Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink]
kalia2480 wrote:
Hey guys, for those of you who went through R1, would you say that chances become more slim for an acceptance as we get closer to the final decision deadline? I feel like a the longer I wait, the only thing waiting for me at the end is a WL...just wanted to see if you guys noticed the same. Thanks!!

My standard answer with this question is "As long as you haven't been dinged by Kellogg, you're still alive."

Given round 1- I think the single largest day of acceptances (and dings) was the final day (with another spike in the week leading up to winter holidays) - at least as reported on multiple boards. Sure - I would imagine that the majority of invites were given out by this time the last day hit - but there were plenty of invites going out in the last week to last day.

No certain answer, but just my observations.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V41
Send PM
ghgirl wrote:
i am in - got the call about an hour and half ago - yayyyyyyyy :lol: :yes

Congrats ghgirl!!
Current Student
Send PM
thankssss!

so...i tell my mom and sister i got into Kellogg and their response was .....Kellogg is a school? arent they the cornflakes guys????? :shock: :shock:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I just received the admit call from Kellogg about an hour ago (1245 PDT)!!! :-D

I've been following this thread quite a bit and it seems like such a great group that have been admitted so far and I'm thrilled now to be a part of it! I was driving on the freeway when I received the call so it was kept pretty short and I didn't get the chance to ask her any questions, but she did mention I would be receiving a login for the admitted students website. Is all the information on deadlines, financial aid etc. available on that site or do they also mail out an admissions package?

Congrats to all the other admits so far and I look forward to seeing you at DAK in April!
TJ
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Congrats ghgirl and TJ- way to go...atleast K has started to show some love...

TJ- would you please mind adding your profile to this thread https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/103-t53748 :) Thanks!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
congrats TJ and ghgirl!!! wonderful to hear so many admits!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
HUGE congrats to TJ and GH! I hope that I get to meet you both this fall. If you have any how-do-I-get-to,-from,-and-around-Chicago/Evanston, let me know. I live in Chicago so I'm happy to help in any way I can.

I'm heading up to Evanston tonight to look at an apartment - I'll be sure to send "show gmat clubbers some love" vibes in the direction of the admissions office.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
congrats GH and TJ... lots of success from GMAT club in kellogg this year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks everyone for all the well wishes :-D I'm already looking into flights for DAK, I'm coming out from the west coast so I want to see if I can get a decent airfare and book my hotel asap.

Is anyone else here looking to go into biotech/healthcare management after B-school? I'm interested in the biotech program major at Kellogg and opportunities for students in this field.

Dosa - I've added my profile
Apollo - I'd like to get a jumpstart on checking out accomodations in Evanston-do you know the names of a few places that are popular for Kellogg students near campus?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
TJ wrote:
Thanks everyone for all the well wishes :-D I'm already looking into flights for DAK, I'm coming out from the west coast so I want to see if I can get a decent airfare and book my hotel asap.

Is anyone else here looking to go into biotech/healthcare management after B-school? I'm interested in the biotech program major at Kellogg and opportunities for students in this field.

Dosa - I've added my profile
Apollo - I'd like to get a jumpstart on checking out accomodations in Evanston-do you know the names of a few places that are popular for Kellogg students near campus?

Congrats on your acceptance!

Which part of the West coast are you coming from? I got flights on American from SFO to ORD for $270. I know Southwest flights are slightly cheaper, but I personally don't like the way they run things.

I'll also be doing the healthcare program at Kellogg. They ended up splitting the healthcare/biotech students during the DAK forums so I don't know too much about biotech opportunities.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I flew Southwest. The only issue with that was they fly into Midway which is further away. Make sure you call a local cab company to get a pick up, they have a set price because if you just get a random cab at the airport its going to cost a heck of a lot more.
Current Student
Send PM
thanks all for the well wishes....it does feel great to have such a support network....

Apolloluna - i live in Chicago as well (in the Westloop)....maybe we can meet up for drinks sometime

i have no idea how to contain my excitement....waiting for that package is going to be tough....i want to see everything NOW!

now i will just try to stay calm and wait to hear from Chicago.....it will be a tough one if Chicago works out as well.....although like river said in some earlier posts, i will probably become attached to Kellogg since its my first admit

all the best to everyone waiting for admit calls.....
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
GH even if you live in Chicago it might be good to get a hotel room for DAK. I met several folks who were from Chicago who had hotel rooms, I think it allows you to stay out later do all the same things with everyone. Well you probably only need one on Friday because Saturday night you will end up downtown so going to your place will be pretty easy.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
ugh, I'm ready to strangle the Kellogg admissions office... who knew waiting for a decision would be this annoying even after an admit from your top choice school??? :shock:

Sorry, just needed to rant...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Congrats ghgirl and TJ... Good to see more admits rolling in for GMATClubbers :-)
Current Student
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
GH even if you live in Chicago it might be good to get a hotel room for DAK. I met several folks who were from Chicago who had hotel rooms, I think it allows you to stay out later do all the same things with everyone. Well you probably only need one on Friday because Saturday night you will end up downtown so going to your place will be pretty easy.

thanks for the tip, river....i think its a great idea....i dont want to have leave the fun stuff to drive home :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Send PM
Anyone by chance have any class size statistics for Kellogg over the past few years? With applications being up this year I wonder what sort of class size increase we'll see.

FYI: I applied R3 for the 1Y program and just yesterday received my interview information. I'm doing an off-campus interview in Shanghai (still need to contact the guy). I submitted part 1 on Jan 26th.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  77   78   79   80   81  ...  100