCLA must be doing something with their Consortium applications this afternoon.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 17:41
I agree, I started panicking today when I read the Booth chat and folks were talking about how you can still get rejecting even after acing your interview. It has me on edge, but I guess as long as you stayed prayed up and have a plan b all should be ok. I'm not applying to school again so it is what it is this year.

Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 17:46
I hear you. My Booth interviewer told me in the reply to my thank you email that she recommended me to the program but followed that up by saying that the interview is not the only criteria the admissions committee looks at so I feel very indifferent about it.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 17:58
I received really good feedback at the end of my interview, but I didn't want to read into it too much. I will wait for the validation on D day.

Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 18:15
Nai222 wrote:
I received really good feedback at the end of my interview, but I didn't want to read into it too much. I will wait for the validation on D day.

Agreed. I'm sure a lot of applicants do well on interviews.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 19:07
PsiTheta wrote:

I received this email as well, and called Anderson and they said that they are still missing my official transcript. I called the Consortium, and they said that they have my official transcript and released it to UCLA, so it should be fine.

Did you guys pay to have an official transcript sent separately to UCLA as well? I was under the impression that we just had to send the Consortium the official transcript, and then they would pass it along to the schools we applied to. I don't want to pay to expedite another official transcript to Anderson if the Consortium already says that they did that.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.48
WE: Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 19:10
runNYC07 wrote:
PsiTheta wrote:

I received this email as well, and called Anderson and they said that they are still missing my official transcript. I called the Consortium, and they said that they have my official transcript and released it to UCLA, so it should be fine.

Did you guys pay to have an official transcript sent separately to UCLA as well? I was under the impression that we just had to send the Consortium the official transcript, and then they would pass it along to the schools we applied to. I don't want to pay to expedite another official transcript to Anderson if the Consortium already says that they did that.

I haven't done it for any other school but UCLA sent an email saying that they want the official hardcopy so yeah I paid to have the official hardcopy of the transcript sent to the school. I think it's about $25 all in - and I'm pretty sure that you have to do this for UCLA. Below is a excerpt from the email they sent me when I got my interview invite:

Official Scores and Academic Documents

To ensure the integrity of all potential MBA classmates, we require a complete package of official documents and scores prior to deciding whether to admit you. Within 30 days of this email, please submit to us:

If you were educated in the United States:
1. Official test scores, reported directly to us electronically for GMAT scores (school code 2NZ-2F-24) or GRE scores (school code 0771)

2. Official hard-copy undergraduate transcript (scanned or electronic copies are not accepted)

If you were educated outside of the United States:
1. Official test scores, reported directly to us electronically for GMAT scores (school code 2NZ-2F-24) or GRE scores (school code 0771)

2. Language test scores, for candidates not educated in an English-speaking country for your undergraduate or graduate degree.

a. TOEFL scores: send electronically to school code 4837-02

b. IELTS scores: score report sent electronically to UCLA Andrson MBA Admissions, upon your request to the testing agency

3. Original, hard-copy undergraduate academic documents, certified as official in original ink by your school (not by a notary), including:

a. Transcript in the native language of your school's country, showing coursework and grades

b. Translation of your entire transcript by your school or by a certified translator (if the country's native language is not English)

c. Degree certificate or diploma in the native language of your school's country, showing the exact degree awarded and its conferral date

d. Translation of your entire degree certificate by your school or by a certified translator (if the country's native language is not English)

e. If applicable, transcripts for any graduate work that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider, especially if seeking to boost your English fluency profile

Please send all hard-copy documents to the address below, using a delivery service that provides you with tracking information.

Official Academic Documents
UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions
110 Westwood Plaza, Gold Hall, Suite B201
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1481
(Tel: 310-825-6944)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 07:59
mbahopeful89 wrote:
I hear you. My Booth interviewer told me in the reply to my thank you email that she recommended me to the program but followed that up by saying that the interview is not the only criteria the admissions committee looks at so I feel very indifferent about it.

I think that it's definitely a good sign that your interviewer indicated this to you, but it is also a reminder that the interview isn't the final determining piece when evaluating the candidacy of applicants. People often think that if they kill the interview, they're in, but that's just not the case. If it were, the acceptance rates post-interview wouldn't be around 50%. I think we just have to look at it as one more aspect of our candidacy that is evaluated. The interviewer provides their feedback to adcom, but they still have to make a decision based on your entire application package, not just the interview.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 08:07
Yeah that kind of sucks, cause you get so much hope after getting the interview invite, and after the interview goes well...yet there is a 50% chance you get rejected. I'm from Chicago, and Booth would be the best of both world for my wife and me, but this one month wait is just driving us nuts ... i wish there were a way to fast forward :-)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2016, 08:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap