Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [2]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V38
GPA: 2.64
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [1]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling ALL June 2012 GMAT Test Takers [#permalink]
Test Date: 16th June 2012
Target Score: 760
Practice Test Scores and Materials: GMATPill, OG12, OG13, MGMAT SC, MGMAT CR, GMATClub
Any Last Minute Questions:

Any Last Minute Advice:

I started preparing for SC in last two weeks. Once I finish studying a grammar topic, I take 20 questions of consisting of all difficulty level. I practice the first 10 and then check the results and then go over all the question I got wrong and understand why I got them wrong, break for 20 minutes and then practice the rest 10 questions. This has helped me to improve my SC score greatly. It is scientifically proven that revising what you studied right away helps to retain the material. I hope this helps
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Send PM
Test Date: 2 Jun
Target Score: 750
Practice Test Scores and Materials: Scored a 700 last time, taking Kaplan Advanced Anywhere class, OG 12th edition, OG Math, OG Verbal, GMAT 800
Any Last Minute Questions:
Any Last Minute Advice: I'm loving the class. 90% I could've learned on my own but there are some gems in it, but honestly the biggest benefit is it forces me to sit down and do tons of practice problems to keep up with class twice a week. Also the way the quiz bank is organized really helps focus on your weak areas. Hopefully it pays off in my score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Retaking GMAT on 4 June in Indore. The first attempt yielded 700, with 35 V. My normal GMAT Prep attempts were 730, 750 and 770. So, I decided to give another shot ONE day before the change. I bought the "Expansion pack" from GMAC, which gave me hundreds of extra questions (including IR, which I hopefully won't need :wink: ).
Thus far, love the new GMATPrep 2.1 software, but the only drawback is that RCs don't come in order! Have to read the entire passage for one question! That's it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V37
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Test Date: 25th May 2012
Target Score: 750
Practice Test Scores and Materials: GMATPrep1 590 (given a year ago) , GMATPrep1 710 (given today)
Any Last Minute Questions: Need guidance in taking the decision to give GMAT in 2 weeks
Any Last Minute Advice: Looking for advice for myself ;-)

This slightly off the thread but i may join the June club :-(

I have been preparing for GMAT for last 3 months very seriously.
I have taken the date for Exam in April for 25th May.

I am yet to finish all the practice sets i posses e.g. LSAT RC, LSAT CR, latest Quant etc but felt comfortable to try the FULL GMATPrep1 test i.e. i sat for 4 hours and wrote the Argument and Issue essays too. (I had attempted it approximately an year before with 590 score and didn't dare touch again )

My score is:

Quant: 48 (12 Q wrong)
Verbal: 41 (8 Q wrong)
Score: 710

Please find the attached screen shot for more detail score.
There was hardly any repeat Q for Quant and i did guess few Q to finish it in time but in the end i had 4+ minutes to spare and the 37th Q was so easy that i solved it in 5 seconds.

There were many repeat Q's in verbal from the practices content and even 1 RC Passages was also a repeat. Though i solved CR (no wrong) and RC (2 wrong) very confidently, i struggled in SC (6 wrong) I had 4+ minutes to spare in verbal section and the last 2-3 Q's were very tough.

More details about the Test:

Out of 12 Wrong Quant Q's
6 PS; 1Q: silly mistake, 3Q: no idea how to solve and guessed after some try, 2Q Guessed after spending around 3 min
6 DS, 4Q: Silly mistakes, 1Q guessed after a 3 minute of try, 1Q No idea how to solve or approach

Out of 8 Wrong Verbal Q's
0 CR
2 RC, 1Q hurried answer without using PoE 1Q wrong inference
6 SC

I am planning to give GMATPrep2 tomorrow.

I am on leave for next one week too and can extend it for one more week. Should i give the final push now and give the exam on 25th as scheduled or reschedule it for late in June to have some more to practice and to get acquaint with IR section. I am in no hurry to apply for a college as my primary goal as of now is to get a good GMAT score

Looking forward for your review comments.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GMAT Date: 09-08-2012
GPA: 3
Send PM
Test Date: 1st June 2012
Target Score: 700
Practice Test Scores and Materials: OG12, Verb 2 and Math 2, 8 MGMAT guides, GMATClub, Powerscore Cr and some others
Manager
Manager
Status:I will not stop until i realise my goal which is my dream too
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: Johnson '15
Send PM
Test Date: 29-June-2012

Target Score: 700+ ( anything above 700, i would be extremly happy)

Practice Test Scores and Materials: hovering around 630s, OG12, 13 editions, Manhattan gmat 4th edition 8 guides

Any Last Minute Questions: how to improve on my verbal and quant score, both seem to hover around early 30s and 40s respectively

Any Last Minute Advice: Need to be disciplined and need to be motivated always.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V37
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
I still have 2 more day to get into the 7 day range and can save $200 or spend $50 more.
I have already rescheduled 25th may to 01 June once and had spend $50 :-( :-(
GMAC is making real money from this rescheduling and retaking stuff :-( :-(

I gave a full MGMAT CAT 1 yesterday and try to have conditions similar to Test Day and Center and realized that i may need to reschedule again

======================
Quant 45 77 % Review
Verbal 38 85 % Review
Total 690 91%

Following are my findings:

Quant
PS 11 Wrong, 8Q of 700 to 800 level and 3Q of 600 to 700 level, (3 Silly calculation mistakes)

DS 6 Wrong, 3Q of 700 800 level, 2Q of 600 700 level, 1Q 300 500 level, (2 traps, 1 Silly Mistakes of choosing wrong answer on screen)

Verbal
SC (3-4 repeat Q) 4Q wrong, 3Q of 700 800 level, 1Q of 600 700 level
In SC, 2Q wrong due to lack of concept clarity e.g. using would or will, Infinitive or Gerund as a subject , 1Q for Meaning Clarity, 1Q is due to a SC trap I was not not able to identify the SC trap of correcting the mistake but inserting a new error in wrong answer choice.

CR (3-4 Repeat Q) 5Q wrong , 3Q of 700 800 level, 1Q of 600 700 level, 1Q of 300 500 level,
I took 3 min and 45 second for each of the two wrong Q

RC (1 Repeat RC passage and 3 new RC passages)
In RC, 6Q wrong, 3Q Inference (All 3 700 800 level), 3Q Specific Detail (Anchor Phrase) (2Q 600 700 level and 1 Q 700 800 level) I took 5 min to answer a wrong Q ad 5 min to answer a Right Q, Its criminal , i should have guessed and move on after 2 min but didn't realize that its already 4-5 minutes as i was ahead of time as per y mile stones and thought of sparing a minute or two extra

======================

I feel that i am not prepared and i should not hurry for giving GMAT soon.
Somewhere within myself i am feeling it but not accepting it due to false sense of satisfaction from the Prep Tests.

I still have issues in:

1) Pacing the test specially in Quant
2) Accuracy in stress and time constraints ( Without time constraints i am scoring 100% in RC/CR of even at 700 800 level but in exam it reduced to 50% and 60%, I was able to do the RC 100% correct post exam)
3) Concept Clarity in SC is still an issue on top of it my not so good Vocab causing issues instrictly Meaning Clarity SC problems.
4) CR Mimic the argument and Strengthen questions are still an issue

Some general stuff e.g.
What is the ideal time to stop finding answer to a CR Q and move with a guess?
How to find that I am taking more than 2 minutes?
I understand pacing will improve with more practice but realization doesn't come very efficiently in the practice exam. I don't think looking at watch after every Q is a good practice?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Test Date: June 2, 2012
Target Score: 700-730
Practice Test Scores and Materials: Mid-high 600s on 4 CATs. MGMAT for base understanding. Some practice problems out of Verbal and Quant Review 2nd Ed. A little work out of OG12.
Any Last Minute Questions: I'm not sure where to go anymore. I feel like I won't just "get it" anymore on SC. I figure what I know now will be what I know next week. Unlike Q, when the CAT explains why I got some 700-800 SC questions wrong I just don't get it. Any advice? I think I'm bordering right below 700 and I really need to raise my V to make it.
Any Last Minute Advice: I'm a first timer so I'm not sure what advice I could provide.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Send PM
Just had to come back and give some encouragement to the other June test takers. Can't believe I got a 750!
GMAT Club Bot