GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 07 Dec 2019, 04:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
The better way to launch a product? The Oct. 19 reading list  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 08:00
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: The better way to launch a product? The Oct. 19 reading list
This week’s reading list: A UVA professor suggests entrepreneurs should think of their products as “perpetually imperfect”; the “maybe so” approach to adversity from Indiana University; advice for new managers from Harvard.

[View the story “The better way to launch a product? The Oct. 19 reading list” on Storify]

The post The better way to launch a product? The Oct. 19 reading list appeared first on The Consortium.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge
Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 06:53
How long before we hear back from the members schools for interview invites? Two weeks or so?
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 08:24
SilverBull wrote:
How long before we hear back from the members schools for interview invites? Two weeks or so?

I believe each school has its own timeline. As far as I understand, after your submission the school will handle it as any other application.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 12:17
MissC wrote:
Did anyone apply in Round 1?

I did for Ross, Darden and McCombs. Just got the notification that my application was sent to schools this morning.
Here we go! :-D
Manager
Manager
Consortium student receives $25,000 John Wooden fellowship  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 14:00
FROM The Consortium Admissions Blog: Consortium student receives $25,000 John Wooden fellowship
Congratulations to Consortium fellow Virginia Tancioco, who added another prestigious fellowship to her resume on Oct. 6: She was one of four honorees receiving the 2015 John Wooden Global Leadership Fellowship at the UCLA Anderson School of Management.

Named for the revered long-time coach of UCLA’s men’s basketball team, the fellowship was established jointly by Wooden and UCLA Anderson to “benefit deserving Anderson students whose values emulated his own views on life and leadership.”

In a blog post about the honor, Tancioco (Anderson class of 2016) described the smartphone app aimed at expectant mothers she and classmate Margaret Threadgill are developing. The app is written at a fourth-grade level in order to provide education for pregnant women, putting health education into the hands of women from underserved communities.

“Margaret and I are co-founding a nonprofit called Project Pregnancy and the app is only our first product,” Tancioco told writer Britt Benston for the UCLA Anderson blog post. “The project is looking to do many things for the underserved community, helping those who typically have poor outcomes, so that they will have healthier kids and will be healthier moms at the same time.”

In addition to being an MBA candidate at UCLA Anderson, Tancioco is a fourth-year OB/GYN medical student at UCLA Medical Center.

The four Wooden fellows — including Dr. Rob Douk, Christian Dunbar and Tiffany Cantrell — each received a $25,000 award. The fellowships are funded from proceeds from the John Wooden Global Leadership Program and the associated Global Leadership Award, which honored Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula Burns at the same event on Oct. 6.

Wooden coached UCLA’s team for 27 seasons, earning 10 NCAA national championships before retiring in 1975. In addition to being a renowned basketball coach, however, he was also highly regarded as a leader in the community. He died in 2010.

“Coach Wooden inspired me in so many ways,” Tancioco said in her brief acceptance speech at the event. “I think most significantly was his example of how well a team can work together and achieve success. So I challenge all of you, and I challenge myself every day, to better myself and better the team so that together we can all be successful.”

See Tancioco’s comments at the 1:15 mark in the video below.

The post Consortium student receives $25,000 John Wooden fellowship appeared first on The Consortium.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 14:11
I submitted my Consortium application for R1 and received an email from them saying I submitted the application. Will I get another email from them when they have forwarded the application materials to all the schools? Or will the member schools email instead? I received one email from Georgetown saying they received my application, but not from anyone else. What are other peoples' experiences with this?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 14:52
UPindex wrote:
I submitted my Consortium application for R1 and received an email from them saying I submitted the application. Will I get another email from them when they have forwarded the application materials to all the schools? Or will the member schools email instead? I received one email from Georgetown saying they received my application, but not from anyone else. What are other peoples' experiences with this?

Yes, you will definitely get an email with the subject line " Your application has been released to member schools." This means they have seen that your application is complete and they've passed it along. I have heard of a delay in this process if applicants did not submit a scan of official transcripts. After that (sometimes days after that Consortium e-mail), you will receive an e-mail from specific schools with their pertinent information.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 16:16
Is anyone else still waiting on application to be released to schools?
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 16:22
lreed9002000 wrote:

I am. And I used a digital copy of my official transcript. Not a screenshot, but a PDF that was emailed to me by the credentialing service, so I hope that's good enough. I couldn't get my scanned copy small enough to upload.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2015, 08:30
CircusNerd wrote:
lreed9002000 wrote:

I am. And I used a digital copy of my official transcript. Not a screenshot, but a PDF that was emailed to me by the credentialing service, so I hope that's good enough. I couldn't get my scanned copy small enough to upload.

Got confirmation today that my application was released to the schools. Did anyone else see this for Haas? I'm curious which "optional" information they require.

"The Consortium’s initial review confirmed that you submitted all required application materials. However, we would like to bring your attention to the possibility that some information considered “optional” within The Consortium application may be required by the admissions office at University of California, Berkeley. The Haas admissions office will review your application and contact you directly if they require more information from you."
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.48
WE: Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2015, 10:16
Hey there! I'm applying R2 for NYU Stern & UCLA Anderson - I have a quick question about the application. I noticed some of the school applications ask if I'm a member of MLT. I did the MLT Career Prep back when I was in college, but I am not doing the MLT MBA Prep. Is the questions asking about the MLT MBA Prep Program in particular?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2015, 10:21
nachobioteck wrote:
SilverBull wrote:

Hang in there man!

Well I got waitlisted :(

I will wait until the end of the week to see if I get accepted. I have an interview scheduled for a couple of days before... Maybe you could post how your experience is? I bet it would be useful for a lot of people in the forum... :)

Hello,

I don't understand how they are selecting people to attend. As I put in the Tuck thread, I was accepted but my BF that has better stats was put on the waitlist. We really wanted to attend together so if he doesn't get off of the waitlist I may not attend.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2015, 13:51
CircusNerd wrote:
SilverBull wrote:
CircusNerd wrote:

In for Round 1 Haas and Anderson as well. Just received confirmation today that my application was received. Hopefully it'll be passed along to the schools quickly, Anderson's already sending out interview invites :shock:

Good luck, folks!

On this, anyone know how long it takes for the Consortium to forward along the applications to the member schools? Considering round 1 decisions seem to come out around mid-December, it should be a pretty quick process due to the short window of time to read the applications and conduct interviews.

So I did some digging in last year's thread and saw that apparently Anderson pushed Consortium applicants to R2. Has anyone heard anything about what they're doing this year? Haas has a page on their website dedicated to explaining the Consortium timeline, but I can't find anything similar for Anderson.

Hey everyone. New here. Also applied R1.
I've heard the same thing, Anderson is pushing out decisions to R2. Not sure about interviews.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2015, 14:33
juvisuccess wrote:
I've heard the same thing, Anderson is pushing out decisions to R2. Not sure about interviews.

That's sort of a bummer. I feel like they would want to try to stay in line with other schools so that you can include them in any R1 decisions. If you don't find out until spring and you get into a different Consortium school, you'd be taking a risk to wait and hear from Anderson.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2015, 14:35
CircusNerd wrote:
juvisuccess wrote:

That's sort of a bummer. I feel like they would want to try to stay in line with other schools so that you can include them in any R1 decisions. If you don't find out until spring and you get into a different Consortium school, you'd be taking a risk to wait and hear from Anderson.

I completely agree. Hope its not the case or that they at least address what their plan is.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2015, 14:43
lreed9002000 wrote:

I haven't gotten an email from the Consortium saying my app was released to the schools, but I did get the email saying they received it. I did get an email from Georgetown saying they received my application though...
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2015, 18:28
UPindex wrote:
lreed9002000 wrote:

I haven't gotten an email from the Consortium saying my app was released to the schools, but I did get the email saying they received it. I did get an email from Georgetown saying they received my application though...

Last weekend I got an e-mail from YSOM saying they received my materials and asking me to do my video interview. I didn't hear anything from Darden or Stern. Then today I got an email from CGSM saying that there was an issue with reading my transcripts and that my app won't be released to my schools until I upload new copies of my transcripts. No clue what's going on at this point.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2015, 07:10
MBAgal2018 wrote:
nachobioteck wrote:
SilverBull wrote:

Hang in there man!

Well I got waitlisted :(

I will wait until the end of the week to see if I get accepted. I have an interview scheduled for a couple of days before... Maybe you could post how your experience is? I bet it would be useful for a lot of people in the forum... :)

Hello,

I don't understand how they are selecting people to attend. As I put in the Tuck thread, I was accepted but my BF that has better stats was put on the waitlist. We really wanted to attend together so if he doesn't get off of the waitlist I may not attend.

Hi MBAgal2018

I also wonder what was the basis for acceptance, I submitted the application very early on since they mentioned that they made the decisions on a rolling basis, but I didn't hear back from them until a week ago.

If I were you, I would attend even if your BF can't. I mean it is a great opportunity to spend a few days there and network with alumn and students. If the alumn that you'll meet are anything like the ones I have met, they will be a lot of help and give you a really good perspective of the school. You can always visit again together if your BF chooses to have an applicant initiated interview, and, since you'll have had already visit, maybe take advantage of exploring other areas that you weren't able to. Just my grain of salt.

Good luck!
Nacho
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2015, 07:20
CircusNerd wrote:
lreed9002000 wrote:

I have a digital copy of my transcript as well, but it comes with a warning that if it is printed it will come with a watermark saying that the transcript is not official. I have sent a message through the consortium website, but haven't heard back from them. Does anyone have someone to contact for admission questions. Let us know if that works for you!
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2015, 08:03
nachobioteck wrote:
CircusNerd wrote:
lreed9002000 wrote:

I have a digital copy of my transcript as well, but it comes with a warning that if it is printed it will come with a watermark saying that the transcript is not official. I have sent a message through the consortium website, but haven't heard back from them. Does anyone have someone to contact for admission questions. Let us know if that works for you!

Try calling. I've found them to be much more responsive over the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 22 Oct 2015, 08:03

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderators: energy2pe, erlandgas