Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, Kellogg, Columbia, Haas, Tuck
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Investment Banking
WE 2: Private Equity
WE 3: Consulting for Portfolio Company
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Duke R1 (Admitted w/$$), Yale SOM - R2 (Admitted), HBS - R2 (Ding), Berkeley Haas - R3 (WL)
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink]
I'm sorry, I didn't mean "decisions," I meant "interview invites." And I got my info from the Clear Admit site:

https://www.clearadmit.com/wiki/index.ph ... =Main_Page

Although, I don't really believe it since they originally said no invites would go out until the end of March.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R1 waitlister here, and I got this e-mail a few days ago:

"Although we have not made offers of admission from the waitlist at this time, we have released many waitlisted candidates whose applications will not remain in consideration."

I guess that means they haven't taken ANYONE off the waitlist? The wait sucks...

Kryzak, any tips for how to increase our competitiveness (besides what ad-com has told us to do)? Seems pretty unlikely at this point for me...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
kryzak and cyrez8, thanks so much for your replies!!!! :) Yeah... I haven't heard anything from the GSB (and I didn't apply to Wharton...), so at this point I think all hope is lost... But you guys are right, both Ross and Haas are equally excellent schools, and it would be a difficult decision, but I think if Haas offered me some money I would probably go there over my ful ride... I'm a resident of California so I would be paying a lower tuition and I'm going into corporate social responsibility/nonprofit after school, so in a way money really is a huge issue, but Haas' program is absolutely the perfect fit for me!!!! I honestly don't think I will be able to get an extension for my scholarship, so I'm just praying I'll get some kind of sign from Haas before I have to pull my application... I wish I had been able to apply r2, but my recommender didn't get my letter in time :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
I highly doubt you will hear back from Haas in regards to any fellowship offers before your Ross offer expires.

Would you choose Haas with no money over Ross and the full-ride?

alws wrote:
kryzak and cyrez8, thanks so much for your replies!!!! :) Yeah... I haven't heard anything from the GSB (and I didn't apply to Wharton...), so at this point I think all hope is lost... But you guys are right, both Ross and Haas are equally excellent schools, and it would be a difficult decision, but I think if Haas offered me some money I would probably go there over my ful ride... I'm a resident of California so I would be paying a lower tuition and I'm going into corporate social responsibility/nonprofit after school, so in a way money really is a huge issue, but Haas' program is absolutely the perfect fit for me!!!! I honestly don't think I will be able to get an extension for my scholarship, so I'm just praying I'll get some kind of sign from Haas before I have to pull my application... I wish I had been able to apply r2, but my recommender didn't get my letter in time :(
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
alws, would you consider paying the deposit for Ross and then making a decision if you get Haas with money? If you're ok with that, it would be the route I would recommend. :)

If you do get an offer from Haas, I'm happy to chat with you regarding the decision sometime. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
This is probably what you should do. Accept the Ross offer by paying your deposit and then see what happens with Haas.

Ross full-ride > Haas with no money IMO however especially with your future non-profit interests

kryzak wrote:
alws, would you consider paying the deposit for Ross and then making a decision if you get Haas with money? If you're ok with that, it would be the route I would recommend. :)

If you do get an offer from Haas, I'm happy to chat with you regarding the decision sometime. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Hi Milie ~

As kryzak mentioned, there is a second Days at Haas (DAH), and if you are unable to attend DAH I, I would absolutely suggest that you contact the Admissions Committee to get details specific to registering for DAH II. We certainly want you to have the opportunity to visit campus. DAH II is taking place on April 29 - May 1.

Best,
Lauren
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Question: Does anyone know if/when the Super Saturday date would be for R3?

Answer: I believe that this was already commented on, but I wanted to confirm that there is no Super Saturday for Round 3 or 4.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Question: I am in for Rd. 3. Does anyone know what their process is for rendering decisions? Is it on a rolling basis after you receive an interview invite? Or do they release all of their final decisions around the April 28th final decision date?

Answer: Similar to Rounds 1 and 2, the Haas Admissions Committee will be communicating Round 3 decisions by Wednesday, April 28. As I think many of you have seen/heard, calls can start to go out a day or two before the decision deadline, but decisions will not be released earlier than that (i.e. not on a rolling basis after your interview is conducted).
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I applied for round 3 and think I have a relatively strong profile. However, I think my GMAT is on the weaker side at 710. Since I was testing out at 750+ on my practice exams, would it be possible for me to re-take it and submit my score before the April decision deadline? Would they take that into account, or would they only look at the score I submitted when I submitted my application?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied for round 3 and think I have a relatively strong profile. However, I think my GMAT is on the weaker side at 710. Since I was testing out at 750+ on my practice exams, would it be possible for me to re-take it and submit my score before the April decision deadline? Would they take that into account, or would they only look at the score I submitted when I submitted my application?

The short answer is yes, the Admissions Committee will consider a new score. The longer answer is...710 is certainly a strong GMAT score, but if you think that you can improve your score prior to the Round 3 decision deadline, there is certainly no harm in re-taking the test. I would suggest that you email the Haas Admissions Committee and let them know that you are re-taking the test (including date), and that you will be sharing your score (if it is an improvement), by X date. Please also keep in mind that your GMAT score is only one component of your application, and the Admissions Committee is evaluating your entire profile in order to understand if Haas is the best fit. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Thanks, Lauren. Also, this may have been covered before, but, on average, what percentage of the total applicants receive interview invites? And, on average, what percentage of those interviewed receive offers?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.35 Princeton
Send PM
r3 applicant checking in. Haas is my dream school, cant wait to hear about anyone w invites to interview!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Please add me to the R4 list
Female/30/Foreign/ok GMAT/IB-PE-NP (8yrs)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All!

Please add me to the R3 list. Has anyone heard about invites?

Stats: F/26/3.2/730/5 Years (2-Consulting, 2- Corporate Strategy, 1-NGO/Social Enterprise)
Current Student
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
Late update: Was waitlisted without interview for R2 but application has been withdrawn to attend another school. Good luck to those still waiting!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Congrats! May I ask what school you will be attending?

gregarious wrote:
Late update: Was waitlisted without interview for R2 but application has been withdrawn to attend another school. Good luck to those still waiting!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  46   47   48   49   50   51   52  ...  62