Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Tuck
 Q45  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Cornell Johnson School
 Q51  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
wonderhaven wrote:
LOL Ozzie - now that I think about it - same thing happened to me...she asked me basic questions and then proceeded to write down my answers! mostly, I was talking to the top of her head!

LOL

But the most important thing is the interview went well isn't it? Best of luck for the both of us!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Tuck
 Q45  V40
Send PM
Anyone will tell me that their release decisions before the deadline?! :D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I want to wish good luck to all the r2 applicants. I've already sent tepper my admission fee to reserve my spot so im going for sure.

I can put myself into the r2 applicants shoes right now because as a R1 applicant I was very jittery before the decision also; I checked my email every day, and 3 days before the decision literally every 2 hrs! It can get to a person. Just relax and be calm and the best will come for all of us.

Other than that, after joining teppers 1st online admitted students chat i highly recommend the QSRP (Quantative skill review prep) (non graded) class even though I really do not need it and am very good at math its a great way to get to meet new students they go on trips like white water rafting, etc.. i just heard from somewhere to chose your study group wisely pre MBA and what better way to get to know people before the actual cirriculum.

Good luck to all.

BTW student loans are very cumbersome :cry: and to top that tepper is mightYYY expensive :cry:

Ill see the admits at Tepper! AUG 2009 Cheers!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
eeter1, I am also an admitted R1 applicant and pretty sure about attending this fall. I dont think I can make the QSRP because of my job and family issues. Do you know where I can get access to the chat transcripts for admitted students?

Thanks a lot.

eeter1 wrote:
I want to wish good luck to all the r2 applicants. I've already sent tepper my admission fee to reserve my spot so im going for sure.

I can put myself into the r2 applicants shoes right now because as a R1 applicant I was very jittery before the decision also; I checked my email every day, and 3 days before the decision literally every 2 hrs! It can get to a person. Just relax and be calm and the best will come for all of us.

Other than that, after joining teppers 1st online admitted students chat i highly recommend the QSRP (Quantative skill review prep) (non graded) class even though I really do not need it and am very good at math its a great way to get to meet new students they go on trips like white water rafting, etc.. i just heard from somewhere to chose your study group wisely pre MBA and what better way to get to know people before the actual cirriculum.

Good luck to all.

BTW student loans are very cumbersome :cry: and to top that tepper is mightYYY expensive :cry:

Ill see the admits at Tepper! AUG 2009 Cheers!
Current Student
Send PM
azn,

Sup bro! Although I attended the chats I still can not locate the transcripts. It was done a completey different way. First, the chat consisted of 4 sub-chat rooms.

1. Talk with the Admissions Team (Default)
2. Talk with Current Students (My favorite)
3. Talk with the Recruitment Team
4. Talk with the Fin Aid office

You could only join one chat room at a time and people jumped from room to room to get virtually any question answered. We were in the Current Student's chat some guy was part time asked if he needed to sustain a job to stay in the program, they couldnt answer his question so he jumped to the Admissions Team chat got his question answered and then came back.

Umm, I do not think they have updated the transcripts though atm. I think your next bet is to log into the countdown website, on the right hand side navigation area click the link "tepper to do's" you can click on the hyperlink for 'attend tepper chats' and itll take you to a transcript page. A Direct link is. https://tepper.cmu.edu/mba/online-community/online-chat/online-chat-transcripts/index.aspx hope this helps!

BTW azn, if you cant join QSRP I seriously recommend joining the wine club, the alum had great admiration for the club and a great way to know people!

im still waiting on them to update the computer requirements cause paying 2200 for a laptop is ridiculous when I can get a top of the line dell for like 800-900! Or a nice Tablet HP! But being a tech school I heard they use a lot of programs that are costly like Parallels Control Panel embedded in their PC's so lets see..

If you need anything out there lemme know
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: General, Entrepreneurship
Schools:haas, stanford, sloan
Send PM
The CMU chats are available to admitted students via the countdown site. they are just PDFs with HTML tags embedded in them, so they are kinda hard to read, and about 2/3rds of the chats are banter, but i still found them valuable.
Current Student
Send PM
Anyone know about Tepper Kroll Background tests? My current work experience is fine, however, I think they will have a hard time getting information from my previous work experience.

I know everything on the app is fair game, but do they just check current work experience like Haas, CBS, or do they go deeper like Warton, Yale?
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks guys for the reply, found the chat and found them pretty interesting. Will definitely join the wine club. As far as background check goes, I think there was a thread on Kroll Background checks on here somehwhere... forgot where the thread was tho.
Current Student
Send PM
anyone give the deposit yet?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
 Q45  V41
Send PM
Just turned mine in yesterday! I'm still waiting on some later round decisions from other schools, but I'd be excited to be at Tepper :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Tepper '11
Send PM
I got an R3 interview, should be heading to Pittsburgh in about 2 weeks.

I have a question. For later rounds, is the interview highly selective? I am happy to visit but if it makes no difference, skype would be just as well.

Tepper's overall interview rate is about 65%. But I presume the majority of these are from the earlier rounds' self-initiated interviews. I'm guessing the later round interview rates are far lower? Any insight on this? Just trying to gauge my chances...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
From my visit and talking with students, the "interview invite" (I was invited to interview) IS a great sign and visiting also helps (I went there for the interview)!

Tarmac wrote:
I got an R3 interview, should be heading to Pittsburgh in about 2 weeks.

I have a question. For later rounds, is the interview highly selective? I am happy to visit but if it makes no difference, skype would be just as well.

Tepper's overall interview rate is about 65%. But I presume the majority of these are from the earlier rounds' self-initiated interviews. I'm guessing the later round interview rates are far lower? Any insight on this? Just trying to gauge my chances...
Current Student
Send PM
Hello -

Applied for the flex time Tepper program. R3 applicant.

low gmat - 580
decent GPA 3.4
5 years of work experience in teams + management role

got invited for an interview recently.

I believe it went well - what do you guys think my chances are?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 623 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBAapplicant wrote:
Hello -

Applied for the flex time Tepper program. R3 applicant.

low gmat - 580
decent GPA 3.4
5 years of work experience in teams + management role

got invited for an interview recently.

I believe it went well - what do you guys think my chances are?

dude, if they invited you for an interview, they're obviously interested. and if you think the interview went well, your guess about your chances is probably more accurate than anyone else's.
Current Student
Send PM
thanks.

I guess i'll just sit back and wait for their response. do you know of any % -ages released about how many applicants from whom they invited for an interview are accepted?

not the business week number of % of applicants admitted interviewed ..
basically % of applicants interviewed that are admitted

thanks for your help!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Tepper '11
Send PM
MBAapplicant wrote:
thanks.

basically % of applicants interviewed that are admitted

thanks for your help!

This number is largely meaningless for Tepper because their entire fall interview pool is mostly self-initiated (ton of interviewees with no chance), and Tepper doesn't release separate stats for each round.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tepper R2 Admits,
When were you notified of your admission status? Was it before or after the schools official R2 notification deadline? Also, were you contacted by phone or email?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10