Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 167 [4]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [3]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 2.66
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2217 [2]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling ISB 2012 Applicants - Let's Roll [#permalink]
Kudos
Was interviewed on 14th.. Reached Hyderabad one day early to visit campus and met a friend who is a current student. Was very impressed by the greenery and calm at ISB campus.. visited the rec centre etc, came back to hotel, ordered room service and relaxed.

Next day, my interview was slated to begin at 10.20 am.. Reported at 9 am and after some waiting, was given to write the short essay. My topic was "Sympathy". I was glad that I was not given topics such as "Tom Ting" and all that a batch had got a few days ago. There is still no concrete word on the purpose of the essay-- some say its to check spontaneity, others say its for the adcom to compare the writing style of the short essay and the application essay to see whether its the same person who's written both. I had that in mind and I kinda used similar sentence structures in the short essay as I had in my app essays..

Was called in for interview at 10.30. The panel consisted of two alums and ISB admissions director. Alum on the left started the conversation by asking me when I reached Hyderabad, which was kinda nice as it helped me relax a bit. Then they asked me about my organization structure and my role in the organization. Thereafter, there were questions mostly from my profile and whatever I had written in the essays. I was given a case study on Market Research. I think I could've done better here as I did not ask any questions on their expectations from the research- new market? new product? etc..

Then , standard questions- "Why MBA". I elaborated more on my short goals and how ISB will help fill in the gaps. I could not elaborate much on my long term goals though..

Thats it-- lasted around 35-40 minutes. Pretty standard questions. There was no grilling. Although there was a bit of cross questioning but I believe they just wanted to dig down deep into my profile. The panel did not give out any signs as to whether they liked my answers or not. So, I guess only time will tell if they did. Although I could not pitch in a couple of points that I wanted to, overall, I think the interview did not go very bad.

A couple of takeaways-- 1. Be extremely thorough with your profile, including dates and timelines. 2. Be confident and practice your answers to the standard questions beforehand. 3. Be ready to justify your career goals and ISBs role in it, especially if you plan to switch industries after your MBA.

Feel free to pm me if you want to know other specific details..
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: IT Consultancy
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Send PM
Kudos
strangebrew wrote:
btw, do you know how i can get the sample format for the recommendations? I want to see what kinda questions are being asked before i venture to talk to my potential recommenders.

Sign in to your application -> Evaluations -> Click Add (for one of the evaluators) -> Select Online and click on "Click here" to download the evaluation format.

Here are the questions for your reference:
1. Under what circumstances and for how long have you known the applicant? (50 words maximum)
2. Please rate the applicant's achievements when compared to those of his or her peers and mention the
reference group with which you are making these comparisons. (100 words maximum)
3. Please describe, in brief, situations where the applicant displayed signs of leadership abilities and team
skills. (200 words maximum)
4. Please mention two consistent strengths of the applicant and if possible provide instances where she/he
demonstrated these strengths. (200 words maximum)
5. Please indicate two areas where the applicant has shown learning and improvement which would add
value to his application to the ISB. (100 words maximum)
6. Please provide any other comments that you consider are relevant to the applicant's admission to the
ISB, especially regarding the applicant's career in business/management. (200 words maximum)
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Dear ManishS,

ISB would be interested in a profile like that of yours. And yes, the WCED is a great platform for budding entrepreneurs. The flagship Entrepreneurship Development Initiative (EDI) program started by WCED in 2009 has incubated 14 ventures by ISB alums. The support given by the school is really commendable.

As for the GMAT score try to get it above t least 650.

Team ThinkISB

EMAIL: contact@thinkisb.com
PHONE: +91 9010917222 / 9010918222

Read our blog: https://www.thinkisb.com/blog
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thinkisb
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thinkisb
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Kudos
mbarant wrote:
Hi bi..

Is there any additional essay for the reapplicant junta?

Cheers,
Sidzzzzzzzz.

Yeah there is one additional essay for reapplicants. The essay basically expects you to list down the changes in your profile since last year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.75
WE:General Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,

I've just started my application for ISB R1. Best of luck to all!
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

On 17th Jul 2010 we are planning to organize a Chat Session with ThinkISB, which is a team of ISB alumni as well. I'm sure it would be beneficial for all of us. We just chose 17th Jul since its a weekend and maximum number of applicants can participate. This chat session would be available on GMATClub chat.

Here is what we have in our mind currently:
1. A chat session of approx 1 hr, topic related to MBA admissions and ISB.
2. Timings - 10:00 am to 11:00 am.
3. The chat transcript will be saved and posted in this thread for future reference.
4. During chat, you can raise your queries (whatever it may be - admissions, profile, course, ISB campus etc etc) to thinkISB.

Please let me know what you think about it, your suggestions and comments are welcome. Let me know how can we make the chat more effective.

tc
Send PM
Kudos
praveenism wrote:
Hii Friends...

I just need your inputs regarding my application.

A brief of my Profile :
1) GMAT : 640 ( Q 50, V 27 ) ( :( Planning to retake GMAT on 18th Aug'10.)

2) Grad Edu : Mining Engineer, Indian School of Mines, 8.13 / 10 ,
4 Gold Medals, and 2 Research papers.

3) Work Ex : 3 years , Manager (Mining Operations), Tata Steel

Another point I need to discuss about which application phase to apply. Is there a remarkable difference between first phase of application and Second phase applications.

Thanks in advance for your reply.. :)

Hi praveenism,

There is no "remarkable" difference between round 1 and 2. We recommend that you apply whenever you think you are ready. Your undergrad performance is good, but your GMAT score is on the lower side. Your work-ex, just in terms of number of years is less than ISB's average. This should not be a matter of big concern though as quality (the level of maturity and responsibilities) matters more than quantity.

We can give a better perspective if we have more information about your profile. Do write to contact@thinkisb.com for more details.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
I am also in the same boat.. will be giving GMAT

ISB R2 deadline is Nov 15 I think..
Send PM
Kudos
jhkaas wrote:
Hi Bigoyal and ThinkISB,

Just took GMAT yesterday and recieved a score of 740 (Q50,V40).I've done B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Guwahati. But my weak point is that I've only 2yrs of work ex. Would a good score and IIT tag be enough to componsate a low work ex for admission into ISB? my brief profile is-

Graduation - Mechanical Engg. fom IIT Guwahati (2008 batch) - 7.48 CPI

Work ex - will be 2 years in August 2010.Working in a government maharatna PSU - NTPC Ltd. since last 2 yrs as a power engineer.Responsible for correct working of the power plant and for handling emergency situations and preventing the plant from tripping.

E.Cs - 2nd runner up at a Professional circle convention (a technical competition) at NTPC
One of the 5 core members of Publicity team of annual cultural fest at IIT Guwahati
Completed a mountaineering course with A grade

Interests - A very keen interest in philosophy, spirituality,thinking and deciding about the ethical ways of life and business/work

Hi jhkaas,

Your profile is fair-strong on the academic front. Your GPA is a bit low but that's ok. GMAT of 740 is good and that too from IIT Guwahati.

Your work-ex is on the lower side in terms of number of years. But if you had considerable achievements and can show remarkable work progression, the quantity can be compensated by your quality of experience.

Your extra curricular involvement seem strong and unique. This can turn out in your favor if used wisely in the application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy, Innovation
Schools:ISB,INSEAD,Yale,CMU,Darden,UNC
 Q47  V40
GPA: 3.35
WE 1: Mechanical Engineering - New Product Development (3 years)
WE 2: Market Research & Consulting (less than a year)
WE 3: Mechanical Engineering - New Product Development (2 years)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,
I got my interview call yesterday. I will be at ISB for my interview on Oct 9.
vishnupr
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy, Innovation
Schools:ISB,INSEAD,Yale,CMU,Darden,UNC
 Q47  V40
GPA: 3.35
WE 1: Mechanical Engineering - New Product Development (3 years)
WE 2: Market Research & Consulting (less than a year)
WE 3: Mechanical Engineering - New Product Development (2 years)
Send PM
Kudos
bigoyal wrote:
vishnupr wrote:
Hi,
I got my interview call yesterday. I will be at ISB for my interview on Oct 9.
vishnupr

Hi Vishnu,
How was your interview? Do share your exp.
Thanks,

I was interviewed by a panel consisting of 3 alums, 2 from the 2006 batch. The questions were about my resume, work experience, why MBA, why now, why ISB and how and why I wanted to do in my post-MBA career. They did point out that I didn't have enough experience. I am hopeful about my chances. There weren't any stress questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy
 Q50  V35 GMAT 2: 740  Q50  V40
WE 1: 4 years Software Product Development
WE 2: 3 years ERP Consulting
Send PM
Kudos
LEtranger wrote:
Any internationals Cycle 2 received interview calls yet?

I haven't heard of any one getting a call from international pool in a while. I had seen couple of international calls quite some time back on pagalguy. I am wondering if they would start flowing in once the domestic interviews are over.

Hoping for the best :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy
 Q50  V35 GMAT 2: 740  Q50  V40
WE 1: 4 years Software Product Development
WE 2: 3 years ERP Consulting
Send PM
Kudos
I will check and let you. AFAIK its for a current student but I think Alum also should work. I Have an exam today and tomorrow so would respond to you by saturday

-Arun
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 167 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
themangoman wrote:
talk2vj wrote:
I was wondering the same thing. It seems from the other forum, the interviews are underway. Just checking my emails now and then.

which forum is this? i couldn't find anything

https://www.pagalguy.com/forum/internati ... s-176.html
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Good News for those who will get admission. See below.

Hyderabad, October 11, 2011: The Indian School of Business (ISB) today announced the doubling of its scholarships from rupees 4 crores to rupees 8 crores for the incoming class of 2013. Through this increased outlay, one in every seven students studying at the school will receive scholarships of 25%-50% of the total tuition fee. The scholarships will be awarded on both merit and financial need basis to outstanding students, selected on the basis of exceptional academic and professional performance as well as personal qualities such as leadership, integrity, and community service. Speaking on the increase in scholarships, Deepak Chandra, Deputy Dean, ISB, said, “We take great pride in the diversity of our students. The doubling of our scholarship outlay reaffirms our commitment of grooming future leaders by opening gateways to world-class management education. We are confident that our efforts will continue to reap results in terms of attracting the best talent as well as strengthening the brand ISB.” Entrepreneurial support with ‘Develop India’ Scholarship In addition to the above mentioned scholarships, students who aspire to start their own ventures also get support through the ‘Develop India’ scholarship. These scholarships are offered to aspiring entrepreneurs whose ideas are being incubated under the Entrepreneurs Development Initiative (EDI) at the Wadhwani Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (WCED) of the ISB. The scholarships cover the students’ loan EMI amount up to a period of two years. Other Corporate ScholarshipsApart from the ISB scholarships, several organizations such as Citi Foundation, Novartis, IBF, Talentia, La Caixa and Casa Asia provide a wide array of merit and need-based scholarships. The Novartis scholarship is specifically offered to encourage women students from small towns, while the Citi Foundation scholarship has been one of the longest running scholarships being awarded at the school. Now in its tenth year, the ISB’s Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) is expanding to be delivered in two locations – Hyderabad and Mohali. The intake for the next class will be for a single programme, across the two campuses. The combined class size is expected to increase from 560 to 770. Following ISB’s unique portfolio faculty model, top visiting and resident faculty will impart cutting-edge management practices at both locations. The two campuses will operate as a unified entity, with the same commitment to world-class programme design and delivery, and by effecting a seamless integration through inter-campus exchanges and virtual connectivity. The Mohali campus will also house four institutes focusing on the areas of Public Policy, Healthcare, Manufacturing and Infrastructure Management. Admissions are now open for the Class of 2013.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
It went well, I think so. Most of the questions were from my job experience. I didn't face any generic questions such as why MBA or such. I was grilled hard on one question related to my achievement to which I gave my best shot ( though I was not prepared for it). My general advice is to be prepared for the generic questions but do not expect to hear a straight question. Understand your achievement - what it meant to you, did you learn something about yourself,etc. Retrospect to your projects and activities.

And wish me luck :-0
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Kudos
I got my admit too for Hyderabad campus. But, I am definitely going to do term exchange at Mohali, because its a great place to be. Don't know about ISB infrastructure though at Mohali.

@ mba4me2011: I would suggest contacting ISB regarding visa process. They should be able to help you with that or hook you up with someone from same experience. Right now, I think placement process would start. So, students might be busy.

mba4me2011 wrote:
Congratulations!!! I was looking at the faculty assigned to the two campuses. Looks like faculty from Kellogg and Wharton will be teaching core courses mostly at the Mohali campus. I'm pretty excited about that!

Any other thoughts on the Mohali campus?

Does any one know how the visa thing works for US citizens w/ PIO card?

ankitdixit wrote:
mba7hopeful wrote:
congrats to everyone who got an offer. I got one too :D (int'l - foreign pp holder)

Even I haven't seen any info about scholarship - might email/call them to find out about that.

Hboo - I suggest calling them about extending that 1st march deadline for payment. Don't know how strict they are about that.

Hey Friends! Got admit in ISB Mohali campus... wats ur views regarding Mohali campus? Anybody visited the Mohali campus? How is the infrastructure there?

Thanks
Ankit
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts