Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Columbia Business School Class of 2012
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: finance
Schools:booth, kellogg, stanford gsb
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
Is any of the R2 applicants still getting this message? I submitted on Jan 12 but my status page has been showing the same message since.
Should I email admissions?

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. Due to the high volume of applications that are submitted near the application deadline, please allow several weeks of process time for our staff to match all materials sent under separate cover and to verify all required items have arrived. As applications are processed daily, we recommend periodically checking the status between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg '10
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Same for me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
mba07 wrote:
Is any of the R2 applicants still getting this message? I submitted on Jan 12 but my status page has been showing the same message since.

Quote:

After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. Due to the high volume of applications that are submitted near the application deadline, please allow several weeks of process time for our staff to match all materials sent under separate cover and to verify all required items have arrived. As applications are processed daily, we recommend periodically checking the status between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday.

Same here, although there's a link to my interview waiver below that.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
OK. Feels good to know I'm not alone.
I interviewed before I submitted R2, so I basically have nothing to do but wait until Mar 30. :(

Originally posted by mba07 on 05 Feb 2009, 20:33.
Last edited by mba07 on 06 Feb 2009, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
Mine says this:

All the required elements of your application are complete.

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). When a decision has been rendered, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Decisions will be released throughout the round, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last several weeks of the round.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Judging by last year's timeline not much longer for you guys to wait until decisions start coming out. I think they came out right after DAK last year, but DAK was one week later so it might be another week or two.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
Judging by last year's timeline not much longer for you guys to wait until decisions start coming out. I think they came out right after DAK last year, but DAK was one week later so it might be another week or two.

River, does the message on the status page accurately reflect what stage of the process our application is in?
If it does, would it be safe to assume that the committee hasn't started reading our apps yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Duke, Darden (i/v-ed, withdrawn),Kellogg
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Late entry in the group.

I opted for off-campus interview and Kellogg found an alumnus who works pretty close to my workplace. However, the alumnus will be out of the country for next 2 weeks.

I contacted the AdCom and they seemed pretty okay with delaying the interview, the only downshot being that application review gets further delayed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Hey guys, I am in for R2 too.

I had my interview yesterday off-campus. The interviewer was really nice and didn't ask anything out of the norm. The questions were:

- Walk through resume and why MBA
- What do I want to learn/get from Kellogg?
- Goal right after MBA
- Internship plan
- Professional accomplishment
- Personal accomplishment
- Challenges at work
- Clubs
- Questions

I only brought my resume and there weren't any forms for me to fill out. My application status must have changed yesterday or the day before. (I submitted my app 1/12.) It says:

Quote:
All the required elements of your application are complete.

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny)...

Good luck everyone and congrats to the admits! :gl
Current Student
Concentration: Management Consulting, Social Enterprise, Environmental Sustainability, International Business
Schools:Fuqua '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
I'm still on the 'After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received.' part even though my interview was 2 weeks ago.
Manager
Manager
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
monkbent wrote:
mba07 wrote:

Quote:

Same here, although there's a link to my interview waiver below that.

It now says "All the required elements of your application are complete..."
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
 Q48  V39
Send PM
I was up there to interview on Friday, and all I can say is man were there a lot of DAK people. Seemed like the school was just insanely crowded. I also had a great time on campus. I really enjoyed the students and liked the fact that I didn't meet one single person who was pursuing a career in Finance. Of course there are people, but banking is certainly not the hottest career choice. Although I did attend Professor Stowell's class and thought it was outstanding. Great experience overall.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Johnson
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Hi all,

I was reviewing my app for forthcoming interview and noticed a grammar error in one case and an absent word (lost in zeal of size reduction!)

Does anyone know how bad is this?

Thanks and best of luck to everyone.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V41
Send PM
rscricket wrote:
Hi all,

I was reviewing my app for forthcoming interview and noticed a grammar error in one case and an absent word (lost in zeal of size reduction!)

Obviously not ideal, but not going to make a difference. Anyway, its water under the bridge!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Send PM
rscricket wrote:
Hi all,

I wouldn't worry about it. My Kellogg essays had a grammatical error (I wrote access where I meant assess...oops), and it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I think as long as the errors are few and far between it won't hurt you.

jb32 - from my experience visiting in October, Jacobs is kind of crowded even when there aren't 230 or so DAK people added to the mix. They are planning to build a new building, which I would imagine will be bigger, but that won't be ready until after we've all graduated.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Jerz wrote:
- from my experience visiting in October, Jacobs is kind of crowded even when there aren't 230 or so DAK people added to the mix. They are planning to build a new building, which I would imagine will be bigger, but that won't be ready until after we've all graduated.

New building is going to have double the space for students...its going to be huge from what they have told us. Chances are it wont be done by the time you guys graduate but it all depends how fast it goes, you could do a semester or two in it. Rooms arent that crowded usually, since they dont book every seat...the only get crowded when 6+ applicants try to squeeze in and during winter when every single person has huge coats stuffed all over the room. I never have a hard time finding places to eat or hang out...group rooms are the only issue and you figure out how it works pretty quickly. Study rooms in McMannus are great for evening meetings, they are closer to where most people live, and usually arent hard to get. If you want to book at lunch time or 5pm, group rooms need to be booked well in advance. Set up a group time that meets every week and always block that out or it becomes a mess to figure out schedules. Unfortunately, 2nd years have it down so 1st semester can be challenging as you learn the ropes.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Consulting
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Fuqua, MIT SLoan
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Well, Kellogg has decided to waive my interview. I don't know if thats good or bad. I'll just wait till I hear from them again.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  94   95   96   97   98  ...  115   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts