GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Jul 2020, 22:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: Class of 2023 (2021 Intake)!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 650 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.2
WE: Military Officer (Aerospace and Defense)
Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: Class of 2023 (2021 Intake)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 01:37
I thought I'd get this thread started since the Columbia application will be live in June, and those shooting for the early decision might like to get started early.

I am happy to collaborate and bounce of ideas for a strong application; let's not do this in a vacuum! Join CBS Chatgroup

Columbia MBA Deadlines

Application DeadlineNotification
Early DecisionOct 2, 2020Rolling
Final/Regular decisionApr 9, 2021Rolling

Columbia Essays

Essay #1: Through your resume and recommendations, we have a clear sense of your professional path to date. What are your career goals over the next 3 - 5 years and what, in your imagination, would be your long-term dream job? (500 words)

Essay #2: Why do you feel Columbia Business School is a good fit for you? (250 Words)

Essay #3: Tell us about your favorite book, movie, or song and why it resonates with you. (250 Words)
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: Class of 2023 (2021 Intake)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 02:07
Thank you MilitaryPilot for starting this thread already. Great to see you taking this initiative. I have also added a CBS chat group link to your post.

We also have a chat group for Class of 2023 applicants here https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?room_id=50050083 and GRE test-takers here https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?room_id=50050089
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: Class of 2023 (2021 Intake)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 05:57
Yes I absolutely recommend that you switch to the GRE at this time, because they have a whiteboard available.

As I understand is a lot of pressure on the GMAC to make a whiteboard available but it's worthwhile for you to move forward now.

Manhattan GMAT has a mock exam on their site.

I have several candidates where they just could not crack the GMAT and they switched to the GRE, and even without any further preparation they just aced it. and went on to Wharton, CBS, etc.

If anyone out there is considering the sunk-cost they've made it to the GMAT, and reluctant to switch, please give it yourself the chance to pivot so you can accelerate the timeline ob all of this.

You have more time to work on your essays and applications. The more time you have to work on your applications the better they will be and the better your odds will be, as well.

Posted from my mobile device
I get applicants into elite MBA programs. What has made me successful is the combination of my coaching, marketing and editing skills. I'm life coach - where the client's desire for a top MBA is the catalyst for their transformation.
Verified reviews posted on https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 08:47
workout wrote:
Thank you MilitaryPilot for starting this thread already. Great to see you taking this initiative. I have also added a CBS chat group link to your post.

We also have a chat group for Class of 2023 applicants here https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?room_id=50050083 and GRE test-takers here https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?room_id=50050089

Thanks for adding the chat groups!

Looking forward to learning from the community.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 08:49
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Yes I absolutely recommend that you switch to the GRE at this time, because they have a whiteboard available.

As I understand is a lot of pressure on the GMAC to make a whiteboard available but it's worthwhile for you to move forward now.

Manhattan GMAT has a mock exam on their site.

I have several candidates where they just could not crack the GMAT and they switched to the GRE, and even without any further preparation they just aced it. and went on to Wharton, CBS, etc.

If anyone out there is considering the sunk-cost they've made it to the GMAT, and reluctant to switch, please give it yourself the chance to pivot so you can accelerate the timeline ob all of this.

You have more time to work on your essays and applications. The more time you have to work on your applications the better they will be and the better your odds will be, as well.

Posted from my mobile device

Thank you for the reassurance!

Since my Verbal score is at 39 I do think GRE might be a good fit; GMAT with its online whiteboard just doesn't seem practical!

Moderators - Can we use this thread for evals as well??
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 12:15
MilitaryPilot wrote:

Moderators - Can we use this thread for evals as well??

MilitaryPilot

For profile evaluations, please use this topic. We don't want to mix profile evaluations with applicant questions :)

https://gmatclub.com/forum/fit-for-colu ... 44220.html

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2020, 11:00
From the PersonalMBACoach blog, I see that Columbia changed Essay 3 and kept Essay 1 and Essay 2 the same as last year.

Essay #1: Through your resume and recommendations, we have a clear sense of your professional path to date. What are your career goals over the next 3 - 5 years and what, in your imagination, would be your long-term dream job? (500 words)

Essay #2: Why do you feel Columbia Business School is a good fit for you? (250 Words)

Essay #3: Tell us about your favorite book, movie or song and why it resonates with you. (250 Words)

https://www.personalmbacoach.com/post/c ... -cbsessays
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2020, 07:21

CBS AdCom Live Q&A starts in 10 minutes

Join us for the Columbia AdCom Live Q&A session with Amanda Carlson, Assistant Dean of Admissions, at the MBA Spotlight MBA Fair
We are starting at 8:30 AM PST/11:30am ET

See you there!
GMAT Club Team
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: Class of 2023 (2021 Intake)!   [#permalink] 20 Jun 2020, 07:21

Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: Class of 2023 (2021 Intake)!

new topic post reply Update application status