Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
nervousgmat wrote:
Looks like Kellogg is updating its system with dings this minute based on BW forum posts...

So which part of the application system do you log into to check your status, Part I or II?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
burger2001 wrote:
nervousgmat wrote:
Looks like Kellogg is updating its system with dings this minute based on BW forum posts...

So which part of the application system do you log into to check your status, Part I or II?

They sent you a link after you submitted Part I. Along with a login and password.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Re: Processing order [#permalink]
nervousgmat wrote:
MGOBLUE2 wrote:
g.matter wrote:
For the guys who got your results... did you submit the application way before the R1 deadline. Not sure if they process it in the order in which they recieve applications or is it just random...

Nope, I submitted my app 6 hours before the deadline...there is NO correlation between application submission and decision date!

I wonder if there is a correlcation between the interview date and the decision date...

Not as far as I have heard. Obviously if you had it very recently it may affect it but if you completed your interview pretty early in November thats not going to be the hold up.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Got the big DING... :((. Its going to be pretty tough for Indians this year.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Tough break tsaditya, definitely seems like an uphill battle so far for our Indian members.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
bad break aditya...this year does seem really difficult for us. good luck for the rest of the apps..
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
sorry to hear that aditya! :( Keep going at it though, you WILL be admitted to a good school this year!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
[#permalink]
keep your chin up....

Lose the battle, win the war...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
 Q49  V45
Send PM
[#permalink]
tsaditya wrote:

Sorry about that. Good luck with your other apps.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
aviroop wrote:
keep your chin up....

Lose the battle, win the war...

well said, avi. all that matters is that you'll win the war!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
tsaditya wrote:

:( Sorry to hear that. I wonder how long it will take Kellogg to notify everyone, do you guys think it will continue till the deadline?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
forcefeed wrote:
tsaditya wrote:

:( Sorry to hear that. I wonder how long it will take Kellogg to notify everyone, do you guys think it will continue till the deadline?

They were letting people know post new years last year. I think people found out up until the last day basically.

Still haven't heard of a single WL so I am sure their decisions get more difficult as time goes on. They still probably have a lot of people they are debating over.

Dings are now outnumbering Admits on admissions411, last year they had more reported admits than dings...so it tends to make it seem like its a tougher year for everyone, at least it points towards that.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
They were letting people know post new years last year. I think people found out up until the last day basically.

Still haven't heard of a single WL so I am sure their decisions get more difficult as time goes on. They still probably have a lot of people they are debating over.

Dings are now outnumbering Admits on admissions411, last year they had more reported admits than dings...so it tends to make it seem like its a tougher year for everyone, at least it points towards that.

It seems like they started releasing decisions earlier this year, which is why I am hoping that we'll all hear back before new years.

And you guys weren't kidding about it being a tough year for Indians at Kellogg. 6/13 of the dings on Admissions411 are Indians, and none have been accepted yet! Not a good sign.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well last year, 43 Indians applied from India and 6 got into K. 10 Indians applied from the US, and 3 got in. It is tough overall for Indians to get into K but this year seems much tougher :(
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
A little look at what we have for numbers available. There is obviously nothing anyone can do about how tough it is, but it is worth while to acknowledge its going to be tough. This is very unscientific but it does give a little look at what we are up against. I know it may not seem like it right now but having a 3 out of 10 decisions being admits here that is pretty good. Statistically at our current pace we should have a couple more during R1, which though it doesn't feel like it is actually extremely good success. These numbers probably fit GSB pretty well since these two schools tend to track fairly well in the past.

(based off of info from kellogg's page) Last year they were at about 4200 applicants for the 2 year and MMM programs. Figure there are 57 MMM students, and since its very focused and competes only against MIT really, they probably have extremely high yield so lets say 75 applicants for MMM. That makes about 4125 2yr applicants. Assuming 10% increase thats about 4540, and that seems to be in line with a lot of what people are saying in the number of applications going up. They should have very solid yield this year so they will probably accept about 850 students. Which means their admit rate might be right around 19%. Imagine a 15% raise and even higher yield they could closer to 17%.

Now to really make things interesting...(from BW info)
29% of applicants are female but they make up 34% of the class
and here is where it gets ugly...42% of applicants are international but they only make up 34% of the class.

Now that pretty much confirms that its more difficult for international applicants. While it also shows that its easier for females. Obviously the internationals is gonna vary, I mean being a female from africa is probably going to be a pretty easy group to apply out of.

Just for fun a look back at the past: 2003 acceptance = 16% and for a horribly competitive year 2002 = 13%
For the same time period GSB had 2003 = 23% and 2002 = 15%
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys, I am in!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
dosa_don wrote:
Well last year, 43 Indians applied from India and 6 got into K. 10 Indians applied from the US, and 3 got in. It is tough overall for Indians to get into K but this year seems much tougher :(

I am also Indian. So don't give up fellas
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30  ...  100