GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jan 2019, 18:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • 4 Tips for Interviews

January 18, 2019

January 18, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

4 tips that will help you prepare for MBA interviews
  • Personal MBA Coach’s Overview of Top EMBA Programs

January 19, 2019

January 19, 2019

Personal MBA Coach's Overview of Top EMBA Programs eBook To download for free, join our mailing list and receive weekly tips on perfecting your MBA applications

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '21 (D)
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2018, 19:42
Has anyone else who was denied already had their application account deleted? I am trying to login to my account to read the denial letter since I did not have time to read through it all earlier and it says there is no account under my email address
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
GPA: 3.4
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 00:15
Ronburgundy wrote:
Has anyone else who was denied already had their application account deleted? I am trying to login to my account to read the denial letter since I did not have time to read through it all earlier and it says there is no account under my email address

That is harsh Ronburgundy

Why don't you write to the adcom to request assitance?

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 03:39
MsInvBanker wrote:
Ronburgundy wrote:

Imho, now it's time to move on. What is the profit from a generic rejection email? Accept it and go conquer other schools. Personally, I understand the pain, because was rejected many times, but there is no need to contact admissions, they already made the verdict.
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 04:43
vnor wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
Ronburgundy wrote:

Imho, now it's time to move on. What is the profit from a generic rejection email? Accept it and go conquer other schools. Personally, I understand the pain, because was rejected many times, but there is no need to contact admissions, they already made the verdict.

Congratulations on your admit vnor

You are right about moving on but if I were in Ronburgundy 's place, I'd still like to see that letter. Maybe he/she does too as it can be a step in moving on. Closure is always needed.

Kudos are appreciated.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 05:53
Hey all, I am in the middle of writing my Booth essays for R2 and have a question that I probably should have asked sooner...

In the "Chicago Booth and You" section, they ask us to state our goals then write the goals essay. My essay flows P1: aha-moment, P2/P3: aha-moment helped me realize LT goals and why I need MBA/ST career track, P4: why Booth is suited to help me with these. This format requires me to restate the goals that I already wrote in my short answer boxes. Is this expected? I can't figure out a way to write my essays without restating my goals, considering it is a goals essay, but I don't want to be redundant...
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 18:07
Anybody else having issues with their accounts? I'm unable to login anymore..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 22:36
vigneshmaheswaran wrote:

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

vigneshmaheswaran were you in the process of working on your aplication or yo had already been communicated the decision? That may be the reason as to why you cannot login.

Kudos are appreciated.

BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 22:37
mbit wrote:
Hey all, I am in the middle of writing my Booth essays for R2 and have a question that I probably should have asked sooner...

In the "Chicago Booth and You" section, they ask us to state our goals then write the goals essay. My essay flows P1: aha-moment, P2/P3: aha-moment helped me realize LT goals and why I need MBA/ST career track, P4: why Booth is suited to help me with these. This format requires me to restate the goals that I already wrote in my short answer boxes. Is this expected? I can't figure out a way to write my essays without restating my goals, considering it is a goals essay, but I don't want to be redundant...

Hey mbit I'd suggest do not be repetitive. But I'd also say, do what feels right.

Kudos are appreciated.

BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 22:52
maneeshasudhesan you have submitted a blank post. I am deleting it. If you have something to say, try again. :)

Kudos are appreciated.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 23:32
Sure... I guess my son got his hands on the phone. For some reason he always reaches this app. Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 02:35
maneeshasudhesan wrote:
Sure... I guess my son got his hands on the phone. For some reason he always reaches this app. Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device

Probably he can't wait to embark on his MBA journey :grin: :tongue_opt1

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 02:36
vigneshmaheswaran wrote:

Probably some technical glitch. I suggest you wait for some time and see if the issue is resolved. Else, reach out to the adcoms.

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 11:24
southerngal wrote:
ak99, appreciate the bluntness! I figured as much :-/

antetokoumpo, I did my best to show as much change this time around. I submitted 2 brand new rec letters and talked about new responsibilities at work (same job), new community board positions, and quantitative coursework I did on the side.

Keep your head up! I know it's disheartening now, but you have another chance to show why Booth should accept you :) If possible, I would have peers or colleagues you trust go through your apps (old vs new) together to see if there was notable change. I know it's sort of a pain, but I do recommend taking a look at the GMAT again -- especially if you think there's room for improvement. Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.86

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 16:07
Does anyone know where we can find the full course catalog to build out what our course path could potentially look like? Also, where can we find the excel that other admitted students have referenced that provides the details behind the annual employment report? Is this something we will be getting further down the road / something we need to request directly from Booth? Thanks!
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 19:18
I think that's fine. My clients restate their goals as well, though I try to have them mix up the wording a bit from the previous short-answer responses.

Hope that helps!

mbit wrote:

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '21 (A$)
Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2018, 21:52
Hey friends! Happy to answer any questions you may have - I am an incoming student to Booth in 2019 and want to pay it forward.

You can check out my blog on tips at GmatClub here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-i-got-in ... 84077.html
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2018, 14:11
When's the admit weekend for R1?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.5
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2018, 16:32
bondtradercu wrote:
When's the admit weekend for R1?

Same as Kellogg, February 1/2, but why is this relevant to you? I’m not trying to come across the wrong way, I’ve been waitlisted too, so I’m curious.
Manager
Manager
S
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7
Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 06:25
southerngal wrote:
I applied to Booth last year R1, was waitlisted after interview, and was rejected with the R2 pool. I reapplied this year R1, interviewed, and was again waitlisted.

I can't help but think the only thing left to do is retake my GMAT. Currently, my score is a 700. Any thoughts or similar experiences from the group?

Unless the school comes out and tells you that your GMAT was the issue and that they will let you in if you hit a certain score, that's likely not the problem. When schools think that applicants' GPAs and GMATs are too low, they don't waitlist them, they reject them.

The real problem is probably with your narrative. Take a look at this article and see if anything here rings true to your application: Why was I waitlisted?

Best,
Nate

IvyAdmissionsGroup.com | Want to know your odds of admission? Get our free assessment here.
Apply to business school like you're running for office. You're the candidate. We're your campaign managers.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 15:07
Out of curiosity, how much time did you guys spend on the two essays this year?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 29 Dec 2018, 15:07

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 258 posts ] 

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap