Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:10 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 2.8
WE:Research (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
For the MILLIONTH time I will reiterate this to EVERYONE who is waiting for Kellogg to set up the off campus interview:

KELLOGG DOES NOT ISSUE INTERVIEW INVITES BASED ON THE STRENGTH OF YOUR APPLICATION. YOUR APP IS NOT EVEN READ UNTIL THE INTERVIEW IS COMPLETE. THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO THIS IS IF YOU RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW WAIVER. A WAIVER IS NOT AN INDICATION OF THE STRENGTH OF YOUR APP. IT JUST MEANS THAT THEY ARE TAKING LONGER THAN USUAL TO GET AN ALUM TO INTERVIEW YOU AND WANT TO REVIEW YOUR APP WITHOUT THE INTERVIEW NOTES. IF YOU RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW AFTER RECEIVING THE WAIVER THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THAT YOU CAN TAKE IT AS A SIGN OF HOW KELLOGG VIEWS YOUR CANDIDACY. IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN INTERVIEW INVITE NOR A WAIVER IT SIMPLY MEANS THAT KELLOGG HASN'T GOTTEN TO YOU YET. THAT IS ALL!!! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT.

I don't mean to yell but this has been stated repeatedly in this thread, yet people keep asking the same questions and making incorrect assumptions without even bothering to read just a few posts back from their own. I do not expect anyone to read through 70 pages of posts, but going back a page or two would suffice. People want to be helpful but it gets annoying when the same question is asked ad nauseum and the people who are asking don't bother to pay attention to the answer.

ETA: Large font and caps is just to make the post stand out so folks don't miss it. Important info that can save a lot of worrying.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
JMG wrote:
nikheel wrote:
JMG wrote:
My app just says:
Part I submitted
Part 2 submitted

Nothing else....I already had my interview.

Anybody has de same status as me?

+1

Hey guys

If you go to Kelloggs full-time MBA program website, you'll see on the right-side panel an option for "Check Application Status." I'd post the link but this forum won't let me. In any case, you can log in and see what the status says there. Mine says "All the required elements of your application are complete."

Hope that helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
cheetarah1980 wrote:
vibhav wrote:
Thanks a ton bro! these words are very soothing!

FYI, I'm a chick.

^ Someone didn't watch Thunder Thunder ThunderCats :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Randomness wrote:
Any interview invites after getting it waived off for second round? I am based out of Mumbai. Last year I had my interview waived off and then interviewed again later. This time the wait it just getting longer. Please update if some one has heard from them.

Oh, just noticed your post. My interview was waived 2 weeks ago, and just half an hour ago I got an invite. Hope it helps...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Kudos
Elena1985 wrote:
Randomness wrote:
Any interview invites after getting it waived off for second round? I am based out of Mumbai. Last year I had my interview waived off and then interviewed again later. This time the wait it just getting longer. Please update if some one has heard from them.

Oh, just noticed your post. My interview was waived 2 weeks ago, and just half an hour ago I got an invite. Hope it helps...

FYI - I received the interview waiver this Tuesday and just got the phone interview invitation this morning.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
gmatpapa wrote:
Anybody received an invite after waiver in R2 yet?

I had my interview waived on Jan. 24th and received a phone interview request today.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
joerandom wrote:
gmatpapa wrote:
Anybody received an invite after waiver in R2 yet?

I had my interview waived on Jan. 24th and received a phone interview request today.

Awesome, it seems like most folks in the US that first received a waiver, end up getting a phone interview
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Darden '14
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Guys,

I had a strange interview experience. It was held at Airport (am an international applicant). My interviewer was very busy so I was called at airport and told that the interview wud be happening in a car as she had to reach somewhere soon. Then interview started on airport itself when she got out of airport .. as she started asking what I do there itself .. (with people going around us, with their baggages and excuse mes and other distractions also occuring like calling driver for car .. amidst my answer of work I do ... ) and then after 5-10 minutes we got into the car. In the car it was better but still I got the feeling that a better setting might would have helped. I was getting distracted a bit by traffic and had to turn to look at her and reply. Well I was able to reply most of her answers as I had prepared but never felt great about interview, also sent her a thanku not and didnt get a reply (well she was not replying to my mails earlier also). Dont know what to make of this interview (most questions were standard, and I had prepared for them ... but really no idea how the vibe went and how much the interview matters for in Kellogg ..

Please throw some light on it. Also please tell if you feel I should be informing adcom about this interview .. as I felt I could have done better had it been in a restaurant .. Can anything help my cause now ..
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
Consulting2Finance wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Consulting2Finance wrote:
It looks like in 2011 calls began two weeks before the decision date for both rounds 1 and 2. In round 2 of this year, calls began only a week before, so who knows.

I know it's finals week this week so to the extent they use students to make the calls, it may be more likely they start next week. That is complete speculation though.

Students do not make the calls. The adcom does.

Thanks, that makes sense. Am I correct that in R1 calls started 7 days before the decision deadline in R1 of this year? I'm basing that off of a quick browse through this thread.

There were random/unconfirmed reports of a call or two about 10-12 days prior to the decision deadline. However, the first reported call on GC was the on the 12, 7 days prior to the R1 deadline day.
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
Soooo, how's everyone's brackets looking? Great thing you have March Madness to keep your minds off decisions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
Send PM
Kudos
just missed a call from Kellogg saying that they have news to share with me... calling them back but getting voicemail. looks like it's started. good luck everyone!
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
People, calls do not go out by time zone. Kellogg is EXTREMELY random with how calls are completed. Acceptances/Dings/Waitlist notifications will go out throughout the week. If you are accepted your online status usually updates within a day or two of the call. Hopefully EVERYONE sees this so we don't have the same questions being asked a million times.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
GMAT Date: 08-08-2011
Send PM
Kudos
Just missed a call from 847 491-8696. Is that Kellogg? They didn't leave a message. I really hope they call back. I'm already looking for places to live in Evanston.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
robface wrote:
congrats to all who received the news

for those still waiting, any idea what % hope we should have?! how many of people who will receive admits received a call today? ideas? theories?

My theory is that approximately 1/2 of total applicants accepted are in R2. So that makes it about 550 ppl for adcom to call. Assuming that 2 people simultaneously made calls for about 6 hours today, at the rate of about 20 calls/hr (3 min average/call, incl time for call to go through etc), this amounts to about 240 calls made by adcom today. That leaves room for more than 1/2 of us still waiting to hear from adcom. Ofcourse, all this is just speculation and more than 2 ppl could be making calls today but then i am looking for every ray of hope to cling onto my Kellogg Dreams. If i haven't heard from adcom by this time tomorrow, i would probably give up on it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V36
Send PM
Kudos
Just got the call. As pleasing as it is for me, I wanted to tell folks who were dinged that its not the end of anything. Most of you have terrific scores, outstanding accomplishments and deserve to get into top programs.

Keep applying and keep the faith. I know that is what I would've done if I hadnt been called.
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
guy22102 wrote:
Checked this morning and got dinged as well. MMM program.

Just speculation, but sounds like MMM was it's own bucket, decision released later than others

BOOOOO Kellogg. Bad move, really craptacular move. guy22102, I'm very saddened by this news. Kellogg done fell and bumped its head. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
WL for me too. Congrats admits!

WTF Kellogg! LRW, they must be nucking futs. #teamgirls