GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Apr 2019, 05:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 15:54
Sorry ya'll, here's 2015 as of 3/16/15

Haas ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun
UCLA ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun l Fellowship Calls Started Friday, 3/13/2015
Tepper ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun l Fellowship Calls Started Tuesday, 3/10/2015
Johnson ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun l Fellowship Calls Started Thursday, 3/12/2015
Tuck ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun l Fellowship Calls Started Thursday, 3/12/2015
Goizueta ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun l Fellowship Calls Started Wednesday, 3/11/2015
McDonough ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun l Fellowship Calls Started Tuesday, 3/10/2015
Kelley ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun
Ross ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun l Fellowship Calls Started Wednesday, 3/11/2015
Stern ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun l Fellowship Calls Started Thursday, 3/12/2015
UNC ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun l Fellowship Calls Started Monday, 3/16/2015
Simon =====
Marshall ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun l Fellowship Calls Started Monday, 3/16/2015
McCombs ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun l Fellowship Calls Started Friday, 3/13/2015
Darden ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun l Fellowship Calls Started Tuesday, 3/10/2015
Olin ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun l Fellowship Calls Started Wednesday, 3/11/2015
Wisconsin =====
Yale ===== Acceptances for R2 have begun
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.86
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2016, 06:34
Good morning,

I really hope that no one was tripping off of the fact that they didn't get a response from the AOs. In all honesty, we will know how the school's feel about our candidacy in the next 2 weeks. Fingers crossed for us all.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2016, 14:23
Nai222 wrote:
Just interviewed at Johnson and was advised that I will have a decision before the draft.

What kind-of questions did you get during your interview.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2016, 14:59
any word from Haas, Yale, NYU, or UCLA lately? No invites , No dings :!: :?:
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2016, 15:13
My interview was specific to me but it was similar to Darden's style. The first question was tell me about yourself, then I was asked about the folks that I spoke to at Johnson. My interviewer was amazed at my story and my drive so the whole interview was very conversational and engaging. I was also asked to discuss a time in which something didn't go well.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2016, 19:50
Guys, I will like to get some of your thoughts (if you don't mind).

One of the top 10 schools I applied to recently sent me an email asking to schedule an interview for their executive MBA program instead of the full time program I had applied to. I am trying to figure out what to do next, since I really haven't looked at the executive MBA program prior to the email from the school. Also, my background is in general management/operations (with over 9 years in management/leadership position) and was hoping to switch careers into Strategy consulting with a full time MBA.

Note: My employer isn't sponsoring me and I was planning on resigning once I got a full time offer of Admission.

Please share your thoughts on the following questions
1.) Does anyone have any insight into an Executive MBA program?
2.) Any ideas on how easy it is to switch into consulting during or after the program?
3.) Do schools offer scholarship to Executive MBA student?
4.) Since I wouldn't be interning if I went to the full time program, what are the likelihood of securing a job?
5.) How do employers view the executive MBA compared to the full time MBA?
6.) I already have admission to a full time program from a top 20 school. If you were in my shoes, would you take the executive MBA at a top 10 school over the full time MBA at a top 20 school?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2016, 08:09
Angoto wrote:

One of the top 10 schools I applied to recently sent me an email asking to schedule an interview for their executive MBA program instead of the full time program I had applied to. I am trying to figure out what to do next, since I really haven't looked at the executive MBA program prior to the email from the school. Also, my background is in general management/operations (with over 9 years in management/leadership position) and was hoping to switch careers into Strategy consulting with a full time MBA.

Note: My employer isn't sponsoring me and I was planning on resigning once I got a full time offer of Admission.

2.) Any ideas on how easy it is to switch into consulting during or after the program?
4.) Since I wouldn't be interning if I went to the full time program, what are the likelihood of securing a job?
6.) I already have admission to a full time program from a top 20 school. If you were in my shoes, would you take the executive MBA at a top 10 school over the full time MBA at a top 20 school?

From your list of schools I'm assuming that you are referring to Darden? I would reach out to the AOs for clarification. I haven't heard of this scenario.Usually executive MBAs are sponsored but some are not. I have heard of some folks making career transitions with an executive MBA but I would do more research on the program specifics.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 08:09
Nai222 wrote:
Angoto wrote:

From your list of schools I'm assuming that you are referring to Darden? I would reach out to the AOs for clarification. I haven't heard of this scenario.Usually executive MBAs are sponsored but some are not. I have heard of some folks making career transitions with an executive MBA but I would do more research on the program specifics.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 09:32
Angoto wrote:
Nai222 wrote:
Angoto wrote:

Thanks.

One thing you should ask when doing research is whether or not career services supports the executive MBAs as well. I know some schools dedicate more resources to the FT MBA program because they figure these are the folks who are taking the risk by quitting their jobs to go there. Sometimes the EMBAs don't have access to the same postings or networking events.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 11:00
LetMyPeopleGoSurfing:

Yes I asked. They said they have 2 dedicated career services support individuals. Thanks for your thoughts.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 14:28
Happy Leap Day!

Has anyone heard any decisions after R2 interviews yet?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 18:59
Had my interview at Darden today and I must say that it is going to be a very hard decision for me, if I am admitted to all of the schools that I applied to. Just an FYI, folks will be hearin from schools next week with final decisions (consortium schools). I'm pumped!!!

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 19:49
Looking ahead a bit, does anyone have any info on how the summer conference works? Is it mandatory for 1st year students? I plan on going for at least 4 days, but I doubt that I would be able to take much more time off work (Still Active Duty Military until 1July)
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.2
WE: Business Development (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 20:32
gbout3 wrote:
Looking ahead a bit, does anyone have any info on how the summer conference works? Is it mandatory for 1st year students? I plan on going for at least 4 days, but I doubt that I would be able to take much more time off work (Still Active Duty Military until 1July)

The CGSM just posted the schedule for OP 2016 - it should answer your question thoroughly: http://cgsm.org/orientation-program/2016-op-schedule-2/
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 20:43
Anyone heard back from Haas or Emory?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 21:28
Chase18 wrote:
The CGSM just posted the schedule for OP 2016 - it should answer your question thoroughly: http://cgsm.org/orientation-program/2016-op-schedule-2/

Wow, yeah. This looks great, but it's going to be very hard for me to get this time off too (that week specifically). Anyone know how mandatory/what the rules are for this?
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 05:22
nicholasbentham wrote:
Anyone heard back from Haas or Emory?

Emory should start calling between today all the way through Thursday. Good Luck!
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.2
WE: Business Development (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 01 Mar 2016, 11:12
snooky wrote:
Chase18 wrote:

Wow, yeah. This looks great, but it's going to be very hard for me to get this time off too (that week specifically). Anyone know how mandatory/what the rules are for this?

I would be interested to hear from possibly a second year Consortium member about this. From the information I have read, I do not believe it is mandatory it is mandatory, but it is an incredible networking event with a chance to interview with top organizations (http://cgsm.org/orientation-program/upcoming-program/2015-participating-companies/)before the recruiting season even begins... an invaluable opportunity if you ask me.

I will definitely be there for the entire time and I am excited to meet several of you there!

Originally posted by Chase18 on 01 Mar 2016, 10:13.
Last edited by Chase18 on 01 Mar 2016, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.82

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 11:10
Chase18 wrote:
snooky wrote:
Chase18 wrote:

I would be interested to hear from possibly a second year Consortium member about this. From the information I have read, I do not believe it is mandatory, but it is an incredible networking event with a chance to interview with top organizations (http://cgsm.org/orientation-program/upcoming-program/2015-participating-companies/)before the recruiting season even begins... an invaluable opportunity if you ask me.

I will definitely be there for the entire time and I am excited to meet several of you there!

Nope. It is mandatory. In their enrollment form they ask you:

4. I understand that my attendance at the 2016 OP in St.Louis, MO, is mandatory. I agree to arrive no later than Friday, June 3 and remain until the conclusion of the program on Wednesday, June 8. I agree to all terms and conditions of travel as outlined in the OP Participation Policies Form.

Yes_____ No_____
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 11:58
On that note... Does anyone know if the consortium arranges the travel? Do we pay our stay for the whole week? I somewhere heard that they would cover at least part of the expenses to attend...
GMAT Club Bot
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 01 Mar 2016, 11:58

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  36   37   38   39   40   41   42  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap