Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.5
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance,general management
 Q49  V27 GMAT 2: 680  Q47  V35
WE 1: 1.3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE:General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
Hi Friends! A lot of us who are applying to ISB are on pagalguy and regularly keep sharing our experiences there. We've also maintained a spreadsheet there on which all the applicants keep updating their status ( interviewed, selected etc. ). It would be nice if you guys could also join the discussion on pagalguy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Olin '16 (A$)
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Got an interview call
Date: 19th Oct
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@vs007 can u paste the pagalguy link where this discussion is happening ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Real Estate)
Send PM
rgoyal082 wrote:
Got an interview call
Date: 19th Oct

Great! All the best!
How is your preparation coming along?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
What is the status after submitting the application?

Mine is "Application Completion Status:Completed". Is this fine? I submitted mine on 15th Sep.

I'm asking because I earlier received an email stating that my official scores have not reached ISB. Two days later on 26th Sep, I received an email that my application is complete.

ISB checklist also shows that they have received UG marksheet but I never uploaded it with application.

Getting anxious while waiting for the call :(
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
mixke wrote:
What is the status after submitting the application?

Mine is "Application Completion Status:Completed". Is this fine? I submitted mine on 15th Sep.

I'm asking because I earlier received an email stating that my official scores have not reached ISB. Two days later on 26th Sep, I received an email that my application is complete.

ISB checklist also shows that they have received UG marksheet but I never uploaded it with application.

Getting anxious while waiting for the call :(

Perfectly fine.. Now wait and hope to get new status "Shortlisted for interview" soon.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Is there any pattern in ISB sending calls in decreasing order of gmat score ? or decreasing order of date submitted ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
biyania wrote:
Is there any pattern in ISB sending calls in decreasing order of gmat score ? or decreasing order of date submitted ?

Invites are sent out in decreasing order of GMAT.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 523 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
sapling wrote:
biyania wrote:

Are you sure about that?
That means people with score above 700 can assume they won't receive a call. ( Assuming Hyderabad to be the interview location )
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Abhii46 wrote:
sapling wrote:
biyania wrote:

Are you sure about that?
That means people with score above 700 can assume they won't receive a call. ( Assuming Hyderabad to be the interview location )

@Abhii46, buddy I doubt if the ISB follows the pattern strictly. Yet, this is what is observed with loose ends. If I go by model then the candidates with 700+GMAT must receive a call before 15th Oct (20th Oct - 5 days) if he or she is shortlisted. I don't expect that any school will revisit the profiles, if not shortlisted, in same season. Yet probability remains because, of course, they don''t work on my expectations. Probability is also high that I may be wrong. As I said, this pattern is not tested but observed. So don't give up on hope and wait for call.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.5
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
sapling wrote:
Decoding the interview pattern of b-schools: Those biting their nails and assuming that it's all over.. Here is something that can help you relax and understand how most of the top b-schools in the world plan interviews and eventually admit. This is expected pattern based on what I learnt from my friends, it is not based on proven research (I would be PhD then :D)

Knowingly or unknowingly, they all end up using Ricker's Model (advanced derivative of beverton holt method). More or less, it is expected that after calling 680+ GMAT for interview in Hyderabad, the ISB would focus on different geography, which it would consider best location for demographic heterogeneity. After Delhi interviews, switch back to Hyderabad (this time range of 640 to 680). Then select a few from other (new) location and so on.This helps in maintaining diversity as well helps ensuring that best talent is not lost.

Now, those in Hyderabad and wondering if calls are over, here is a good news: Majority of you (640 to 680 scorers) would receive calls, although not strictly, after mid-period of Delhi Interviews i.e. Oct 18. Those who have GMAT score below 640 and are not much exceptional in profile can expect call during mid-period of 2nd location interviews i.e. 26 Oct.

Lastly, how to decode calls from other colleges. Think GMAT range of previous years on log graph and split the top 60 percentile into number of locations the college is planning to conduct the interview. Check which sector you are into and derive an approx. date on which you can expect to receive call.

Colleges that have only one place for interview end up recruiting same brass, with no variation. Those that conduct online interviews or across globe have many sectors (mostly clubbed into continents). But for latter, these sectors are handled by alumni of respective geographies that makes prediction easy and simple - If you have applied for US based b-school and last date of round X is 10 December. Split the log pattern of GMAT into 2 sectors. Those in 1st sector can expect an email for interview invitation in 25% of difference between last date of round and your application submission date. Thus, if you submitted application on Oct 10, then you can expect call before Oct 26. If you are in sector 2, then in next 25% period i.e. from Oct 26 to Nov 11.

It may be complex but can help future aspirants in guessing the time period when they have to keep mobile phone charged and check every email (including spams.. huh). Good luck all.

This doc can help future leaders and senior managers - https://www2.math.uu.se/~david/web/Brann ... ter05a.pdf

But dude going by the above logic, a person like me who has 670 GMAT score and Hyderabad Interview, would expect a call either today or tomorrow (18th oct - 5 days). This means if I dont receive a call in one or two days or max. three days, my result should be known to me.

It is adding more to my BP i guess. Then I believe I should now start paying visits to temples more often.

Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MARTIN21 wrote:
sapling wrote:
Decoding the interview pattern of b-schools: Those biting their nails and assuming that it's all over.. Here is something that can help you relax and understand how most of the top b-schools in the world plan interviews and eventually admit. This is expected pattern based on what I learnt from my friends, it is not based on proven research (I would be PhD then :D)

Knowingly or unknowingly, they all end up using Ricker's Model (advanced derivative of beverton holt method). More or less, it is expected that after calling 680+ GMAT for interview in Hyderabad, the ISB would focus on different geography, which it would consider best location for demographic heterogeneity. After Delhi interviews, switch back to Hyderabad (this time range of 640 to 680). Then select a few from other (new) location and so on.This helps in maintaining diversity as well helps ensuring that best talent is not lost.

Now, those in Hyderabad and wondering if calls are over, here is a good news: Majority of you (640 to 680 scorers) would receive calls, although not strictly, after mid-period of Delhi Interviews i.e. Oct 18. Those who have GMAT score below 640 and are not much exceptional in profile can expect call during mid-period of 2nd location interviews i.e. 26 Oct.

Lastly, how to decode calls from other colleges. Think GMAT range of previous years on log graph and split the top 60 percentile into number of locations the college is planning to conduct the interview. Check which sector you are into and derive an approx. date on which you can expect to receive call.

Colleges that have only one place for interview end up recruiting same brass, with no variation. Those that conduct online interviews or across globe have many sectors (mostly clubbed into continents). But for latter, these sectors are handled by alumni of respective geographies that makes prediction easy and simple - If you have applied for US based b-school and last date of round X is 10 December. Split the log pattern of GMAT into 2 sectors. Those in 1st sector can expect an email for interview invitation in 25% of difference between last date of round and your application submission date. Thus, if you submitted application on Oct 10, then you can expect call before Oct 26. If you are in sector 2, then in next 25% period i.e. from Oct 26 to Nov 11.

It may be complex but can help future aspirants in guessing the time period when they have to keep mobile phone charged and check every email (including spams.. huh). Good luck all.

This doc can help future leaders and senior managers - https://www2.math.uu.se/~david/web/Brann ... ter05a.pdf

But dude going by the above logic, a person like me who has 670 GMAT score and Hyderabad Interview, would expect a call either today or tomorrow (18th oct - 5 days). This means if I dont receive a call in one or two days or max. three days, my result should be known to me.

It is adding more to my BP i guess. Then I believe I should now start paying visits to temples more often.

Regards

Copying from original post:
Now, those in Hyderabad and wondering if calls are over, here is a good news: Majority of you (640 to 680 scorers) would receive calls, although not strictly, after mid-period of Delhi Interviews i.e. Oct 18
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MARTIN21 wrote:

Regards

That's why such posts should not be encouraged or written. Such posts are pure speculation and nothing more. They only discourage people.
Even if this speculation comes out to be true it should have been avoided in first place.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
True that. @Abhii
By that logic , I don't stand a chance now.
GMAT : 740
Manager
Manager
Send PM
any more delhi calls ?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
soudatta wrote:
True that. @Abhii
By that logic , I don't stand a chance now.
GMAT : 740

I would request you not to pay attention to the post and just wait for the calls like many of us are :)
A good all round application will be rewarded for sure :)

Regards,
Ankur
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sapling wrote:
Abhii46 wrote:
Hello everyone.

Got the interview call. Interview is on 20th Oct. Hyderabad.

Thanks God.. You were too disheartened after reading my last post. I am happy for you. Good that you received call before 15th Oct.

Hi Sapling.
Thanks a lot for your post. :thanks
On a lighter note, I wasn't disheartened :-D :-D
I was expecting the call to come a little late. 20th is too early for me. Totally confused on what to prepare.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts