Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:32 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entertainment & Media
Schools:USC (in!!!), NYU (Waitlist)
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! [#permalink]
javatheboxer wrote:
silverdana wrote:
javatheboxer wrote:
It doesn't look good. Anyone on the wait list send additional information?

Who did you email? Every time I email the adcom they never respond. I send them an update but they never replied. Should I send it to the general email account?

@jonky - Well...chances are, you aren't gonna get the outright admit (though I suppose it's still possible - gotta love the unpredictability of it all, right?) But, you could still get waitlisted. I didn't find out that I had been put on the waitlist until the decision deadline, which for R3 is still a couple weeks away, right?

@java - I called the day of the notification just to speak with someone in person and let them know I was interested in remaining on the waitlist (4/1) The woman in the office took down my name. Then, the following Monday (4/4) I contacted my interviewer directly to touch base with her and let her know I am still interested in USC. Then, the following Monday (4/11) I submitted a supplemental essay that basically reaffirmed why I still want to go to USC and further expanded on how I plan to use the Marshall MBA in furtherance of my career goals. And...I contacted everyone I know with ANY ties to USC that I could possibly think of. I haven't really heard a peep back from USC tho, except a brief note thanking my for my essay of continued interest (4/12). I also just got a new job, so I plan to write the AdCom at some point this week to send in an updated resume and brief job description. ...wow, now that I write it all out I am worried about overkill...kinds seems like I am a USC stalker :roll:

Yes, I just sent the essay to the main AdCom mailbox. And that is where I plan to send my updated resume as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Has anyone who was accepted contacted Admissions about receiving a fellowship (if one was not included in the admit package)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
njmbaapplicant wrote:
Has anyone who was accepted contacted Admissions about receiving a fellowship (if one was not included in the admit package)?

If one was not included in the package, then you will not get one for the 1st year at all. At least, that's what I was told by the staff.
But you can always try to get a really high year 1 GPA and do a lot of ECs to get a half-tuition fellowship for the 2nd year.

Just make sure you have a lot of cash stowed away for these upcoming 2 years to pay a 2nd mortgage, especially since Marshall tuition is one of the most expensive, if not already (plus the high LA living costs and parking permit/driving costs). During admit weekend, I like how the student ambassador mentioned the required PRIME trip only costs about $3k-$4K (for ~just 10 days!!) and "you won't even notice it since it just gets rolled into your 2nd semester tuition." :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools:USC Marshall School of Business
GPA: 2.9
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Send PM
Just close your eyes and take it. :twisted:

KSilver2000 wrote:
njmbaapplicant wrote:

If one was not included in the package, then you will not get one for the 1st year at all. At least, that's what I was told by the staff.
But you can always try to get a really high year 1 GPA and do a lot of ECs to get a half-tuition fellowship for the 2nd year.

Just make sure you have a lot of cash stowed away for these upcoming 2 years to pay a 2nd mortgage, especially since Marshall tuition is one of the most expensive, if not already (plus the high LA living costs and parking permit/driving costs). During admit weekend, I like how the student ambassador mentioned the required PRIME trip only costs about $3k-$4K (for ~just 10 days!!) and "you won't even notice it since it just gets rolled into your 2nd semester tuition." :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone who's been accepted received a second package from USC. I was accepted for round 1 in February and received the original welcome binder package, but I just received an email from DHL saying that USC has just sent me something else that's in transit. I'm out of the country for the next month and a half and I want to make sure it's not something important.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abmmba wrote:
Hi all,

I'm a round 3 applicant anxiously awaiting some type of news. Has everyone that received a video invite submitted their video? Does anyone know if notifications for round 3 applicants come out on a certain day, or is it more of a rolling notification system...?

Good luck to everyone!

Just had my interview this week via skype. She told me that they will send out notifications all on the same day, and she made it sound like it would actually be on the 15th, which is the published notification date.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbaapplicantsc wrote:
Late last week, I received an email from USC requesting a recorded video interview. I haven't heard anything else.

Hi mbaapplicantsc, did you send out your Video Interview yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone heard from the waitlist yet? May 1st was the deposit deadline (I think), so hopefully there will be some movement this week...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi CyberC1, I am in the same position with you. How did you decide bw USC and GT?
GT seems to have a stronger global brand. But USC is ranked higher wrt MBA program.
:?

CyberC1 wrote:

KSilver2000 wrote:
njmbaapplicant wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
silverdana wrote:
Has anyone heard from the waitlist yet? May 1st was the deposit deadline (I think), so hopefully there will be some movement this week...

same here!! still waiting and hoping to hear from them soon!! :roll:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For all those on the waitlist:

I contacted admissions about getting an extension on the deposit. They said that submitting the deposit only guarantees a spot and that spots remain open generally through the month of May. So I would expect to see some movement from the waitlist towards the end of this month. Good luck!

(That being said, I sent my deposit it on May 1.)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Technology, Digital Media
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
wwcmocha wrote:
Hi CyberC1, I am in the same position with you. How did you decide bw USC and GT?
GT seems to have a stronger global brand. But USC is ranked higher wrt MBA program.

Hey Mocha,

I made the same decision between Gtown and Marshall. A number of things made my decision easier:

1) As you mentioned, the ranking. It's going to mean higher starting salary, better recruiting, etc.
2) More in line with what I'm looking for. USC has entire concentrations focused on technology (which is what I want to study). When I asked our Georgetown guide what they offered in the technology track, he said, "well, we have this one class..." Not very good.
3) The location. Come on, it's southern California! I've lived in DC for 7 years, and I can't wait to get out of here.
4) The environment. Being in southern CA, things are more casual. Polo shirts and jeans are about the most formal you'll need in class, I hear. When I went to Georgetown, there were far more khakis, button down shirts, and blazers. I don't really want to go to school in a business outfit. But that's just me, maybe others are different.
5) It may not apply to you, but Marshall offered me a 100% tuition fellowship. So at that point, it was an obvious choice. But even if I hadn't gotten the fellowship, I would have gone to SC.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone received anything after submitting the deposit?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anybody heard anything regarding financial aid for R2 admitted students?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools:USC Marshall School of Business
GPA: 2.9
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Send PM
Sorry - Should've responded earlier...

Basically it came down to the fact that I wanted to be in California/Pacific Rim over the long-term. I'm living in D.C. now and am fairly confident that if I wanted to come back and work in D.C. I could do it. I don't think that I'll be able to move to California that easily after Georgetown though. Combine that with a fairly respected entrepreneurship program at USC made it a no-brainer for me.

wwcmocha wrote:

CyberC1 wrote:

KSilver2000 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, anyone heard from USC MBA.pm R3 (Apr 1 App deadline) ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So I guess its gotta be either today, tomorrow or Friday, huh? Just want the wait to be over with at this point.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts