GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Apr 2019, 19:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 16:40
nachobioteck wrote:
mbahopeful89 wrote:
nicholasbentham wrote:
Just got wait listed at Emory without interview. Is it weird that I got interviews at higher ranked schools but not with Emory? This MBA experience seems really random.

What did you rank them?

yep... they do... but in my experience and for what I have seen it has little influence on their decision.

I've been think about this and have my own conspiracy theory :shock:

I feel like your ranking might affect your chances if your stats are on the lower end and depending on the school. These adcom's people are absolutely in love with their own school, so I find it hard to imagine that they don't feel a little burn when somebody who is below their average rank them #4-6. Also if it plays no influence why doesn't the consortium block them from seeing the rankings? If these schools are any good with analytics they probably have reports that show them matriculation success rate depending on where they land on their ranking. If less than 5% of students that rank you #6 accept the offer is there any incentive to invest resources in those application?

Of course people get accepted to their lower ranked schools, but I feel like this systematic approach is used in various fashions to shape their decisions. High ranked schools can offer more admissions since they know people want to go there (even if they don't get the fellowship) and I feel like lower ranked schools might be tired of being passed over and would rather admit most who rank them #1 and #2, even if they are weaker candidates as this ensures their yield is high and limits the number of people they have to offer admissions to.

My 2 wild cents lol
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 17:26
Nai222 wrote:
Thank you!!!! I'm pumped!

Posted from my mobile device

Congrats! when did you interview?
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.86
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 17:29
Thanks I interviewed last Thursday.

Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.86
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 17:31
I ranked Goizueta last and still received an invite. I agree with the person who said that it may have been that person's profile.A school can only accept but so many consultants and Ibankers.

Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 19:56
Got dinged by Yale and USC today. Yale was to be expected but USC came as a shock. I interviewed last Saturday with a first year. I thought it was fairly standard but evidently not. I'm WL at one school, 2 official dings and just waiting for the official ding from the other three.

Profile: older (30+), non trad background, 3.0 ivy 700 GMAT.

It's tough guys. Congrats to all who have gotten in and good luck to all still battling!

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 20:18
bdawg2057 wrote:
Got dinged by Yale and USC today. Yale was to be expected but USC came as a shock. I interviewed last Saturday with a first year. I thought it was fairly standard but evidently not. I'm WL at one school, 2 official dings and just waiting for the official ding from the other three.

It's tough guys. Congrats to all who have gotten in and good luck to all still battling!

I also got dinged by Yale today. Not surprised or too concerned, at this point it is between Johnson/Darden/McCombs for me.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 20:32
bdawg2057 wrote:

Sorry to hear! You never know, the WL or the other 3 could work out. If not, there is always next year. Last year I got dinged from the 3 schools I applied to. This year, I am waiting for decisions from Yale and Oxford. Looking back, going to business schools now is much better, timing-wise. Keep your chin up!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 20:37
Is anyone still waiting to hear back after interviews?

At this point I've only heard final decisions from the two schools I didn't get interviews at Yale (Ding) and Emory (WL).

I interviewed at UNC and Johnson over two weeks ago and haven't heard anything... is this a bad sign?? Kind of freaking out over here.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 22:17
jean225 wrote:

At this point I've only heard final decisions from the two schools I didn't get interviews at Yale (Ding) and Emory (WL).

I interviewed at UNC and Johnson over two weeks ago and haven't heard anything... is this a bad sign?? Kind of freaking out over here.

Schools don't follow a standard pattern for final decisions. I interviewed at McCombs a month ago and Darden two weeks ago and haven't heard back yet, and don't expect to until after the draft next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 07:11
jean225 wrote:

Still waiting on Tepper and Tuck, they both told me they would let me know after the draft....
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 08:13
nachobioteck wrote:
jean225 wrote:

Still waiting on Tepper and Tuck, they both told me they would let me know after the draft....

Just Curious, Did the folks at Tepper tell you this directly when you interviewed? I interviewed over a month ago and the draft wasn't high up on my radar so I didn't think to ask.

Best of luck to both as we approach the light at the end of this very very very long tunnel!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 08:42
Sorry if this question has been asked/answered before, but what is the likelihood that we could get scholarships from schools that we do not get the Consortium fellowship from?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 09:06
bdawg2057 wrote:

Did you find out via email or you.usc?

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck with your other schools.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 09:17
gprice1580 wrote:
nachobioteck wrote:
jean225 wrote:

Just Curious, Did the folks at Tepper tell you this directly when you interviewed? I interviewed over a month ago and the draft wasn't high up on my radar so I didn't think to ask.

Best of luck to both as we approach the light at the end of this very very very long tunnel!

Yes. Andrew told me this. He said that if I am awarded the fellowship I should know earlier, otherwise I would know on March 23rd like everyone else
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 09:19
ckirk12 wrote:
Sorry if this question has been asked/answered before, but what is the likelihood that we could get scholarships from schools that we do not get the Consortium fellowship from?

Depends on the school. Wisconsin gave a me a full ride already, it doesn't say anywhere it is dependent of the fellowship or anything like that.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 09:36
Do you all know when we will hear back from Yale? I have interviewed and I'm just waiting to hear. I notice that their date for all applicants is March 25th, but I have heard they tell Consortium applicants well before that date.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 10:14
How long does it usually takes to find out the draft results? I am a little worried because I have to answer Mendoza by the 26th of this month.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 10:17
gmatdreamer12 wrote:
How long does it usually takes to find out the draft results? I am a little worried because I have to answer Mendoza by the 26th of this month.

You'll be fine, the consensus in the forum is that the draft is on Tuesday. So we should no probably by end of next week.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
GMAT 2: 720 Q39 V49
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 10:17
nicholasbentham wrote:
Just got wait listed at Emory without interview. Is it weird that I got interviews at higher ranked schools but not with Emory? This MBA experience seems really random.

I don't think it's weird at all. That's the nature of the highly subjective MBA admissions process.. Furthermore, there are only three Olympic medals that can be awarded but there are eight runners so someone has to lose out.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 11:16
Just got the call from Stern! In with the fellowship!! (I ranked it #1)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!   [#permalink] 04 Mar 2016, 11:16

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  68    Next  [ 1360 posts ] 

Calling All 2016 Consortium Applicants!!!

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap