GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 07:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IMD MBA January 2020 waitlisted applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all IMD MBA January 2020 waitlisted applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2019, 22:35
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2019, 22:43
Hello IMD Aspirants. Just started a new thread for all the wait-listed Applicants at IMD Jan 2020.The wait is getting longer and tougher for me as it was my top choice college. Any idea when should we expect an update from them? I was told in email to wait till September 30.

Please feel free to post updates and how are you faring.

Just in case you might be interested- Indian/9 yrs exp/last 3 years in US and couple of Months in Europe before/GMAT 690/ Cloud and ERP technologies implementation/ worked with clients in BFS,Health care, Retail and Luxury Industries.
HEC & IMD School Moderator
S
Concentration: General Management, Operations
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all IMD MBA January 2020 waitlisted applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2019, 03:04
Hi,
Thank you for making a new thread. You must wait till the date given to you. What about your plan B?
Which other schools you applied for and what's the status on them? I wish you all the best for IMD :)

LekkerBru wrote:
Hello IMD Aspirants. Just started a new thread for all the wait-listed Applicants at IMD Jan 2020.The wait is getting longer and tougher for me as it was my top choice college. Any idea when should we expect an update from them? I was told in email to wait till September 30.

Please feel free to post updates and how are you faring.

Just in case you might be interested- Indian/9 yrs exp/last 3 years in US and couple of Months in Europe before/GMAT 690/ Cloud and ERP technologies implementation/ worked with clients in BFS,Health care, Retail and Luxury Industries.

"Nobody can predict your chances of admit unless you apply"
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2019, 10:38
Hi sjas31,

Thanks for your message. I researched many colleges but IMD is the only college that fits my expectations from MBA.

Don’t have any plan B. in case I don’t make this year, I might reapply again next year with a better GMAT score to IMD again.

Posted from my mobile device
S

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2019, 12:11
Hi,
IMD is an amazing school. I am sure that 690 GMAT score is not the point to hold you. Believe me. Increasing it further will be good but not the changing point. They care most about Leadership.

There can be various possibilities to wait list but I think there would be too many Indian applicants :) They generally admit approx. 9-10 only :)

Did you attended the Campus? :)

I don't want you to apply next year :) Hope you will get this time. If you get unlucky, please keep in touch. I will apply in Feb 20 :)

LekkerBru wrote:
Hi sjas31,

Thanks for your message. I researched many colleges but IMD is the only college that fits my expectations from MBA.

Don’t have any plan B. in case I don’t make this year, I might reapply again next year with a better GMAT score to IMD again.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2019, 12:35
Hi Jasmeet,

Thanks for your message and encouragement. Yes you are right that IMD is highly selective and the Indian factor plays against you sometimes. I did not go to Laussane because IMD came to New York for assessment. I have been waiting for MBA for a long time and want to do it from my dream college. IMD course curriculum is really special and is a once in a life time transformational learning experience.. The guys i met during assessment day were having various different background, were from different countries and were super talented. 6 out of 7 of our assessment day batch were offered a place and I was the waitlisted one :-( That's how wonderful our batch was :-)

I hope to get admitted this year and thank you for wishes. I also wish you all the best for your application. Lets stay in touch.

Regards
S

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2019, 12:50
Hi,
Thank you for the wishes. Hope you will get an admit soon.

IMD has a small campus near a beautiful lake. There is a separate building for the executive MBA and short management courses in which senior management people come. Once admit, you will get the chance to network with everyone and also if they are on campus for guest lecture or short course. Every year, they make a 'Magical 90' student file mentioning their professional details and share with the networking companies.

Lunch is free and delicious with varieties every day :)
They followed the same trek this year like last year. US-China-Ireland.

Thanks once again :)

LekkerBru wrote:
Hi Jasmeet,

Thanks for your message and encouragement. Yes you are right that IMD is highly selective and the Indian factor plays against you sometimes. I did not go to Laussane because IMD came to New York for assessment. I have been waiting for MBA for a long time and want to do it from my dream college. IMD course curriculum is really special and is a once in a life time transformational learning experience.. The guys i met during assessment day were having various different background, were from different countries and were super talented. 6 out of 7 of our assessment day batch was offered a place and i was the waitlisted one. Thats how wonderful our batch was.

I hope to get admitted this year and thank you for your wishes. I also wish you all the best for your application. Lets stay in touch.

Regards

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2019, 13:00
ohh yes.. IMD has everything you would like to have at your disposal during MBA. The elective 20 sessions of Psycoanalytical coaching stood out for me.They don't have crowd of MBA aspirants with multiple batches a year. its just one batch of 90 each year with 2:1 student to teacher ratio. This means IMD is going to focus on you and only you for one full year.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 08:56
Hello Guys,

Did anybody get any confirmation on the IMD waitlist. Any updates? I know that have already started send offers for R3 applicants.

Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD '21 (WL)

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2019, 12:50
LekkerBru wrote:
Hello Guys,

Did anybody get any confirmation on the IMD waitlist. Any updates? I know that have already started send offers for R3 applicants.

Hi LekkerBru,

have you heard something from IMD? Should they answer all waitlisted applicants up to 30/09?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2019, 13:46
Not yet. But I came to know that the last date for R3 selected candidates to confirm is 27th

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all IMD MBA January 2020 waitlisted applicants   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2019, 13:46

Calling all IMD MBA January 2020 waitlisted applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sjas31