Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: GLOBASE Leadership Team Member (Global Business, Social Enterprise)
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Supply Chain & Operations
WE 1: 4 years, nonprofit administration
WE 2: Internship: Cummins, Inc.
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Tuck Class of 2012
Send PM
Current Student
Schools:Tuck 2012
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink]
ezekiel2517 wrote:
Does Tuck follow the Wharton-Booth model of calling maybe one day before the decision release date, or is there a chance of hearing back much before the R1 Feb 5 decision date?

During Early Action, they started the calls on Monday (notification date was Friday), but I didn't get mine until Tuesday. So I was basically panicking until I got the call on Tuesday, because I was worried all the calls had been made. No idea whether they will do the same for later rounds, but to avoid undue panicking, you might want to avoid the boards that week!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy
Send PM
Solid advice from a fellow New Yorker.
R1 decision week was hell, waiting on Wharton and Booth (and getting dinged from both).
Current Student
Send PM
ezekiel2517 wrote:
R1 decision week was hell, waiting on Wharton and Booth (and getting dinged from both).

Yeah, I could not agree more. Fortunately I got the call from Tuck an hour and a half before my (anticipated and in some ways welcome) ding from HBS. It would have been a lot more painful going through all my dings/WLs without knowing I had the offer from Tuck. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Tuck (accepted R2), HBS, Sloan (rejected R2), Darden
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Just joined gmat club, applied to Tuck Round 2
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Funny thing happened today... I was sitting at office... Some one called me on my VoIP and it happened to be a wrong number... later when i checked the caller id, it was a +1603 number...

If it were Feb 5 or that week, i can't imagine what my reaction would be :-D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
 Q45  V42
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
hey all..jus joined gmatclub...i am international applicant frm mumbai, india...submitted app in nov round on 11th Nov...rcd an i/v invite on 15th dec..completed telephonic i/v with 2nd yr student on 3rd jan..

my profile > 50 months work ex in banking (on matriculation), 720 (Q45, V42), 6 months intl work ex, avg undergrad gpa in commerce (not comparable on 4.0 scale), excellent extracurrics in undergrad - decent post undergrad

gl to all fellow applicants n hope to stay in touch throughout the process

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 262 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
I just logged into my application account and I see a new line Item:

Application Status: Completed on (Date and Time from last week)

-- What does this mean? I am assuming that the admission committee has completed review of my application...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
agnok wrote:
I just logged into my application account and I see a new line Item:

Application Status: Completed on (Date and Time from last week)

-- What does this mean? I am assuming that the admission committee has completed review of my application...

I've been seeing that for a long time now.. ever since i submitted my application... i submitted my application for R1

@Agnok: are you an R2 applicant?

Thanks
ak
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 262 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
activearun wrote:
[

I've been seeing that for a long time now.. ever since i submitted my application... i submitted my application for R1

Thanks
ak

I submitted on Jan 5 and that line item was not existent... When I logged in last monday Jan 11 nothing was there.. today Jan 22 I saw that line item.. Hence I assume they use it for status updates.. Any one has more information?

Oh there is already a line item that shows Application status: submitted (date and Time)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Applied to November round as well. I visited the campus and really loved it. Good luck to all of us!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA L3 Candidate
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
agnok wrote:
activearun wrote:
[

Thanks
ak

I submitted on Jan 5 and that line item was not existent... When I logged in last monday Jan 11 nothing was there.. today Jan 22 I saw that line item.. Hence I assume they use it for status updates.. Any one has more information?

Oh there is already a line item that shows Application status: submitted (date and Time)

Hi, I submitted mine on the 5th as well. My status changed to completed last week some time. I think it just means that your application has all of the necessary components to begin review. (I think this because below the "completed" status, the other components of the application are listed.)

I'm sure they haven't finished reviewing yet. I know Tuck and all other schools look very closely at every applicant. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Was just poking around facebook and noticed the "Tuck Class of 2012" group has 110 members! Presumably those are all EA admits that will make up almost half the class, is that right? Or are there faculty and staff that are members of that group as well? Am I totally paranoid? Probably...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GordonBombay wrote:
Was just poking around facebook and noticed the "Tuck Class of 2012" group has 110 members! Presumably those are all EA admits that will make up almost half the class, is that right? Or are there faculty and staff that are members of that group as well? Am I totally paranoid? Probably...

GordonBombay, you only need one admit. Let there be 110 folks from EA round. Tuck offers around 240 spots in its class which leaves another 130 spots for us. You seem to have a strong profile. You've done your job so far to your best and therefore no point in getting paranoid over certain facts unless you could control that ... let's "peacefully" wait till the week of Feb 5.

<PS: Action: Select all from the text above, replace you by I. Message is the same for me as well).

Thanks
ak

Originally posted by activearun on 24 Jan 2010, 15:43.
Last edited by activearun on 24 Jan 2010, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
GordonBombay wrote:

You are paranoid! The EA round is the smallest round of the four rounds. From what I've heard applications are down slightly this year.

Tuck has a yield of around 60%, so there will be around 400 people admitted this year. I would guess that maybe 75 or so people were admitted in EA. Still plenty of room for the second and third round. The fourth round is extremely difficult to get accepted in.

RF
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Fair points.

I'm actually a January round applicant, so I've got a little bit longer to wait and a little bit more of a challenge to get in, statistically speaking.

Is anyone a member of that group on fbook? Is at all students or are faculty and staff part of it as well?

As they say, "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong."
Current Student
Send PM
GordonBombay wrote:
Is anyone a member of that group on fbook? Is at all students or are faculty and staff part of it as well?

I'm in the group. There are a few faculty members, but it's largely admits. That said, just because someone is in the group doesn't necessarily mean they will end up accepting Tuck's offer. Some may have turned it down but not left the group, and some may withdraw to accept spots in other schools' classes. I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Received my interview invitation -R2!!!!! I am soooo happy!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  32