Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Kellogg, Tuck, Ross, Duke, ISB
 Q51  V42
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Calling ISB 2012 Applicants - Let's Roll [#permalink]
Dear All,

We are happy to be the first to present to you the much awaited placement statistics for the ISB batch of 2010.

https://www.thinkisb.com/blog/2010/06/15 ... s-of-2010/

ThinkISB

EMAIL: contact@thinkisb.com
PHONE: +91 9010917222 / 9010918222

Read our blog: https://www.thinkisb.com/blog
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thinkisb
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thinkisb
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
bigoyal wrote:
Essay 1
If we were to admit one more student to the class of 2012, make a compelling argument as to why that student should be you? (300 words max)

Essay 2
What are your short term and long term goals? How will the ISB help you achieve the same? (300 words max)

Essay 3
Please provide additional information, that will significantly affect the consideration of your application to the ISB. (300 words max)

Hi bi..

Is there any additional essay for the reapplicant junta?

Cheers,
Sidzzzzzzzz.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I have 6 years experience in IT industry...Will it be possible for me to get MBA(in entrepreneurship) in ISB?

I have one more question.

Are the Entrepreneurship MBA graduates eligible for placements? If so , in what industry they have more chances?

Please give your ideas and suggestions.

Thanks,
Raju
Send PM
tiruraju wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have 6 years experience in IT industry...Will it be possible for me to get MBA(in entrepreneurship) in ISB?

I have one more question.

Are the Entrepreneurship MBA graduates eligible for placements? If so , in what industry they have more chances?

Please give your ideas and suggestions.

Thanks,
Raju

Dear tiruraju,

You definitely can get an MBA in entrepreneurship. The stream has very interesting subjects.

Yes, entrepreneurship graduates are eligible for placements. But you have to ask yourself, if you are going for an MBA in entrepreneurship, why placements? Any company will ask this.

There are answers for this question too but befor I write something, you have to clarify why entrepreneurship. At least you have to be clear about that.

ThinkISB

EMAIL: contact@thinkisb.com
PHONE: +91 9010917222 / 9010918222

Read our blog: https://www.thinkisb.com/blog
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thinkisb
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thinkisb
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Supply Chain Management, Consulting
Schools:ISB, Nanyang, Michigan-Ross, MIT-LGO
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
Hi Friends!
I will also be applying to R1 :)

I'm giving GMAT in the end of July '10.
I'm a mech engineer with 2 yrs of experience in supply chain with a reputed manufacturing firm.
Though my experience is on the lower side i'm still going to give it my best shot :)

Regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Full Time - LBS, IESE, ESADE. Part Time - Haas, UCLA
GPA: 3.51
WE 1: MS Electrical Engineering, private univ in California
WE 2: Software Developer, Tech Giant in Silicon Valley
Send PM
Me too applying for Rd1, and suffering a bad case of writer's block !! damn the essays !! goodluck everyone !! hope we all can make it !!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Guys,

Please lend me your thought on this...

I am currently working on essay 1 ie: "If we were to admit one more student to the class of 2012, make a compelling argument as to why that student should be you? (300 words max)"

My thoughts about handling this essay is to showcase one's diversity to the adcom at personal, academic and work experience level. My hobbies include, engaging myself in lots of water sports/activities eg: snorkeling, kayaking, rafting, planning to learn scuba diving. It may sound lame, but can I risk to project my hobbies in Essay 1. Does it make compelling argument? I am not able to put in such a way that it looks compelling.

I can fill the essay with some significant challenges I have taken at my work, but I don't want to sound monotonous. Even my resume will highlight the same. details. My GMAT score is decent enough and so is my quant score which is 98 pc +. But I am not comfortable in highlighting the details which already appear in my app.

All the guys who are done or in the process of building essays, please drop some hints.

I am totally confused, but I gotta finish this one....

All my friends are out enjoying the summer..and I am breaking my head over these essays :(.....GMAT prep looks much easier now..

--Sid
Send PM
Dear Friends,

Please go through our latest blog post about 10 tips for a good B School application.

https://www.thinkisb.com/blog/2010/06/29 ... plication/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi guys...i'm new on this forum so just a debrief about myself....a Chemical Engineer having 4 yrs of work experience in Financial Advisory Services practice of a Big 4 firm...prior to that worked for a year in my father's business....given gmat thrice already highest score among them has been 680(Q48 V35) which ws my last attempt.....dont intend giving it a fourth time as I will be missing the first deadline of ISB...any comments on my chances for admission
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: IT Consultancy
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Send PM
Hi
I hope everyone is coming for the chat.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello friends.....i know it is little off track, but need some help at this point of time. I am going to take my GMAT on 3rd august and hoping to apply for isb-2011-12 class. I,m sure about ISb but i,m not sure about which other colleges i should send my score. I understand that it depends upon my profile and my preferences. But i have not done any research on this aspect and now i don't have much time also. so if some of you here would be able to spare some time and give me some kind of list. i will be very thankful to all of you.
I have 7 yrs of experience as a mechanical design engineer and i am getting 710-730 in different GMAT tests. Thank you.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: IT Consultancy
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Send PM
jeet19vir wrote:
Hello friends.....i know it is little off track, but need some help at this point of time. I am going to take my GMAT on 3rd august and hoping to apply for isb-2011-12 class. I,m sure about ISb but i,m not sure about which other colleges i should send my score. I understand that it depends upon my profile and my preferences. But i have not done any research on this aspect and now i don't have much time also. so if some of you here would be able to spare some time and give me some kind of list. i will be very thankful to all of you.
I have 7 yrs of experience as a mechanical design engineer and i am getting 710-730 in different GMAT tests. Thank you.

With 7 yrs of exp you can apply in the IIMs 1 yr programs as well. You may find the below link useful:
indian-b-schools-accepting-gmat-scores-82525.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, projects
Schools:INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
GMAT 2: 680 GMAT 3: 720
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Send PM
any idea wat kinda weight age does ISB give to various aspects such as: GMAT/WE/Reco/Essay and specially essays, wat kinda prep one needs to do for that, some people are suggesting me to join a class for it...i don't thinks its required, after all essays should be natural right? any input what do the schools prefer? honesty or garnish
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, projects
Schools:INSEAD - dinged; IE-admit; ISB - admit; IIMB-admit; SPJain- admit; IIM C- Admit, IIM A - Dinged after interview. Finally joining IIM B
GMAT 2: 680 GMAT 3: 720
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 3
WE 2: 2
WE 3: 2
Send PM
Query for CRACKISB / THINK ISB and other helpful members...

a bit abt myself
M/ Indian/ 28 yrs age/ WE- 7.5 years ( 3 yrs ops; 1 yr EA to MD Hindalco; 1 Yr- R& D; 2.5 yrs- Metals projects/logistics)

GMAT 1 570 ( Q 44/ V 24) & GMAT 2 680 ( Q 47/ V 37) - within a span of 40 days latest GMAT on 14th july.

I am just too keen on ISB. My questions:
1 ) What factors should i highlight in my appl
2) Is a ops/project- greenfield exp a rarity?
3) How crucial are recos and how crucial is the designation of person signing it
4) Can essays come from heart ; cos most essays i find as sample essays are pretty decorative
5) my chances?
Send PM
meghash3 wrote:
Query for CRACKISB / THINK ISB and other helpful members...

a bit abt myself
M/ Indian/ 28 yrs age/ WE- 7.5 years ( 3 yrs ops; 1 yr EA to MD Hindalco; 1 Yr- R& D; 2.5 yrs- Metals projects/logistics)

GMAT 1 570 ( Q 44/ V 24) & GMAT 2 680 ( Q 47/ V 37) - within a span of 40 days latest GMAT on 14th july.

I am just too keen on ISB. My questions:
3) How crucial are recos and how crucial is the designation of person signing it
4) Can essays come from heart ; cos most essays i find as sample essays are pretty decorative
5) my chances?

Dear meghash3,

Please find the answers to your queries;

The application is pretty exhaustive. It will ask you all possible information regarding your acads, work ex and extra currics. I can tell you what to put only if i have a complete idea of your profile.

Not a rarity, but definitely a plus. You can differentiate yourself much better.

Recos are used to get a better idea about the person. The application is something you draft. The LORs are something what others feel you are. There should be a sizable overlap between the two. The designation of the evaluator does not matter though. Choose people who know you well.

Essays are meant to be from the heart. But they have to be put forward in a presentable and professional manner.

5) my chances?
I need more info about your acads, projects, extra currics to do a brief profile eval.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Iam Niladri from West Bengal,India.Iam targeting the ISB,Hyderabad for the 1 year Executive program course.I have a 10 year work ex in Banks and NBFCs with my current assignment in Axis Bank in the Operations department as Deputy Manager.
I have completed my Post Graduation in Eco. and part time 3 year MBA course from IISWBM,Calcutta University.

Kindly help in analysing my profile for the ISB and what score do I have to target in the GMAT for having any realistic chance of getting through.

Thanks.

Niladri.
Send PM
Dear All,

Please go through our latest blog post on the Hottest of topics : Why MBA?

https://www.thinkisb.com/blog/2010/07/19/why-mba/
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts