Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy Consulting
Schools:Tuck, UCLA, Tepper, Oxford, Rotman
 Q50  V38
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: IT Consulting
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship, High Tech
Schools:HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology
Schools:Berkeley-Haas MBA
WE 1: Investment Management (fund of funds)
WE 2: Private Equity ($2bn generalist fund)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants [#permalink]
In the spirit of thanksgiving, my recommenders received an email from Rod Garcia thanking them for putting in a reco. I'm guessing I'm not alone?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
latammc wrote:
I was at Sloan 2 weeks ago and the adcom mentioned that they will release their interview invites in December mostly as they do the interviews themselves and they are planning trips to hub cities so they can cover everything before Feb 2.

I am from Latin America and they mentioned that interviews over here would be around first or second week of January

I'm located in Boston, so they don't need to do any trip planning if they want to interview me. Wish they'd let me know early. I'm just a little anxious. OK, uber anxious.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Wharton (R1, accepted with fellowship), MIT Sloan (R1, accepted), HBS (R1, ding w/o interview), GSB (R2, accepted)
GMAT 3: 750
Send PM
Yes one of my recommenders received a thank you email from Rod as well (but not the other, at least as far as I know?)

Does it mean anything? If it is an automated email, shouldn't everyone receive one?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
count me in for r1!

latammc wrote:
I have applied in R1 please include me in the roll page.

I was at Sloan 2 weeks ago and the adcom mentioned that they will release their interview invites in December mostly as they do the interviews themselves and they are planning trips to hub cities so they can cover everything before Feb 2.

I am from Latin America and they mentioned that interviews over here would be around first or second week of January
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
I know some schools weigh the GMAT very heavily, especially those looking to move up in the rankings. What are your thoughts on MIT? Are they the same too?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Stanford(R2), Haas(R1-WL), Kellog(R1 Accepted), MIT(R1-dinged), Ross(R1-WL but declined)
 Q49  V41
Send PM
JordinT wrote:
Yes one of my recommenders received a thank you email from Rod as well (but not the other, at least as far as I know?)

Does it mean anything? If it is an automated email, shouldn't everyone receive one?

One of my recommenders just told me that he received a thank you email from the school as well. I wasn't able to
ask my other recommender if he had received on also and I am also extremely curious if whether this means anything. I'm a reapplicant and I don't think anything like this went out last year.
Manager
Manager
Schools:HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Looking4MBA wrote:
JordinT wrote:

One of my recommenders just told me that he received a thank you email from the school as well. I wasn't able to
ask my other recommender if he had received on also and I am also extremely curious if whether this means anything. I'm a reapplicant and I don't think anything like this went out last year.

One of my recommenders told me today "I received an email from MIT" which I assumed was the thank you email everybody is talking about...Hopefully it means an invite. I got really impressed by Sloan so I a would be really excited to go there...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
latammc wrote:
Looking4MBA wrote:
JordinT wrote:

One of my recommenders told me today "I received an email from MIT" which I assumed was the thank you email everybody is talking about...Hopefully it means an invite. I got really impressed by Sloan so I a would be really excited to go there...

My recommender forwarded the thank you emial she received from Rod as well. Sounds like an auto-email to me?? but hopefully it translates to an interview invite..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Tech Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS, Sloan, Columbia, Stern, Tuck
 Q50  V44
Send PM
i haven't heard anything about this email, maybe i will ask my recommenders next week if they got it.

if not, i guess i will hope its the opposite. maybe the email implies a ding and the thank you is intended to soften the blow, and a lack of email implies an interview invite :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Stanford(R2), Haas(R1-WL), Kellog(R1 Accepted), MIT(R1-dinged), Ross(R1-WL but declined)
 Q49  V41
Send PM
JordinT wrote:

Hey JordinT, was the recommender who received the thank you mail an alumnus and the other who didn't not an alumnus.

I'm just guessing if the thank you mail was automatically sent to alumni recommenders.
My recommender who received the email is an alumni.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Looking4MBA wrote:
JordinT wrote:

Hey JordinT, was the recommender who received the thank you mail an alumnus and the other who didn't not an alumnus.

I'm just guessing if the thank you mail was automatically sent to alumni recommenders.
My recommender who received the email is an alumni.

mine was not an alum
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
my recommender got one too.......my app is a bit poop so it must be an automated one. :P
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Both of my recommenders (non-MIT alumni) received the email, and received on two different days. Interestingly, although the content essentially is the same between the two emails, the exact wording is slightly different, so it's for sure not an automated mass email - but not clear as to what this suggests.

Just to provide more information to those who are curious about it...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Sloan '15 (D)
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Hi all, I'm new to the MIT Sloan group here. I'd like to be added if possible for R1. I am a reapplicant and crossing my fingers this year. One of my recommenders also received this thank you email. Not really sure what to think of it. Perhaps it's just a sign of courtesy and a way to stand out among MBA programs.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
My boss just forwarded me the thank-you email from Rod. The original email was dated November 25. I'm thinking this is probably an auto email. Did anyone not receive it? My boss is not an alum.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Wharton (R1, accepted with fellowship), MIT Sloan (R1, accepted), HBS (R1, ding w/o interview), GSB (R2, accepted)
GMAT 3: 750
Send PM
nope, not an Alum
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg Wharton
 Q51  V41
Send PM
The email is sent to every recommender. A nice touch, and definitely not typed out by a human.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  45