GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 08 Apr 2020, 15:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2020, 22:20
fyi Ross just cancelled the group exercise scheduled this weekend in Japan bc of the coronavirus.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2020, 23:11
nuboard wrote:
fyi Ross just cancelled the group exercise scheduled this weekend in Japan bc of the coronavirus.

Yeah Im quite sad about this. Are you still going to Tokyo? I booked my flights last month and will probably still go this weekend.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q162 V153
GPA: 3.34

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2020, 12:50
Hi, I just had my interview last week in nyc. Does anyone know how long usually it takes to have a result coming out after the interview?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Sales (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 03:22
Yimi1995 wrote:
Hi, I just had my interview last week in nyc. Does anyone know how long usually it takes to have a result coming out after the interview?

According to last year's decision tracker for R2, people started hearing back around mid-March (March 14th).

Good luck! How did your interview go? I have mine tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.15
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 10:26
A new Ross Michigan Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ross-196/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1214
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 18:53
Tayne wrote:
Yimi1995 wrote:

According to last year's decision tracker for R2, people started hearing back around mid-March (March 14th).

Good luck! How did your interview go? I have mine tomorrow.

Good luck Tayne You can check more Ross Interview debriefs in the following link. I also request you to add your debrief.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ross-196/int ... brief.html
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 00:59
Hey Guys,
I am an Indian applicant and haven't heard anything from Ross yet. Is there still hope to get invite for interview?
BSchool Moderator
G
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 01:10
Hey, I believe the Round 2 interview notification dates were Jan 17th and 23rd.

If you didn't hear anything on those dates and also haven't seen any update in your portal, you should reach out to the Admissions Committee.

As far as I know, Ross doesn't do rolling invites, at least for Round 1 they released decisions on fixed dates. So, better for you to check the decision on the portal link that must have been shared with you, or write an email to the team. Best of luck!

visat wrote:
Hey Guys,
I am an Indian applicant and haven't heard anything from Ross yet. Is there still hope to get invite for interview?

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.

My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 02:31
variantguy wrote:

If you didn't hear anything on those dates and also haven't seen any update in your portal, you should reach out to the Admissions Committee.

As far as I know, Ross doesn't do rolling invites, at least for Round 1 they released decisions on fixed dates. So, better for you to check the decision on the portal link that must have been shared with you, or write an email to the team. Best of luck!

visat wrote:
Hey Guys,

Does that mean that anyone who has not got updates on 23 Jan is rejected? Did anyone get any other email apart from the ones who got invited to interview?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 05:14
visat wrote:
variantguy wrote:

visat wrote:
Hey Guys,

Does that mean that anyone who has not got updates on 23 Jan is rejected? Did anyone get any other email apart from the ones who got invited to interview?

Following is the quote from one of the emails from Ross.
"If you are not invited to interview, the Admissions Committee will further review your application. On March 18, 2020 you will receive either a waitlist or a deny decision. Applicants not invited to interview in Round 2 and placed on the waitlist will be re-reviewed for a possible Round 3 interview invitation."

It looks like they have put candidates on hold. Not sure if it's everyone who is not invited to interview and if I should be reaching out to them to ask for an update.
BSchool Moderator
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 05:26
Alright, so I gather that March 18th is the admit result announcement date for Round 2. In this case, you need to wait till then to hear about a waitlist or deny decision, since you didn't get an interview invite on the initial dates in January.I know this wait sucks, but stay strong and keep talking to Ross students and alums to know more about the school, so that you're prepared for when you hopefully get an interview call. Best of luck!

visat wrote:

Following is the quote from one of the emails from Ross.
"If you are not invited to interview, the Admissions Committee will further review your application. On March 18, 2020 you will receive either a waitlist or a deny decision. Applicants not invited to interview in Round 2 and placed on the waitlist will be re-reviewed for a possible Round 3 interview invitation."

It looks like they have put candidates on hold. Not sure if it's everyone who is not invited to interview and if I should be reaching out to them to ask for an update.

Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q160 V155
GPA: 2.75

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2020, 20:00
I am getting worried to have not heard back yet because I honestly expected at a minimum an opportunity to interview. I haven't heard a peep yet.

No matter the decision, I will continue to upgrade my credentials (starting with the gre which I only spent 3 weeks preparing for) not for the sole purpose of having a better resume for next year's app, but rather the desire to master analytical problem solving.

Wish me luck, but at this point, I'm a bit deflated, but never demotivated.

Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2020, 20:49
BigWood wrote:
I am getting worried to have not heard back yet because I honestly expected at a minimum an opportunity to interview. I haven't heard a peep yet.

No matter the decision, I will continue to upgrade my credentials (starting with the gre which I only spent 3 weeks preparing for) not for the sole purpose of having a better resume for next year's app, but rather the desire to master analytical problem solving.

Good luck! Keep working at it.
Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2020, 12:13
A new Ross Michigan Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ross-196/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1231
Current Student
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2020, 15:40
BigWood wrote:

Hey there BigWood,

It's okay! A school decision, is just that. These are independent events and do not say much about what you are capable of. Do you have other schools you are waiting on?
B
Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2020, 08:23
My Interview didn't go that well. :cry: :cry:
It was my first Skype interview... Wasn't my natural self. Though I answered all the questions, I wasn't able to bring out my strong points. My mic stopped working in between..

I have a good feeling that I have pretty strong credentials. Is the interview a make or break thing or just another data point for evaluation (If so, what is its contribution to the overall decision)?

Worried
Harvey
BSchool Moderator
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2020, 08:52
Hey, I'm sorry to hear that your interview didn't go as well.

Skype interviews are always a bit tricky and hence it's always better to check all the equipments, network, your settings, location etc.

As far as I know, interviews are not a make or break. Definitely not a break, at least. Especially given the fact that the technical glitch that happened was out of your control, and you were nervous which happens to quite many people as not everyone is accustomed to interacting with a person on the screen.

It's hard to comment exactly what weight the interviews carry, but typically it varies anywhere from 10%-25%. Again, I have no credible source for this and could be entirely off in my estimation.

But, don't lose hope, have faith in your application and your hard work! You have done your best and now the ball is in their court. Good luck! :)

harvey1992 wrote:
It was my first Skype interview... Wasn't my natural self. Though I answered all the questions, I wasn't able to bring out my strong points. My mic stopped working in between..

I have a good feeling that I have pretty strong credentials. Is the interview a make or break thing or just another data point for evaluation (If so, what is its contribution to the overall decision)?

Worried
Harvey

Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2020, 12:55
harvey1992 wrote:

Worried
Harvey

I agree with the above comment. I don't have first hand experience either, but I know friends who experienced similar issues and thought they blew it but ended up getting through. Don't lose hope yet. Good luck!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 15:12
Did rejection letters go out? Hoping I don’t receive one and may be waitlisted!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 18:11
I think only deny decisions were supposed to be sent today. I didn't receive any email, so I expect that I will get an update on 18th March.
BTW did your send them any update through the form?

baobaoxiu wrote:
Did rejection letters go out? Hoping I don’t receive one and may be waitlisted!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2020, 18:11

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 214 posts ] 

Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: variantguy, anjalyly