Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Columbia 2013 (accepted)
 Q48  V41
WE 1: Marine Infantry Officer (4 yrs)
WE 2: Aerospace (2.5 yrs)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
Vincev84
Thank you.

Now the waiting game begins!

Good luck everyone else.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Re: rankings

This is what makes little sense to me. According to Businessweek, SMU was the WORST bschool for recession placement. So why on earth would that school have a large increase in rankings and how on earth would that lead to large student satisfaction? Doesn't matter how great my professors are; if I don't get a job, I will be angry as hell. Seems like businessweek's rankings are absolutely nonsensical. So ignore them altogether.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Does anybody here know how Columbia handles waitlists or what the ultimate waitlist acceptance rates were in the last few years? Thanks much!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,
Do you know if a private loan with cosigner can be denied? and what could be the reasons?
I am asking that because I may have found a cosigner but he is worry that his current salary and other existing loans won't help me qualify for a private loan with Citibank (although he doesn't have a bad credit history).
I have been admitted to CBS and I will probably have to borrow the full cost+living expenses.
Any insights, advices???
Current Student
Affiliations: CBS '13
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.3 from top 5 ivy
Send PM
nachoa18 wrote:
Hi all,
Do you know if a private loan with cosigner can be denied? and what could be the reasons?
I am asking that because I may have found a cosigner but he is worry that his current salary and other existing loans won't help me qualify for a private loan with Citibank (although he doesn't have a bad credit history).
I have been admitted to CBS and I will probably have to borrow the full cost+living expenses.
Any insights, advices???

Steady income is one of the most important factors. But, the cosigner will only be secondarily liable for the loan so your future potential to make good money comes into play as well. In other words, when you have a cosigner, it's two of you borrowing the money, like you are married, haha. So the bank will evaluate you two jointly, i.e. one can compensate the other. A cosigner usually only needs to clear two hurdles, citizenship and minimal credit score, after that, it's all about the rates. Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi lawgonebusiness,
Thanks for the reply, it surely helps.

Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: GM
Send PM
hey guys/gals... applied to CBS R2... so my application will not be reviewed until Dec... could someone please comment... does CBS send out interview invites on a rolling basis or do they have specific dates?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Hi

I applied ED on 09/21, got my interview call on 10/21 and had my interview on 10/30. My application status only went complete on 11/11 after I emailed the school telling them that it had been a week since the last day my interviewer had to submit his review (14 days after my interview invite, ie, 11/04) so I don't know whether they have already been reviewing my complete application when I alerted them to this error or whether I should consider 11/11 as the date after which they started reviewing my complete application. The spreadsheet indicates that the average time for accepted candidates to get their decision after their application goes complete is about 8.5 days. So did my countdown start on 11/11 or before? Wow, I sound kinda paranoid but this business school process does that to you! Thoughts on my situation, anyone?

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Can someone please give me the link to the CBS 2011 spreadsheet again? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Columbia 2013 (accepted)
 Q48  V41
WE 1: Marine Infantry Officer (4 yrs)
WE 2: Aerospace (2.5 yrs)
Send PM
Stormbringer,

The wait can vary, but 8 days is about right. I've been waiting 17 now! I'm betting they have been reviewing your app for a few days, sounds like the status update was a formality. Stay optimistic, a high majority of interviewed ED candidates have been admitted. Spreadsheet is on the first page if this forum.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:INSEAD Class of J'12
Send PM
Anyone from UK or continental Europe who applied to ED and still waiting to hear? My application went under review first week of Oct and have not heard anything since.

Still optimistic, no news is good news? Or am I too glass half full?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Jackhrobbins

Thank you! I am trying to stay optimistic. :) 17 days is long but the odds are in your favour given then acceptance rate from the spreadsheet (let's assume it is a representative sample!) and let's not forget there are always outliers. The spreadsheet link on the first page goes to the form that one fills up to enter data into it, not the spreadsheet itself. :( I am such a nerd, I want to calculate the average time between interview and complete. :P Someone pasted the link on one of these 100 odd pages but I don't have the permalink. Help, anyone?

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone receive the follow up call from adcom for follow up questions? Is that a bad sign? Are they asking the questions in the interview or different ones?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare/Pharma mgmt
Schools:CBS class of 2013
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
smallwo wrote:
Does anyone receive the follow up call from adcom for follow up questions? Is that a bad sign? Are they asking the questions in the interview or different ones?

a few of us have, including me. It seems like they do a follow up when they have questions about your application that your interview didn't answer. I think its a good sign! If you had bombed the interview they wouldn't be wasting their time calling, right? From my exp and what i've seen here, they are just short talks, 2-3 questions. here was mine:

1) what will you do for the next 9 mo if you are admitted (i mentioned in app and interview that i just got laid off)
2) what will you get involved with at cbs, what are your plans for your internship - thats pretty competitive, what if that doesn't work out

then we talked about my dog and how he was going to adjust to the city and my husbands job search. it was very collegial - when i visited the admissions office on campus, everyone was very nice. They just want to have all their questions answered before taking it to the committee. good luck :)
Current Student
Affiliations: CBS '13
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.3 from top 5 ivy
Send PM
stormbringer wrote:
Jackhrobbins

Thank you! I am trying to stay optimistic. :) 17 days is long but the odds are in your favour given then acceptance rate from the spreadsheet (let's assume it is a representative sample!) and let's not forget there are always outliers. The spreadsheet link on the first page goes to the form that one fills up to enter data into it, not the spreadsheet itself. :( I am such a nerd, I want to calculate the average time between interview and complete. :P Someone pasted the link on one of these 100 odd pages but I don't have the permalink. Help, anyone?

Cheers!

just scroll down to the bottom of the spreadsheet on page 1, and then click on edit this spreadsheet. That will bring you to the actual google file.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, International Business
Send PM
I submitted my app on Oct. 4th, went under review Oct. 7th, got an interview invite Nov. 13th.

Best of luck to all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V38
WE 1: Consultant
Send PM
cricketbeatsrugby wrote:
I submitted my app on Oct. 4th, went under review Oct. 7th, got an interview invite Nov. 13th.

Best of luck to all!

Good luck Cricketbeatsrugby. Good to know and it gives me hope that I might not have been dinged yet...considering I submitted my app on 10/6 and it went under review soon after.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  104   105   106   107   108  ...  198