Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink]
Nervous- yes I am definitely leaning towards Ross and it kind of sucks that I wont be able to make it to BDW as well. But I have spoken to a ton of a people at both schools, and for my career goals, Ross just seems like a better fit. I will attend GBR and if everything goes well, shall withdraw from Duke right after that.

Atleast I have closure now, just waiting for the W decision, which is a formality IMO (should be a ding barring a miracle!! :)) and I can atleast be full fledged Wolverine!! :)

nervousgmat wrote:
dosa_don wrote:
DINGED...oh well- looks like Ross it is :) Good luck to the rest of the folks!

oh no! I was hoping you will get to decide between Kellogg and Ross :(
the good thing is, you won't waste a moment of your on decision-making process! I take it, you definitely decided NOT to join Duke, right?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Attending Stanford
Send PM
Sorry to hear about K, dosa. But why are you down on the Wharton decision? It sounded like your interview went pretty well... I'll continue to maintain faith in your chances at W :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
Admits :
futuredukemba
ghgirl
TJ
kryzak w/ 50% tuition
terry12 w/ 50% tuition
businessdoc

WL :
mst
zmfatla

Ding :
branson
pandeyrav
westcoastMBA
ryguy904
sperinko
nupurgupt
majosan

Having a heart attack every time their phones ring :
CerealsMBA
Bee
Bewakoof
Dosa
livehard
trojan812
togafoot
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
sorry to hear about that dosa! Good luck with W!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Dosa, sorry about the ding. I am a bit surprised though..thought a lot of desis are gonna get the WL. Anyway, keep your spirits up for W...

Admits :
futuredukemba
ghgirl
TJ
kryzak w/ 50% tuition
terry12 w/ 50% tuition
businessdoc

WL :
mst
zmfatla

Ding :
branson
pandeyrav
westcoastMBA
ryguy904
sperinko
nupurgupt
majosan

Having a heart attack every time their phones ring :
CerealsMBA
Bee
Bewakoof
Dosa
livehard
trojan812
togafoot
ujjib
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
My request for the deadline extension was denied. I don’t want to complain but unlike other schools I applied to, I haven't had a great experience dealing with the adcoms at Kellogg. My questions were not answered and I had to e-mail my official contact person several times to get a reply. In addition, I received different answers to the same question from different adcom people. And on top of that, not granting a 1 week extension is just plain arrogant. To me it says, “we are the best school out there for you, and we don’t care if you have other school to consider. Kellogg is simply superior, so no extension for you!” :)
Current Student
Send PM
nervousgmat wrote:
My request for the deadline extension was denied. I don’t want to complain but unlike other schools I applied to, I haven't had a great experience dealing with the adcoms at Kellogg. My questions were not answered and I had to e-mail my official contact person several times to get a reply. In addition, I received different answers to the same question from different adcom people. And on top of that, not granting a 1 week extension is just plain arrogant. To me it says, “we are the best school out there for you, and we don’t care if you have other school to consider. Kellogg is simply superior, so no extension for you!” :)

Does that mean you`re opening a space for someone else?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
nervousgmat wrote:
My request for the deadline extension was denied...To me it says, “we are the best school out there for you, and we don’t care if you have other school to consider. Kellogg is simply superior, so no extension for you!” :)

Sorry to hear they didnt grant your extension but maybe they know something you dont yet. They might be onto something with the best school for you thing. :lol:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
nervousgmat wrote:

That's surprising, and somewhat arrogant. I'm kind of glad that I applied R2 then, since if I got in R1, I would probably get no extension, and then I would probably reject Kellogg out of principle. When is their R2 commit Deadline?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Attending Stanford
Send PM
kryzak wrote:
That's surprising, and somewhat arrogant. I'm kind of glad that I applied R2 then, since if I got in R1, I would probably get no extension, and then I would probably reject Kellogg out of principle. When is their R2 commit Deadline?

April 30
Current Student
Send PM
kryzak wrote:

I see your point but i disagree to some extent.
A deadline is a deadline. Why bother having a deadline if everyone can be extended? You should be able to request an extenstion but you shouldn`t be expecting it, therefore, if you get an extension it should be considered a bonus. I don`t see any arrogance at all. The deadline is clearly listed and when you apply you know what the dates are.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Thank you terry!

Toga, I have to respectfully disagree. I see your point that a deadline is a deadline, but if the deadline is set unrealistically with the assumption that most people would NOT be able to apply to all the schools they're interested in within one round or with the assumption that students can decide which school to go to without attending an admit weekend to get a feel for the atmosphere.

I understand the reasoning for each school to set their "deadline" as early as they can to help them decide future classes, but that "deadline" should be a soft deadline, not a hard one.

It should be, "If you applied only to this school, or if this school is your top choice and you don't need to compare it with other schools you got admitted to make a decision, then respond by this date. Otherwise, we understand that you need to apply to many schools (because the admit decisions are so random), and that you could have many top schools and will need all the information you can gather (i.e. attend admit weekends) to make an informed choice, therefore we will give out extensions on a case-by-case basis."

Kellogg is actually not the worst offender, compared to another UE school which I heard had a March 7th deadline with no extensions. I mean, c'mon, that pretty much means you're not allowed to see what other schools you got into without shelling out $1000. That's what I call "arrogance".
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
I don't think not extending a published deadline is arrogant. Inconsiderate? yes, but not arrogant. I mean all schools and applicants use several tactics to jockey themselves into the best possible position. Schools manage yield by waitlisting people, create a favourable schedule etc while applicants play 1 school versus another for scholarships, get deadline extensions to see if they get into better schools etc. Its all part of the game.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
good point NC, I will change my comment to "inconsiderate" then. Arrogant is probably not the word I was looking for.

But yes, I totally agree, it's all a game, and the one who plays it the best will come out ahead. :P
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
I'm sorry to hear that Dosa.

Extensions:
Sloan granted me an extension - and I didn't even ask for it - while at GSB I sent some questions "indirectly" telling them I wanted some more days to think and they didn't even mentioned that.

I friend of mine asked for an extension and got: NO!

It's all part of the game, all schools are playing, just like those applicants who have more than one admission are. Business as usual my friends! For those who have scholarship than is even more strict from what I heard.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Yeah, but why not be nice in the first place such as Tuck (April 25th) and Ross (May1st)?

If the school went through such a hazzle to pick you and wants you to join the least they could do is give you ONE FRICKING week extension. The only reason not to is to make some dough off your deposit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I don't think I would forgo my CBS deposit unless K really came up with some money. I'm finding out so late that I've already been making preliminary arrangements for NYC. That being said, these were the only two schools that I really focused on and it seems like after all of this obsessing I should at least give DAK II a chance. They're offering to cover my travel expenses so I'll see what K has to offer. Also, I am factoring in that CBS is so far offering me 15K more/year than K, so I'm taking it all into account. I'll try and evaluate my final decision based on "fit" (if I can ever figure out what that really means).

And as a follow up to a couple of above posts, I was able to turn in my CBS deposit late because I told them that I felt uncomfortable giving a non-refundable deposit without any sort of idea what sort of financial aid I would be receiving. I received a call the next business day with some scholarship money. So it might work in ones favor to try and push the wheel and see if anything comes of it. Nothing lost in my opinion.

And my interaction with K has definitely been frustrating thus far. I was 'accidentally' accepted all the way back in November, so ever since then has seemed anti-climactic. And when I called to check about my 'admit' status (to which I had received both a status change and e-mails about financial aid and congratulating me) they merely said they had sent it out in error and sent me a new e-mail account. No apology or explanation. I just think that given the amount of time and heart we put into applying to these places that more consideration would be given to those of us who suffer due to "electronic errors". But I digress. Just something I had noticed and that this whole deposit extension topic had reminded me about.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  85   86   87   88   89  ...  100