Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:08 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing/Brand Management
Schools:University of Virginia 2012
GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V40
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 4.5 years litigation consulting
WE 2: 9 months non-profit/health insurance
WE 3: 5 months high-tech
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:Darden - IN One for One!
Send PM
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink]
the acct module is very poorly formulated IMHO. I had trouble understanding some questions. I think it took me about 7 attempts to finally score 85%.

Anybode registered their uva email accts? I keep getting the page with 72 hour rule. I submitted my deposit last saturday and it was recorded on Monday. I guess there really is no hurry. I am just like a kid who is so excited and wants to play with every toy...
Current Student
Send PM
djkvakin wrote:
I am just like a kid who is so excited and wants to play with every toy...
You and me both. It's good though, to enjoy the prep process. Where do we sign up for PCAP, by the way?

Serious business aside, anyone else getting tickets for Muse on October 27th?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I'm planning to arrive mid-July since I'm an international and need to settle in. Definitely attending PCAP too.
To those who secured Ivy lease, how long did you have to wait to get your lease? Still no word on mine. Did you get your preferred move in dates?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Schools:Darden
Send PM
djkvakin wrote:
the acct module is very poorly formulated IMHO. I had trouble understanding some questions. I think it took me about 7 attempts to finally score 85%.

Anybode registered their uva email accts? I keep getting the page with 72 hour rule. I submitted my deposit last saturday and it was recorded on Monday. I guess there really is no hurry. I am just like a kid who is so excited and wants to play with every toy...

How do you register the UVA email account? I sent in my deposit check a few weeks ago. Thanks.

vanilla wrote:
I'm planning to arrive mid-July since I'm an international and need to settle in. Definitely attending PCAP too.
To those who secured Ivy lease, how long did you have to wait to get your lease? Still no word on mine. Did you get your preferred move in dates?

It took them a couple of weeks after I filled out the online application to send me the lease. I didn't get exactly the move-in date I wanted (It was a week earlier than my preferred date), but I did get the building/apartment type I asked for.
Current Student
Schools:Darden Class of 2012
Send PM
djkvakin wrote:
I like the idea of get together in the fall!
As far as finaid, I talked to Amanda Mills, and she said that all you have to do at the .gov site, is sign promissory notes, and the school will do the rest. I specifically asked her if I should apply for a PLUS loan on the site and she said NO. Now let's hope all the loans will go through.
I already secured the apartment in Ivy, so pretty excited about that.

Can you elaborate on the bolded part? She more or less told me the opposite when I spoke to her a few months ago.
Current Student
Send PM
EDIT: Nevermind, asked once already :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MichaelWeston wrote:
djkvakin wrote:
I like the idea of get together in the fall!
As far as finaid, I talked to Amanda Mills, and she said that all you have to do at the .gov site, is sign promissory notes, and the school will do the rest. I specifically asked her if I should apply for a PLUS loan on the site and she said NO. Now let's hope all the loans will go through.
I already secured the apartment in Ivy, so pretty excited about that.

Can you elaborate on the bolded part? She more or less told me the opposite when I spoke to her a few months ago.

She told me all you have to do is check whether or not you intend to take out PLUS loans on the SIS webpage (UVA page). On the.gov site she told me to just sign MPN for both sub/unsub and PLUS. There was a section of the site related to applying for PLUS loans and below is my communication with Amanda Mills:

Amanda -
Do I need to apply for the PLUS loan at the same place I sign MPN?
I was a little confused with the process.
Thanks,

On the UVA Financial Aid Application, on the Intent Page, you would have checked the box for a grad plus loan.

So at the .gov website I should just sign MPN for both Subsidized/Unsubsidized and Grad PLUS, right?

You are correct

I do have one more question. As a recipient of the loan I chose University of Virginia, is this correct? I didn't see Darden in the list.

Yes it is the University of Virginia

I hope it helps to sort out any possible confusion.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sprocket wrote:
djkvakin wrote:

How do you register the UVA email account? I sent in my deposit check a few weeks ago. Thanks.

Go to your checklist, and then under activate an email account portion you would see the link with instructions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I attempted to create my Darden email address by clicking the link in the checklist. I followed the steps and went through the tutorial and exam. At the end of it, I received a UVA email and not a Darden email.. I'm confused. Are we supposed to have both? How do we get the Darden email?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
vanilla wrote:
I attempted to create my Darden email address by clicking the link in the checklist. I followed the steps and went through the tutorial and exam. At the end of it, I received a UVA email and not a Darden email.. I'm confused. Are we supposed to have both? How do we get the Darden email?

I believe you get a generic UVA email first (comprised of random characters) and then later we'll receive a Darden email that's basically your name @darden.uva.edu or something if I recall correctly.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks ACNguy!
So no action for us yet to activate the Darden email right? Just making sure I'm not missing out any steps :)

ACNguy wrote:
vanilla wrote:

I believe you get a generic UVA email first (comprised of random characters) and then later we'll receive a Darden email that's basically your name @darden.uva.edu or something if I recall correctly.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
djkvakin wrote:
Go to your checklist, and then under activate an email account portion you would see the link with instructions.

I don't have a computing ID to sign up for the email :( Do other round 2 applicants have a computing ID yet? If you do, how did you go about getting one? Thanks!
Current Student
Send PM
Sprocket wrote:
djkvakin wrote:

I don't have a computing ID to sign up for the email :( Do other round 2 applicants have a computing ID yet? If you do, how did you go about getting one? Thanks!

I definitely do, as should everyone else by now, I'd imagine. It's a five-character (if memory serves) login that you use for the website on which you fill out your financial aid info for Darden.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
20lvo wrote:
I definitely do, as should everyone else by now, I'd imagine. It's a five-character (if memory serves) login that you use for the website on which you fill out your financial aid info for Darden.

Was the computing ID emailed to you automatically or did you have to ask for it? Thanks.
Current Student
Send PM
Sprocket wrote:
20lvo wrote:

Was the computing ID emailed to you automatically or did you have to ask for it? Thanks.

It was e-mailed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
20lvo wrote:
It was e-mailed.

Thanks 20lvo! I just sent admissions an email asking them what's up.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have we seen any movement on the R3 front? I haven't heard a thing.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60  ...  64