GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2019, 17:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2019, 09:35
Out of curiosity - when is the start date of the full-time mba? I can't find anything on the web.

Thanks,
Current Student
G
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2019, 13:27
stevenb28 wrote:
Out of curiosity - when is the start date of the full-time mba? I can't find anything on the web.

Thanks,

Monday, 9th September is the official start date of Orientation. "Random Walk" trips (optional) where students go together on a trip before school starts are scheduled from Aug 23-25 to Sep 2.
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2019, 14:20
Thanks - much appreciated.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.9
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2019, 17:41
stoiczoan wrote:
stevenb28 wrote:

Thanks,

Monday, 9th September is the official start date of Orientation. "Random Walk" trips (optional) where students go together on a trip before school starts are scheduled from Aug 23-25 to Sep 2.

Hi, do you know when is the deadline to accept the offer and how much we should deposit?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
G
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 07:47
arminy wrote:
stoiczoan wrote:
stevenb28 wrote:

Thanks,

Hi, do you know when is the deadline to accept the offer and how much we should deposit?

Round Two Admits will submit one (1) enrollment deposit by the following deadline:

$3,000 enrollment deposit - May 1, 2019
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.49

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 11:27
Hi -- Is anyone going to Booth Live this Friday? I registered but have yet to receive the itinerary etc. The registration confirmation email promised we would get one a week out. I'm just wondering if no one has gotten it yet or if I should check in with admissions and make sure I'm still on the list to attend. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 11:28
cf1111 wrote:
Hi -- Is anyone going to Booth Live this Friday? I registered but have yet to receive the itinerary etc. The registration confirmation email promised we would get one a week out. I'm just wondering if no one has gotten it yet or if I should check in with admissions and make sure I'm still on the list to attend. Thanks!

I haven’t gotten anything and I registered as well!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 11:29
mkil23 wrote:
cf1111 wrote:

Same here, I emailed admissions but haven't gotten a response yet
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.49

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 16:09
jmb819 wrote:
mkil23 wrote:
cf1111 wrote:

Thanks for the responses! I guess we're all in the same boat. If I hear from them, I'll post.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Booth '21 (A)
Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 06:43
jmb819 wrote:
mkil23 wrote:
cf1111 wrote:

I also registered for Booth live, but haven't received the day's schedule yet.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.31

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 12:40
Just received the Booth live schedule of events. Weirdly, I was on the waitlist and was never notified that space had opened up.

Booth Live Schedule

10:00 AM: Registration and Refreshments
10:30 AM : Welcome
10:45 AM: Panel: Learning Beyond the Classroom
12:00 PM: Lunch
1:30 PM: Class
2:30 PM: Harper Center Tours
3:30 PM: Panel: Having Fun Beyond the Classroom
4:10 PM: Closing Remarks
4:30 PM: LPF Social
6:00 PM: Event Ends
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.77

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 15:42
A new Booth Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/booth-189/interview_debrief.html#debrief-875
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2019, 15:59
Hey guys, I can use some advice. I'm just after the inteview and I guess maybe the waiting game after the inteview is starting to get to me and I'm kind of freaking out about possibly not getting in. My interview was ok, though I felt it could have gone a bit better- I had been sick the entire week before and was still recovering (the alum rescheduled the interview too many times for me to risk rescheduling on my end).
I noticed that we have the option to submit new tests scores and it got me thinking maybe I should retake the GMAT.
This could
1)let Booth know that I am serious and that they are my #1 choice
2)raise my profile and enhance my chances

My question is whether this will realistically help anything. When I took the GMAT a few months ago, I was getting 740 average on practice and got 730 on the test but I knew I could have done better. So I think that if I put in a good few days of study and retook, I might be able to realistically raise my score by 20 (maybe 30) points. Or not - it could go either way. It would have to be done in the next week or so to have any effect- so that wouldn't leave much study time.
On the other hand, I'm pretty busy on other projects and don't have much time, so it would only be feasible if I really feel it's a value add.

I've thought about waiting to see if I'm waitlisted and then trying then, but besides the uncertainty of the waitlist, it would mean not being eligible to apply for a certain scholarship that I have a very high chance of getting (since I would need to apply by Round 2 acceptance dates at the latest).
What do you guys think? Worth retaking?

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: HEC '22
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2019, 18:22
Hey guys, do u know how many % of applicants does Booth send interview invites ? I was told by an admission consultant that Booth interviews almost 50% of their applicants ! and they only use interviews as extra inputs for app review. This means that even when u have a great interview, u can still be rejected due to stats and essays. It this true ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2019, 19:38
This is what i got from the Veritas prep...

Chicago Booth interviews are by invitation only. Being invited to interview is a good sign, as Booth usually interviews slightly less than half of its applicants. It has a lot of seats to fill and often will interview a wider assortment of candidates than some other schools might. Interviews can be conducted on campus (usually by a second-year student) or by an alumnus in the applicant’s hometown (when available). What should I expect? Of course, being asked to interview is only the first step: Of those interviewed, fewer than half are admitted. If you are one of the lucky ones to be offered an interview spot there are a few things to keep in mind as you prepare

htkv0902 wrote:
Hey guys, do u know how many % of applicants does Booth send interview invites ? I was told by an admission consultant that Booth interviews almost 50% of their applicants ! and they only use interviews as extra inputs for app review. This means that even when u have a great interview, u can still be rejected due to stats and essays. It this true ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2019, 21:26
htkv0902 wrote:

htkv0902 alphak3nny001

The following information is based on the GMATClub's Decision tracker

For 2017, 226 of 537 applicants got interview invites => % of interview invites = 42.08%
For 2018, 226 of 469 applicants got interview invites => % of interview invites = 48.18%
For 2019, 205 of 584 applicants got interview invites => % of interview invites = 35.1%
For 2020, 230 of 493 applicants got interview invites => % of interview invites = 46.6%
For 2021, 172 of 385 applicants got interview invites => % of interview invites = 44.6%
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 00:13
htkv0902 wrote:
Hey guys, do u know how many % of applicants does Booth send interview invites ? I was told by an admission consultant that Booth interviews almost 50% of their applicants ! and they only use interviews as extra inputs for app review. This means that even when u have a great interview, u can still be rejected due to stats and essays. It this true?

THAT my dear friend, right there, is STRESS and ANXIETY getting to your head! :-D :lol: N I can correlate coz I keep doing the math myself :tongue_opt1
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 00:15
alphak3nny001 wrote:

Chicago Booth interviews are by invitation only. Being invited to interview is a good sign, as Booth usually interviews slightly less than half of its applicants. It has a lot of seats to fill and often will interview a wider assortment of candidates than some other schools might.

htkv0902 wrote:

Our analysis of R1 acceptance trends reveals the same. As you can see in the graph below, Booth is the 2nd school in M7 category to invite max number of applicants for the interview, next only to Kellogg which has open interview policy.

While a higher interview invite rate looks appealing it also has a downside; If you look at a gap between % Invited to interview and %admitted, you will notice that it is narrow for schools such as MIT, HBS, Columbia, or Wharton compared to Chicago Booth, which also means that post-interview acceptance rates of these schools are higher than that of Chicago Booth. From these observations would it be far-fetched to infer that compared to Booth these four schools tend to invite those candidates in greater proportion who are eventually likely to get admitted?

Attachment:
Acceptance M7.png
Acceptance M7.png [ 73.38 KiB | Viewed 1808 times ]

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Manager
Manager
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 06:59
Narenn wrote:
alphak3nny001 wrote:

Chicago Booth interviews are by invitation only. Being invited to interview is a good sign, as Booth usually interviews slightly less than half of its applicants. It has a lot of seats to fill and often will interview a wider assortment of candidates than some other schools might.

htkv0902 wrote:

Our analysis of R1 acceptance trends reveals the same. As you can see in the graph below, Booth is the 2nd school in M7 category to invite max number of applicants for the interview, next only to Kellogg which has open interview policy.

While a higher interview invite rate looks appealing it also has a downside; If you look at a gap between % Invited to interview and %admitted, you will notice that it is narrow for schools such as MIT, HBS, Columbia, or Wharton compared to Chicago Booth, which also means that post-interview acceptance rates of these schools are higher than that of Chicago Booth. From these observations would it be far-fetched to infer that compared to Booth these four schools tend to invite those candidates in greater proportion who are eventually likely to get admitted?

Attachment:
Acceptance M7.png

according to ApplicantLab, Booth invites around 50% candidates and of those around 40-50% are admitted - probably based on the session that was held for Consultants. According to some other consultants, Booth invites 60% candidates, and of those around 40% are admitted. Both of these figures are consistent with their ~24% acceptance rate.

50% of 50% = 25%
40% of 60% = 24%
40% of 50% = 20% - this could be the case when they receive higher than anticipated number of applications.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.9
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 11:47
Hello,

I’ve seen some of final decisions in real-time decision tracker. Are they from R2? Does Booth start releasing R2 admission decisions prior to March 21?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2019, 11:47

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30    Next  [ 581 posts ] 

Calling All Booth MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: redskull1, ambera33