GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Apr 2020, 18:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 10:41
Businessconquerer wrote:
admission2020 wrote:
McDonough admissions team just sent a mail announcing cancelling their trip to India for off-campus interviews.

Are you kidding?
We have a function on 9th Feb ...
That's cancelled?

Posted from my mobile device

Probably.

This was the mail I got-

"We regret that due to the global public health emergency, we have decided to postpone our trip to India for the safety of both you and our team. While we no longer interview you in-person, we have created virtual interviews at various times convenient for your time zones."
Sloan MIT School Moderator
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 10:45
Ohhh... Interview wise. Gotcha.

I didn't receive a mail for our event, so I'm hopeful.

The admitted students have an event in Delhi

Free Admissions and GMAT consulting GMAT Club special
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2020, 23:59
A new McDonough Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mcdonough-207/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1232
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2020, 07:22
To those who received an interview invite, did you notice any correlation between when you received it and when your video essay was viewed?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2020, 07:24
lfc5192 wrote:
applied close to the R2 deadline and still no word on interview. should I be worried?

have you heard back yet?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck '22 (D)

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2020, 07:58
AhmedAl14 wrote:
lfc5192 wrote:
applied close to the R2 deadline and still no word on interview. should I be worried?

have you heard back yet?

Radio silence unfortunately. My video hasn't been viewed in weeks. HBU?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2020, 08:02
lfc5192 wrote:
AhmedAl14 wrote:
lfc5192 wrote:

have you heard back yet?

Radio silence unfortunately. My video hasn't been viewed in weeks. HBU?

Also radio silence for me. 13 seconds of my video was viewed in January, I assume that was them checking that the link worked.
Manager
Manager
B
GRE 1: Q160 V160

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2020, 08:27
AhmedAl14 wrote:
To those who received an interview invite, did you notice any correlation between when you received it and when your video essay was viewed?

Not really. I mean, my video had some views like around December but it did not change afterwards and I got an invite. Did you apply to other schools?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2020, 11:44
meme2019 wrote:
AhmedAl14 wrote:

Not really. I mean, my video had some views like around December but it did not change afterwards and I got an invite. Did you apply to other schools?

Thanks. I only applied to Georgetown and NYU
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 01:49
Did anyone email a thank you note post-interview? My interview was taken by a current 1st-year student. The zoom meeting URL was shared in an earlier mail from the MBA admissions team (he wasn't CCed). So I'm not sure if searching his email id and sending a note would be right.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
GPA: 3.42
WE: Other (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 09:39
admission2020 wrote:
Did anyone email a thank you note post-interview? My interview was taken by a current 1st-year student. The zoom meeting URL was shared in an earlier mail from the MBA admissions team (he wasn't CCed). So I'm not sure if searching his email id and sending a note would be right.

I sent an email thank-you note - mine was with the Dean of Admissions. I considered sending it directly to her using the Zoom meeting info, but just sent it to the general admissions email instead (GeorgetownMBA@georgetown.edu). I never received a reply, but assume they got it. Let me know what you decide to do!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 11:43
elwalton wrote:
admission2020 wrote:

I sent an email thank-you note - mine was with the Dean of Admissions. I considered sending it directly to her using the Zoom meeting info, but just sent it to the general admissions email instead (GeorgetownMBA@georgetown.edu). I never received a reply, but assume they got it. Let me know what you decide to do!

I asked a current student to share my interviewer's email with me and sent a thank-you note. I hope this doesn't backfire.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q40 V44
GMAT 2: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.84
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 11:47
admission2020 wrote:

I also interviewed with a 1st-year student, but did it in person. I didn't get a card/email address for them, but I emailed georgetownmbainterviews@georgetown.edu and got the interviewer's email address so I could send a quick thank you note. A short note won't hurt, but it could help so I think it's safer to send a note than not personally.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Accounting

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 12:04
computanti wrote:
admission2020 wrote:

I also interviewed with a 1st-year student, but did it in person. I didn't get a card/email address for them, but I emailed georgetownmbainterviews@georgetown.edu and got the interviewer's email address so I could send a quick thank you note. A short note won't hurt, but it could help so I think it's safer to send a note than not personally.

I got my interviewers email at the end of mine. If you didn’t, I think your best bet is to email the group one they use to send communications. At the end of day your thank you note may go to Adcom anyways. Getting the interviewer’s email from a colleague at the school, unless they are close friends, seems somewhat outlandish.

Sloan MIT School Moderator
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 14:34
Be well prepared for filling out John Dealy Fellowship form
The scholarship at GU-MSB ain't that great, I got one.
Please join the Georgetown admits upon admission. Also make sure you introduce yourselves :)
The highest seen are $55,000 (for two years)
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting GMAT Club special
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2020, 15:13
A new McDonough Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mcdonough-207/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1247
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.57

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2020, 03:37
A new McDonough Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mcdonough-207/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1250
Manager
Manager
B
GRE 1: Q160 V160

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2020, 08:29
Anyone getting ready for the next two weeks? :)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2020, 03:25
meme2019 wrote:
Anyone getting ready for the next two weeks? :)

It's more of anxiety rather than readiness. The wait is way too tiring, plus kind of killing the mood. Making someone wait for almost 2 months post their interview is extreme.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2020, 06:29
I got an invite for dinner with the dean, in DC. It says select R2 applicants were invited, is that normal for schools to do?

What should I expect?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 04 Mar 2020, 06:29

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 229 posts ] 

Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, MsInvBanker